Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I think he is using this video to imagine how Sonic and his friends would look like on the live action scenes. 

BTW, here is an new filming notice. Nothing much, just filming for an small scene. 

Opposums you say?

latest.png

• Chuckle 3

14 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

[video]

That's lovely and all, but isn't really very helpful without some context. Make sure that, in future, you at the very least add a description explaining why a video like this is relevant to the discussion.

Not sure if this is legit, but it’s seem that this lady named Stacey Schroeder (Blockers, The Disaster Artist, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, and The Last Man on Earth) will be the editor of the movie. Well, you know she will edited the scenes for the movie.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm4275862/filmotype/editor?ref_=m_nmfm_2

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stacey_Schroeder

Anyone can edit on IMDB, so I’m going to take this with an grain of salt.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Myst said:

IMDB is listing three new characters in the cast. A 'Parisian girl' another girl named 'Jojo' and someone known as 'Mrs. Porter'

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_tt_cl_sc

Hmm.

Must be background actors who only had small roles.

However, anybody can edited on IMDB, so we should always take these with an grain of salt. 

I wish there could be more characters appearing besides Sonic and Dr. Eggman in the movie. It would be nice to see an nice scene of Silver helping an little kid helping to get his plane back from tree by using his telekinesis powers, or an scene of Cream and Cheese enjoying being with Tika, or maybe an scene similar to this picture that I draw, a while ago? All of that would be nice to see in the movie.:

3FE3EE51-9F9D-4230-8916-A14F026975D5.jpeg.33a3e20c5ad51d1f741a7da712356f69.jpeg

Maybe, we will see more of them in the end? I don’t know.

BTW, one of the co-producers is in Vancouver, probably here for the filming.:

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Looks like Sonic won't be the only blue video game character on the big screen in the coming years

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/04/mega-man-is-going-to-become-a-live-action-movie

I do wonder if Sonic is a success, will that blow the door open for more video game adaptations in the future 

Yeah I could see the possibilities of Sly Cooper (the film was shelved in favor of the TV show), Jak & Daxter, Ty The Tasmanian Tiger, Crash and Spyro (there were talks of a Skylanders film before Skylanders Academy) getting films. Of course those would be more likely be pure CG animated as opposed to Sonic's direction.

5 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Yeah I could see the possibilities of Sly Cooper (the film was shelved in favor of the TV show), Jak & Daxter, Ty The Tasmanian Tiger, Crash and Spyro (there were talks of a Skylanders film before Skylanders Academy) getting films. Of course those would be more likely be pure CG animated as opposed to Sonic's direction.

Ty The Tasmanian Tiger?  Now thats a name I havent heard in eons. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I think Jak and Daxter could work as a live action film. Those games were pretty mature and most of the characters are humans 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, a knothole resident said:

Ty The Tasmanian Tiger?  Now thats a name I havent heard in eons. 

Eons, great Skylanders reference. Yeah I get the Ty games are a little over a decade old, but they are getting PC releases since 2016. As they are working up to a new Ty game after the remasters. There was a Ty TV Show but it was cancelled because they couldn't find anyone to distribute it.

53 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I think Jak and Daxter could work as a live action film. Those games were pretty mature and most of the characters are humans 

I'm not too sure how well that'd work, easily it could work in animated form, similar to the HTTYD Trilogy. A live-action/ CGI approach seems a Lot harder for a series like Jak & Daxter though. Plus if Jak & Daxter got a live-action/ CGI adaptation I'm afraid it may wind up looking like Naughty Dog's plans (concept art) for Jak 4 where neither Jak or Daxter look recognizable in a more realistic form. Well they aren't really humans though or even elves for that matter, as the long ears and height don't really match for either one of those.

Also about the whole ``What will Eggman be called in the film?" subject. I think they'll most likely use Dr. Ivo Robotnik instead of Dr. Eggman. It would just sound easier to market a film like this with the villain's name being Robotnik which sounds more convincing as opposed to Eggman. Now I could see Sonic calling him Eggman instead of Robotnik like he does in the games (even Sonic Boom), by calling Eggman anything but his actual name.

56 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Eons, great Skylanders reference. Yeah I get the Ty games are a little over a decade old, but they are getting PC releases since 2016. As they are working up to a new Ty game after the remasters. There was a Ty TV Show but it was cancelled because they couldn't find anyone to distribute it.

I'm not too sure how well that'd work, easily it could work in animated form, similar to the HTTYD Trilogy. A live-action/ CGI approach seems a Lot harder for a series like Jak & Daxter though. Plus if Jak & Daxter got a live-action/ CGI adaptation I'm afraid it may wind up looking like Naughty Dog's plans (concept art) for Jak 4 where neither Jak or Daxter look recognizable in a more realistic form. Well they aren't really humans though or even elves for that matter, as the long ears and height don't really match for either one of those.

Also about the whole ``What will Eggman be called in the film?" subject. I think they'll most likely use Dr. Ivo Robotnik instead of Dr. Eggman. It would just sound easier to market a film like this with the villain's name being Robotnik which sounds more convincing as opposed to Eggman. Now I could see Sonic calling him Eggman instead of Robotnik like he does in the games (even Sonic Boom), by calling Eggman anything but his actual name.

It depends on which story they're trying to tell. Sandover Village and Haven City could both work in live action. The latter would not look too dissimilar from something like Blade Runner or the futuristic Japan in Ghost in the Shell. They still look like humans, the only unique trait to them is their ears which could also be done in live action. Jak is 5'10, Ashly is like 5'8. They are normal human height 

I just see the Jak franchise lending itself much better to a PG-13 Blockbuster dystopian action film like Blade Runner. The stories in all of these games minus the first one are very dark and mature. 

Sly Cooper? Yeah, that should be an animated kids film but Jak should go the route of Sonic 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

It depends on which story they're trying to tell. Sandover Village and Haven City could both work in live action. The latter would not look too dissimilar from something like Blade Runner or the futuristic Japan in Ghost in the Shell. They still look like humans, the only unique trait to them is their ears which could also be done in live action. Jak is 5'10, Ashly is like 5'8. They are normal human height 

I just see the Jak franchise lending itself much better to a PG-13 Blockbuster dystopian action film like Blade Runner. The stories in all of these games minus the first one are very dark and mature. 

Sly Cooper? Yeah, that should be an animated kids film but Jak should go the route of Sonic 

Okay you got me there. It's just I think a pure CG film could perfectly capture the look and feel of the series had for the era. I agree Sly should be animated (obviously). Jak would probably be a perfect fit for a Sonic-style movie. But that would mean redesigns and voice-cast changes, which I don't see it being Jak & Daxter without the duo's respective voices. Now I can see Daxter being pure CGI for a live-action/ CGI film, kind of like Rocket Raccoon. But neither Daxter nor Jak's voices can be replaced (okay they swapped Jak's in The Lost Frontier, which wasn't a very good idea to me) so easily since they fit the characters so well.

Anyways a Jak film like Sonic I can agree with. Will it happen? (Rainmaker did plan on a Jak movie after Sly, but after Ratchet it's assumed to not be happening) Probably not, I mean look how long their taking with the Uncharted film. Then Sony would need a team that's not Naughty Dog to do another Jak & Daxter (even though they said it's never off-the-table) game to go along with the film.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:25 PM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

The Robotnik name hasn’t been used outside Social Media since the end of Archie. Mania doesn’t even acknowledge it once, and S2 of Boom states Eggman really is his last name.

18 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

The Robotnik name hasn’t been used outside Social Media since the end of Archie. Mania doesn’t even acknowledge it once, and S2 of Boom states Eggman really is his last name.

Well I'm assuming that's what their going with as the Wikipedia page does list Robotnik as his name. Even Agent Stones tiny character description mentions Robotnik as his name. As for Sonic Boom S2, Robotnik was mentioned in the season finale by Morpho (of course that could be pure reference that anything canonical). Now if they decide to change the name later on in the films production, could be possible.

• Thumbs Up 1