Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

What's still unknown is if it'll be Modern or Classic Sonic, but it would make more sense for it to be Modern Sonic just by going with the films setting in the real world. Which was a concept in the series since Adventure 1999 to Sonic 2006 (even further when counting Unleashed in 2008), even in Sonic X in that same time frame.

I just hope it is Modern, it just makes sense for them to do so as Modern would be easier to adapt to film than Classic because of the extended cast (and the fact that those games actually have more story compared to the Classic-style games) could be spread out for at least a few films. Whereas Classic has a way shorter cast compared to Modern with very little story.

Plus we have the fact that Eggman is played by an actual person as opposed to full CG could be another indicator (another indicator would've been that advertisement with a silhouette of Modern Sonic under the film section) of this film being based around Modern.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

They have Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic, Classic Sonic don't have voice, therefore Sonic in movie will be modern one...I hope.

I thought the same thing too, but somebody on this topic debunked this some pages back listing Classic Sonic talking in media outside of the games. Of course recent examples of Classic like Generations and Forces don't speak at all or even Mania Adventures.

I can pretty much guarantee that the film will not remotely care about or acknowledge the Classic/Modern split, given that it's entirely irrelevant to a live-action adaptation which will be taking serious liberties already.  It's not even as if the designs are that different, in relation to the movie design which will probably be at least as different again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Given the setting of the film, and most Sonic Drive-In locations are located in rural areas, I could see an scene of Sonic, Tom, and Tika stopping by Sonic Drive-In for some chili dogs. 

Sonic-corona-exterior-parking-stalls-and-drive-in.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Given the setting of the film, and most Sonic Drive-In locations are located in rural areas, I could see an scene of Sonic, Tom, and Tika stopping by Sonic Drive-In for some chili dogs. 

Sonic-corona-exterior-parking-stalls-and-drive-in.jpg

Im sure SONIC would love the publicity.  Id like to see ads cross-promoting the movie in the near future.  SEGA and Paramount would be fools NOT to jump on this opportunity. 

6 hours ago, FFWF said:

I can pretty much guarantee that the film will not remotely care about or acknowledge the Classic/Modern split, given that it's entirely irrelevant to a live-action adaptation which will be taking serious liberties already.  It's not even as if the designs are that different, in relation to the movie design which will probably be at least as different again.

Yes I agree.

Sonic will look unique as it's his first live action movie. Looking forward to seeing whats to come.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, FFWF said:

Good point. It's an adaptation of the franchise, not a spinoff of the main continuity. They will take bits and pieces from different versions to make their own Sonic lore specifically for the films. Much like the MCU

Wait, this movie is set in the late 90’s? Interesting. 

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

Sonic vs the Badniks will leave much of the town destroyed. Calling it now 

I can see that too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta love how reading about all this never makes me feel like they are filming a Sonic movie. I get zero Sonic vibes from everything that has been revealed so far, but hey..how bad can another disaster to the franchise actually be?

• Thumbs Up 4

Here's an picture of Sonic and his friends hanging out at Green Hills for an special event. I put characters like Silver and Blaze who are unlikely to appear in the movie, because I wonder what the movie will be like if they appear.:

On 9/13/2018 at 10:00 PM, Alexios31 said:

Wait, this movie is set in the late 90’s? Interesting. 

Um, no, it's probably set in the present day, because there was an fake SFPD police car spotted on set. The car is an Ford Police Interceptor (2013-present).

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, Myst said:

The top part of that SUV looks like it's been ripped off!

That truck seem to be the latest gen Tacoma. I wonder if Toyota paying SEGA and Paramount to featured their cars in the movie? Usually damaging newer cars in movies is expensive. Damaging older cars is cheaper than destroying newer ones.

7 hours ago, Myst said:

Nice artwork CaptainRobo! It would be awesome if one of these days we see a red biplane on set!

Thanks, maybe, we will see it hopefully.

So, anyway, this donut shop was hired to provided the food for them, and they made this.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Myst said:

FFFF That Jellee donut mascot... I can already see people drawing him in the Sonic style, making him into a 'new' character xDD

• Chuckle 1

So, how likely do you think it is that we'll see other characters like Tails or Knuckles in this movie?

Seems like it'll be simple and just be Sonic and Eggman but, given that it may not do massively well, it'd suck to see them hold back for a sequel that never happens.

Kind of makes me wish they'd just done an all CGI movie, emulating Pixar movies, in a fully fantasy world with as much of the core cast as possible bit, we'll see I guess.