Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

11 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

LOL! 

You It doesn't have to be the same studio hahahaha!!! The Last Jedi trailer was before Justice League. Come on now....

I don't exactly keep up with every trailer with theatrical releases but from what I seen with the likes of Ratchet & Clank, Jurassic World, Goosebumps, Angry Birds Movie and Pirates. All of them (DVD releases) had trailers for films from the same studio. Maybe unless the other distribution studio had some sort of involvement with the respective film as some sort of joint production.

Okay I didn't know that with Star Wars and Justice League, as I never even bothered keeping up or caring about those films.

When the trailer does drop, I hope someone here can inform us what movie to watch so we dont miss it on the big screen.  Sure you can catch it on youtube, but I want that experience of watching the trailer in a packed theater and observing the reactions from everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/6/2018 at 6:58 PM, Alexios31 said:

Still shocked that we haven't gotten a look at Jim yet...

Oh I would LOVE to see some of your roughs. :)

You are in luck today, friendo~ 

I'm kind of doubting that Sonic will look like Spongebob did in the Sponge Out of Water movie, but I still think that Sonic will fare better than the Turtles did. However, I did include doodles in the top left if that's what we end up with. Generally, I think they will go with a realistic Furry type of design will probably be what they go for. But I really doubt they'll go for lips like they did with the Turtles on the basis that it still gives us all Mike Myers flashbacks to The Cat in the Hat and that Paramount has even decided that G1 Transformers will be the way to go with Bumblebee (finally~). 

Really I think Sonic will look like a Paddington or Rocket Raccoon with a realistic take on the iconic shoes and peculiarly peanut shaped goggles to evoke the eye shape. 

I may also do more Robotnik sketches knowing that Carrey is filming in a green screen set and suit at Mammoth Studios. I had to look them up and it seems to be a generic name for in studio film set studios? Interesting stuff. 

Also, fwiw on Jeff Fowler being a first time director so was Tim Miller when he did Deadpool and well... look who's basically co directing. Even if Live Action Sonic as an idea is heavily flawed at least this team is guaranteed to give us whatever will be a good (enough) version of that. I still have to wonder if anyone besides Sonic and good ol' Dr. Eggman are set to appear and we just haven't heard about it yet. Given the Green Hill vibes though, they may stick to this movie being their Sonic 1 though. So it may not be too surprising to not see the Big Name Friends yet. I kind of hope to see some neat takes on the animals freed from badniks though. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Way Past Cool 1

3 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

I'm kind of doubting that Sonic will look like Spongebob did in the Sponge Out of Water movie, but I still think that Sonic will fare better than the Turtles did. However, I did include doodles in the top left if that's what we end up with. Generally, I think they will go with a realistic Furry type of design will probably be what they go for. But I really doubt they'll go for lips like they did with the Turtles on the basis that it still gives us all Mike Myers flashbacks to The Cat in the Hat and that Paramount has even decided that G1 Transformers will be the way to go with Bumblebee (finally~). 

Really I think Sonic will look like a Paddington or Rocket Raccoon with a realistic take on the iconic shoes and peculiarly peanut shaped goggles to evoke the eye shape. 

I may also do more Robotnik sketches knowing that Carrey is filming in a green screen set and suit at Mammoth Studios. I had to look them up and it seems to be a generic name for in studio film set studios? Interesting stuff. 

Also, fwiw on Jeff Fowler being a first time director so was Tim Miller when he did Deadpool and well... look who's basically co directing. Even if Live Action Sonic as an idea is heavily flawed at least this team is guaranteed to give us whatever will be a good (enough) version of that. I still have to wonder if anyone besides Sonic and good ol' Dr. Eggman are set to appear and we just haven't heard about it yet. Given the Green Hill vibes though, they may stick to this movie being their Sonic 1 though. So it may not be too surprising to not see the Big Name Friends yet. I kind of hope to see some neat takes on the animals freed from badniks though. 

Dang thats amazing!! WAY PAST COOL!

26 minutes ago, LongcrierCat said:

That's very cool, man! Sonic's face is probably going to somewhat resemble Schwartz's face and that's kinda exactly what I was imagining 

12 hours ago, LongcrierCat said:

Very nice. I just hope that he doesn’t ended up looking creepy which I doubt.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/3/17933406/lilo-and-stitch-live-action-movie-disney-streaming

I know everyone is wondering about Sonic's film design, but apparently Disney is taking a similar approach with a planned Lilo and Stitch film. So it would seem that the same challenges for Sonic's design will also apply to Stitch. Now this is a different path compared Disney's recent live-action/CG films like Jungle Book and others.

So in both Sonic's and Stitch's case I hope they don't go too far with realistic CGI to the point of creepy or unrecognizable (this one is Not supposed to in Sonic's case). However it's not likely that Stitch will release around the same time as Sonic's release date.

27348366359d14fc76b2dde67242e2a6_just-sonic-by-swirlything-on-deviantart-realistic-sonic-drawing_857-932.thumb.jpeg.c76134f4b47403dccbe68af52f85d0ef.jpeg

I still maintain this is the ideal movie design. Not too realistic, not too human but more anatomically correct and more expressive face.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Myst said:

I wonder what that Pink Fiat picture gotta to do with the movie? Is this hinting that Tom and Tika are married in the movie?

19 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

There is a licensing expo happening right now. Theres a chance we might get our first look of Sonic...

I don't know, I think it's still too early to see what Sonic would look like. Maybe early 2019, but that's as far as my estimate would go.

17 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I don't know, I think it's still too early to see what Sonic would look like. Maybe early 2019, but that's as far as my estimate would go.

I’m guessing April 2019. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I wonder what that Pink Fiat picture gotta to do with the movie? Is this hinting that Tom and Tika are married in the movie?

I wonder if the movie ends with a wedding. I can picture Amy catching the bouquet and chasing a terrified Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Myst said:

I wonder if the movie ends with a wedding. I can picture Amy catching the bouquet and chasing a terrified Sonic.

Oh that would be awesome! Haha

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, Myst said:

Sally looking jealous in the shadows.  Id actually be happy if this all happened....or if everyone went to a Mina Mongoose concert during the credits =P

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Speaking of Sally, I hope they use some of the Archie characters in this universe 

Ain’t no chance that happens unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

Ain’t no chance that happens unfortunately. 

Is Tails even going to be in this?  Maybe at the TAIL end of it?  Yeah that was lame, Im sorry.