Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

The Robotnik name hasn’t been used outside Social Media since the end of Archie. Mania doesn’t even acknowledge it once, and S2 of Boom states Eggman really is his last name.

Well he's going to be Robotnik in the movie. It is it's own thing. A name like "Eggman" would be a lot harder to market to the general audience. Not unless you want nobody to take him seriously at all. 

Both names will be in the movie as confirmed by the writers 

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Well he's going to be Robotnik in the movie. It is it's own thing. A name like "Eggman" would be a lot harder to market to the general audience. Not unless you want nobody to take him seriously at all. 

Both names will be in the movie as confirmed by the writers 

I completely agree that it would be a Lot harder to market with the name Eggman.

Wait when was both names confirmed? Because I don't remember seeing or hearing about that.

11 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I completely agree that it would be a Lot harder to market with the name Eggman.

Wait when was both names confirmed? Because I don't remember seeing or hearing about that.

One of the writers (Josh Miller) was on a podcast and he confirmed the name Eggman will be in the movie, albeit he said it will make sense for why he has that nickname.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, I don't think anybody notice the post that I made about Kingsman 3 being released on the same day the Sonic movie will be releasing. You guys had any concerns how it might affect the movie?

9 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, I don't think anybody notice the post that I made about Kingsman 3 being released on the same day the Sonic movie will be releasing. You guys had any concerns how it might affect the movie?

Release date could easily be moved...but even so, do these movies have a crossover audience?

I'm struggling to figure out who the target demo is for this Sonic movie. I'm more concerned about that than anything else. Hoping a trailer will clarify that...but I'm also worried it's not going to clarify anything. I hope this movie isn't a trainwreck.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm still wondering about the Motion Capture that Ben Schwartz is doing for Sonic in the movie and did some research. I didn't know Ted was a mocap character. That's kind of neat even if I can't stand McFarlane. 

As we know, this doesn't mean Sonic will be humanoid, but could be more human or realistic looking than expected from us for the live action treatment and will probably have Blur Studios do character animation touch ups. Hopefully with the short stature they're giving him this means they've learned that the Michael Bay Movie Turtles are not a template for how to design Sonic. What I'm hoping for is that they're going the Paddington route in making Sonic into a funny blue hedgehog character that looks like he belongs in a fun movie like Paddington but put him in a Marvel movie kind of situation through his film. 

I'm doing some roughs for how he could look and I'm leaning all kinds of directions, but hoping to hell he looks closer to Rocket Raccoon and Paddington over the Turtles even with their designs being improved upon in Out of the Shadows a little. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Still shocked that we haven't gotten a look at Jim yet...

11 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

I'm still wondering about the Motion Capture that Ben Schwartz is doing for Sonic in the movie and did some research. I didn't know Ted was a mocap character. That's kind of neat even if I can't stand McFarlane. 

As we know, this doesn't mean Sonic will be humanoid, but could be more human or realistic looking than expected from us for the live action treatment and will probably have Blur Studios do character animation touch ups. Hopefully with the short stature they're giving him this means they've learned that the Michael Bay Movie Turtles are not a template for how to design Sonic. What I'm hoping for is that they're going the Paddington route in making Sonic into a funny blue hedgehog character that looks like he belongs in a fun movie like Paddington but put him in a Marvel movie kind of situation through his film. 

I'm doing some roughs for how he could look and I'm leaning all kinds of directions, but hoping to hell he looks closer to Rocket Raccoon and Paddington over the Turtles even with their designs being improved upon in Out of the Shadows a little. 

Oh I would LOVE to see some of your roughs. :)

1 hour ago, LongcrierCat said:

I think he will look closer to Rocket and Paddington but judging by the tracking dots on Schwartz's face - Sonic's will probably be more expressive able to convey more complex emotions for more intense scenes i.e

Aa7m5my.jpg

3oVqmPkm.jpg

g3ertIi.jpg

I think he's going to be more life-like than many fans are expecting or ready for. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Someone got an free hat from the filming crew.:

I wonder if this is our first official look at Sonic?

I just hope Sonic looks decent enough.^^  I don't really have high hopes for this movie right now because of the Smurfs-like plot and Jim Carrey as Robotnik(after people like Jim Cummings and our current Dave Pollock giving such awesome performances, Jim Carrey seems like a downgrade to me as he does not have the voice or the presence to really do a menacing Robotnik/Eggman).  I'll reserve my judgment until seeing the movie, but the plot doesn't exactly shout "epic!" to me.

The yvrshoots twitter mentioned a week or two ago that Jim Carrey is doing green screen work at Mammoth Studios.

I think the reason we haven't seen Carrey is that he is filming ALL of his scenes in a studio somewhere, in a green screen bodysuit. They might add a lot of CGI to him to make him look like Eggman.

15 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

I wonder if this is our first official look at Sonic?

Well, the symbol on the hat appear to be this.:

sonic-transparent-emblem-6.png

So, maybe?

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic is lazy, so a bit Sonic X vibe, I see. :-)
But...James and Tika as a couple? Hoe it won't pull interest toward them too much more than Sonic himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is the text, if anybody want to see it.:

You have Sonic the Hedgehog and Nobody’s Fool coming out, too. Each is so different—do you like touching on multiple genres?

“I love that I don’t just have to do one thing. Nobody’s Fool is my first romantic comedy, and it’s hilarious working with Tiffany Haddish and Whoopi Goldberg. I mean, it was awesome—on set [it] was just joyful, and everybody was happy to be there. I got to play this type-A character who has a list of what life is going to be, and then it totally goes out of whack. Life is malleable, it has to change. And then with my sister, it gets all crazy! That [film] was amazing to work on.

“Jeff Fowler worked under Tim Miller, who did the first Deadpool. This is his first film, so I’m super excited to be part of it. He’s so smart. Sonic is lazy [laughs]. James Marsden and I play husband and wife, but I get in on the action with Sonic. Jim Carrey is also in it—he’s playing Doctor Robotnik. I started in drama, and then now it’s fun and comedy, so I’m glad I get a taste of all of those things.”

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought they were gonna be strangers and then love starts to spark between them, honestly that's the most entertaining cliché in films, usually, but they are already married here, so... at least it's more unique? Can't say yet, we'll see, I just hope there isn't much drama between them.

And Sonic is lazy... not sure how to feel about this.

• Fist Bump 1

6 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Sonic is lazy? That can be cool I guess...

Has he ever been lazy before?

Pretty much the entirety of Sonic X. Sonic Adventure starts with him relaxing by a pool. It's not unheard of for him to just kick back when he isn't actively fighting.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

Pretty much the entirety of Sonic X. Sonic Adventure starts with him relaxing by a pool. It's not unheard of for him to just kick back when he isn't actively fighting.

And Boom as well, to the point it is his defining trait there. Hope he’s not as bored and lazy as that...

4 hours ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

Nice, so he likes to kick back by the pool and relax. I like them chill vibes.

• Thumbs Up 1