Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

7 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

- The movie will be nothing like the Smurfs or Alvin and the Chipmunks

And the collective fanbase sighs relief. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

13 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

- The movie will be nothing like the Smurfs or Alvin and the Chipmunks

Can I ask the staff a big favour? This should be the headline for the thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

With his reputation already so low and nobody taking video game movies seriously I doubt it'll have much effect.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

If the movie tanks, will it further damage Sonic's rep?

Sonic can survive 06 and WiiU's Sonic Boom before, movie's possible failure cannot kill Sonic. I believe the movie will not be the best, but not a trainwreck.

51 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Why are people so down on the movie? 

Since they announce that movie will be live action/CGI made by Sony, Immediately, people will thinking about Smurfs. And with animal characters, people also thinking about Alvin chipmunk movie which characters are completely off-model to its cartoon counterpart. So the fans are going bananas and fear of Sonic being redesigned to the point of beyond Sonic Fan Film's Sonic. And you know Sonic fans right? Some people jump right into conclusion that movie will bomb without further information and they believe so and posted their opinion online. And bandwagon starts, people think movie will bomb from said many people's negative opinion.

Even the screenwriter need to remind people that their movie will be not like those movies. The negative impact is real that he need to control it.

1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

Why are people so down on the movie? We haven’t gotten even one offical movie still and people think it will fail. 

This saddens me. 

I'm staying positive with this film, I think it will succeed. It may not become a big film success like Jurassic World & it's sequel, but it will be successful no doubt.

But while I'm staying positive I do worry a little about the film going too far from what Sonic is. Like even further than what Shadow's game possibly would've.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

Since they announce that movie will be live action/CGI made by Sony, Immediately, people will thinking about Smurfs. And with animal characters, people also thinking about Alvin chipmunk movie which characters are completely off-model to its cartoon counterpart. So the fans are going bananas and fear of Sonic being redesigned to the point of beyond Sonic Fan Film's Sonic. And you know Sonic fans right? Some people jump right into conclusion that movie will bomb without further information and they believe so and posted their opinion online. And bandwagon starts, people think movie will bomb from said many people's negative opinion.

Even the screenwriter need to remind people that their movie will be not like those movies. The negative impact is real that he need to control it.

It's not that. I have to keep telling people every time I state my opinions that I don't think it'll be like the Smurfs or whatever else.

This film doesn't look, nor feel Sonic. I'm not getting the sense of "super fast, spiny hedgehog who loves to explore the world and fight for freedom." Everything about this feels like "Sonic the Plot Device" instead. And because of no concrete information about plot or anything, we're left to wonder what the hell this movie is going to be about, and how Sonic ties into it. If it ends up as "Sonic ends up in our world," I will kick a puppy.

All this talk of sequels make me feel even less confident about the film too, because it sounds like this is meant to form a poorly put together "movie universe" for da big monies, even though it's just a standalone video game adaptation in which the movie still hasn't finished filming.

We need information, real information, and we need it fast.

• Thumbs Up 6

3 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

I think we will see Sonic's design Feb/March of next year.

A long wait indeed....

I think that's possibly when the trailer will release as it lines up with the 8-month mark when trailers start getting released for films. Especially with Paramount they always try to get a trailer out as far in advance as possible, so they might try to exceed the 8-month mark to 9 or possibly 12-months. But I still say a trailer might release with bumblebee, that's within the 12-month range. But it could still be too early though.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

If the movie tanks, will it further damage Sonic's rep?

I mean considering how low it is I bet this will at most be a forgettable blip.

A film failing does not mean the character or franchise loses rep with those who care about it. It does mean it loses rep with those who dont follow a series and gives them material to trash on. The fans dont lose faith in the character or the series. Just like 06. I love 06 and watching its E3 trailer even today makes me wish it did well cause its vision was amazing and could have been one of the best sonics ever. Instead faith is lost on the team that deleivered that game. The team that rushed it out the door when they knew it was not done and with a team torn apart to work on the wii at the same time. Same for this movie. Sonic will be fine. But people will lose hope in the film medium and the studio if they fail. Its like we know sonic could be good if the right people got a hold of him and treated him right

42 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I think that's possibly when the trailer will release as it lines up with the 8-month mark when trailers start getting released for films. Especially with Paramount they always try to get a trailer out as far in advance as possible, so they might try to exceed the 8-month mark to 9 or possibly 12-months. But I still say a trailer might release with bumblebee, that's within the 12-month range. But it could still be too early though.

I highly doubt that. 

I know they wouldn’t want to release anything until the CG works looks up to standard. They will not rush in revealing Sonic. That I can assure you. 

4 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

I highly doubt that. 

I know they wouldn’t want to release anything until the CG works looks up to standard. They will not rush in revealing Sonic. That I can assure you. 

They can still work on CGI after trailers release- Thanos looked kinda shoddy in some of the early Infinity War trailers, but he looked spectacular once the movie came out. 6-8 months is pretty standard for when trailers start releasing before a movie. Using Marvel again (cause they're the only movies I follow), IW got its first trailer in late November 2017 with a late April release date. Captain Marvel gets its first trailer this week with a March release date next year. These movies already have a ton of hype so they can afford shorter advertising periods, so I expect to see some stuff for Sonic around early spring next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

They can still work on CGI after trailers release- Thanos looked kinda shoddy in some of the early Infinity War trailers, but he looked spectacular once the movie came out. 6-8 months is pretty standard for when trailers start releasing before a movie. Using Marvel again (cause they're the only movies I follow), IW got its first trailer in late November 2017 with a late April release date. Captain Marvel gets its first trailer this week with a March release date next year. These movies already have a ton of hype so they can afford shorter advertising periods, so I expect to see some stuff for Sonic around early spring next year.

Yes, February/March like I said. 

Sonic will be revealed before the trailer. CG in the trailer and the actual design in promo are two different things. Entertainment Weekly will likely do a spread on the movie and we'll get official stills. Wouldn't be surprised if they get cover page with a shot of Sonic, Tom and Tika

Like thiscivil-war-1393-ew-cover.jpg

Or this 

42845462d0a3222572_0.jpg

39 minutes ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

Same goes for Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom as it's trailer released in early December with a June release date. That is within the 6-8 month range, so it's very likely for Sonic to get a trailer like you said early Spring next year. Now HTTYD 3 The Hidden World exceeded the trailer release date range as it's first trailer released in June with the film set to release in March 2019, which is in the 9-month range.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

A film failing does not mean the character or franchise loses rep with those who care about it. It does mean it loses rep with those who dont follow a series and gives them material to trash on. The fans dont lose faith in the character or the series. Just like 06. I love 06 and watching its E3 trailer even today makes me wish it did well cause its vision was amazing and could have been one of the best sonics ever. Instead faith is lost on the team that deleivered that game. The team that rushed it out the door when they knew it was not done and with a team torn apart to work on the wii at the same time. Same for this movie. Sonic will be fine. But people will lose hope in the film medium and the studio if they fail. Its like we know sonic could be good if the right people got a hold of him and treated him right

You mean like the Ratchet & Clank Movie for example. Which was really popular with the fans, but those who were not fans it wasn't so popular with (which therefore lead to losing trust to the team behind the film, Rainmaker). But that didn't make the fans instantly stop supporting the series. Just look at the PS4 game sales as the fastest, best-selling Insomniac Games title of all-time (Spider-Man probably took that spot).

Not sure if anybody noticed the post about the chopped Tacoma that I was talking about. I noticed that the truck is the latest Gen Tacoma, which has its roof chopped off. Is Toyota provide some of their cars for the movie?  Usually car companies will give their cars away for movies to damage them. 

14201B84-EE54-4679-B3A7-392D3B6253A2.thumb.jpeg.bde3520bf963edd1a1358c828eb2ce2d.jpeg

I also noticed an silver RAV4 with an California license plate on it spotted at the filming set in Ladysmith. Could that be Tika’s car? Maybe, Tika could be an tourist from California who ended up helping Sonic and Tom.

8AEEFB1B-082A-427E-BCE2-DFA9E9EDEE84.jpeg.93bd303256d8cc707a4d53e8d3ec941f.jpeg.

The car is an outgoing gen of the RAV4. I know I may be going a bit untopic, but here’s the new one.:

CA084873-07C0-4BE2-9FDF-8AD48C145A9E.thumb.jpeg.512c4daa14567cc879bf76adc767b918.jpeg

BTW, this could be the reason why Paul was no longer considered for the role of Tom.

http://www.justjared.com/2018/09/07/chris-evans-paul-rudd-scarlett-johansson-film-avengers-4-in-atlanta/

Oh, here’s an funny little comic of Tom and Sonic having chili dogs.

• Thumbs Up 1