Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Maybe you can see this poster somewhere in the background in a movie scene.

You know, I don’t think there will be an tie-in game for the movie. However, with Team Sonic Racing possibly being delayed next year, I could see an idea of Tom as an playable character and Green Hills, Montana as an race track as free DLC to promote the movie. It will be cool and nice to see that happened.

48 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I'm thinking so.

2 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

I'm thinking so.

Maybe we'll see a Mina Mongoose concert poster or just scattered easter eggs from the Sonic franchise in general. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

20 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

Maybe we'll see a Mina Mongoose concert poster or just scattered easter eggs from the Sonic franchise in general. 

That would be cool.

4 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

That would be an coincidence because one of the movie producers worked on the Fast and Furious movies. Also, I noticed there are some German words on the bottom of the poster. I wonder if they put the poster there on purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if this movie will have Sonic, Eggman and Tom traveling across the globe? IMDB lists someone in the cast as a 'Parisian girl' and now we have a German movie poster. Hmm. 

18 hours ago, Rowl said:

I wonder if they will shrink Sonic down to match the size of real life hedgehogs, kinda like they did with the Chipmunks. 

OMG, I hadn't considered this possibility. I mean I doubt it, but imagine that lol.

9 hours ago, Myst said:

I wonder if this movie will have Sonic, Eggman and Tom traveling across the globe? IMDB lists someone in the cast as a 'Parisian girl' and now we have a German movie poster. Hmm. 

Probably not, considering how important the main location appears to be. Sonic could speed across the globe at some point, though, passing through Europe.

So, guys, with the news of Team Sonic Racing possibly delayed to next year, I think of an idea of having Tom as an playable character and Green Hills, Montana as an track as free DLC to promote the movie. It would be an perfect opportunity to promote it. Wouldn’t be cool and nice if that happen? I think it would be cool and nice.

Yea, I say this on my last post, because I don’t think anybody had noticed it.

Can't say it has much appeal to me. I'm expecting the movie to be awful so I'd rather it not leak into other Sonic media, and "some generic cop dude" and "some generic town" aren't exactly the most inspired concepts, especially compared to the colorful, stylized characters and fantastic environments that make up the bulk of the series.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I wouldn't expect anything movie related in TSR.

I know, but it would cool to see if that happened. Yea, I wouldn’t expect any movie related content in TSR. The movie will be different from the games.

9 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

I thought they already wrapped?

Probably post production which can also include re shot scenes

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Well then maybe production hasnt been wrapped up just yet.

Maybe second or third phase shots here?

A lot of modern movies do that, sometimes depending on how a movie is filmed it can go beyond the normal phases of movie filming.

Multi stage film making isnt abnormal even for a cash grab movie.

You would think such things would drive up production costs but not always as sometimes filming extra phases saves studios money thanks to modern editing techniques and digital compilation

I want to say I truly want the film to succeed, but I just can't see it happening, particularly in the reception side, from both, critics and the general public. And from what I have seen so far, it doesn't look good. A live-action/CGI hybrid has never seemed appealing to me. Up to now, there haven't been any characters from the franchise confirmed to appear in the film aside Sonic and Eggman, not even the most obvious ones such as Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. No locations from the series either. What happened to Sonic's world and all of his friends?. The story is rather shallow and uninspired, from the get-go; Sonic being "on the run from the government"?, befriending a sheriff and his wife?, is this for real?, it sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me. I can't find a single positive aspect for this movie, at all.

Hopefully it's just me being pessimistic and the film turns out to be indeed good, at least on the box office which I believe it will because Sonic in general still has a strong selling power, but I guess it's not entirely guaranteed.

• Thumbs Up 1