Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

7 minutes ago, Myst said:

From what we know so far, I have a feeling it'll probably be Classic Sonic. (Though I'd prefer an SA2 styled Modern Sonic)

If they do go the Classic route, I hope he's modeled after the Sonic CD version of the character, and not the Generations/Forces chubby take in Sonic. 

I doubt they'd change the design in any way from the game canon. I think these guys have passion for Sonic and want to do it right.

Agreed, but I think he will look "realistic" if that makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 3

I was wondering, since this movie is being released by Paramount (parent company of Nickelodeon) ..What if we get a new Sonic cartoon to coincide with the movie? (Boom ended in 2017) With animated versions of Tom (& Tika Sumpter's character)?

Basically an americanized version of Sonic X.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, Natasha Rothwell will be a guest on 'Late Night with Seth Myers' tonight. Maybe she'll talk about Sonic? (If it's not a repeat, that is)

1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

Agreed, but I think he will look "realistic" if that makes sense.

Sonic will probably look more like a real animal in the sense that he looks like a creature that could actually exists in the real world. That seemed to be what Patrick Casey was getting at.  

So I'd expect him to have the same silhouette and basic features as the games but more realistic i.e a mouth with a full set of teeth, detailed fur and quills and realistic eyes. We may or may not be getting the Cyclops eyeballs but if he's from another planet, then the alien anatomy may be easier to explain

And I have a feeling it's going to be realistic version of the classic design.

• Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Sonic will probably look more like a real animal in the sense that he looks like a creature that could actually exists in the real world. That seemed to be what Patrick Casey was getting at.  

So I'd expect him to have the same silhouette and basic features as the games but more realistic i.e a mouth with a full set of teeth, detailed fur and quills and realistic eyes. We may or may not be getting the Cyclops eyeballs but if he's from another planet, then the alien anatomy may be easier to explain

And I have a feeling it's going to be realistic version of the classic design.

Oh I totally agree. That's exactly how I imagine him.

I think Tails or other characters from the franchise will be introduced in a post credit sequence. If they had speaking lines in the first place, we would have heard the casting news by now. 

17 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I think Tails or other characters from the franchise will be introduced in a post credit sequence. If they had speaking lines in the first place, we would have heard the casting news by now. 

We don't even know what the story itself is, if going by the words of the crew.

I think we need to wait and see, because Tails might be there. For all we know, he could be mandated into being Sonic's best pal, or the crew do want to add him, but are just keeping it all under wraps because it isn't really big news. When going by how the treatment of this movie is proceeding, I can't see him not showing up in a main role.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

We don't even know what the story itself is, if going by the words of the crew.

I think we need to wait and see, because Tails might be there. For all we know, he could be mandated into being Sonic's best pal, or the crew do want to add him, but are just keeping it all under wraps because it isn't really big news. When going by how the treatment of this movie is proceeding, I can't see him not showing up in a main role.

He's right. if Tails had a main role, we would have definitely heard some casting news about him. Even if the crew were trying to keep it under wraps, the casting would have came out regardless, from one of the Trades. So if Tails is in the movie, he likely has a much smaller role. With what we've heard, Sonic is in need of a friend in this movie. Whatever happens to him, is causing him to feel lost. And that is negated if Tails is still tagging alongside him as his sidekick in this movie 

9 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

You got your wish about egg man lol!!! 

Great prediction.

Oh wow....I called this 5 years ago.....wow.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 3

The second image in that tweet is.. disturbing.

Natasha Rothwell was on Late Night with Seth Myers. Didn't mention the Sonic movie though..

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing much here, just some lady making an sign for Jim to see, and some girl who got casted as an extra. She also say that her car will be used for the filming.

BTW, here’s an fan art that I found.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

if you guys think we will see Tails and Knuckles in the movie?

Maybe not. They say it's gonna be "yearly" movies https://deadline.com/2014/06/sony-sega-team-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-pic-787162/, so they may plan to introduce Sonic in the first movie first, then some of the rest in the next installment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

Maybe not. They say it's gonna be "yearly" movies https://deadline.com/2014/06/sony-sega-team-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-pic-787162/, so they may plan to introduce Sonic in the first movie first, then some of the rest in the next installment. 

This is the first I heard about the yearly movies.

Maybe a cameo of Tails and Knuckles at the end of the movie? I'm still holding hope...

3 hours ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

No. In the original press release, they were talking about Marza wanting to do yearly movies in general, Sonic was only one of them.

Many misinterpreted the original news and we got this very same false info spreading around like wildfire a while back.

• Thumbs Up 5

20 minutes ago, BxB-Meister said:

Many misinterpreted the original news and we got this very same false info spreading around like wildfire a while back.

Oops.