Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

Now they are finished shooting for real? 78 days since July 31st?

Well, that seem too short for filming an movie. Maybe they are done filming in Vancouver? I don't know, but the movie won't be out till November. So, they got a lot of time to get things done.

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, that seem too short for filming an movie. Maybe they are done filming in Vancouver? I don't know, but the movie won't be out till November. So, they got a lot of time to get things done.

Yeah that seems a bit premature to just wrap up filming that soon cause werent they supposed to film in New York and San Francisco next?

10 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

Yeah that seems a bit premature to just wrap up filming that soon cause werent they supposed to film in New York and San Francisco next?

I don’t remember if they will filmed some scenes in SF, but I do remember there was an report that there will be additional filming in NYC.

However, unfortunately, Tails’ Channel starting to doubt about the filming in NYC.

BTW, James posted this picture of him and Jim on his Instagram.

• Thumbs Up 2

55 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

And... Now we wait for the marketing campaign 

It will be quite a wait unfortunately....

• Thumbs Up 1

Now, with filming officially finished, they had to put Sonic and possibly his friends and all the special effects in the scenes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

On 10/12/2018 at 5:41 AM, Pawn said:

OMG, I hadn't considered this possibility. I mean I doubt it, but imagine that lol.

Probably not, considering how important the main location appears to be. Sonic could speed across the globe at some point, though, passing through Europe.

I can imagine the Badniks being scaled down to their real animal inspirations in size, with stuff like Buzzbomber being only a nuisance. 

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Now, with filming officially finished, they had to put Sonic and possibly his friends and all the special effects in the scenes.

Emphasis on Sonic's friends.  They damn well better.  At least give us Tails I mean come on.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 2

1 hour ago, a knothole resident said:

Emphasis on Sonic's friends.  They damn well better.  At least give us Tails I mean come on.

Completely agree. 

I have to ask in light of what we know of this movie; what exactly would Tails bring to either the plot or Sonic's character? I know that we as fans would prefer to see more than Sonic as the sole representative of the franchise outside Eggman, but what does Tails really bring? He's supposed to be a kid brother character who idolizes and is inspired by Sonic, but to the best of our knowledge they are playing a less heroic take on Sonic at the start of this film rendering Tails irrelevant as looking after Tails and encouraging his own growth and self-confidence is outside of the scope of this particular Sonic. Now arguably, I could see introducing Tails later on as a way of showing how Sonic has matured over the course of the film but I would not be surprised if they just use some random human for that as well.

Someone made an mock-up of Jim as Dr. Eggman to imagine how he would look like in the movie.:

I’m surprised we didn’t get any set photos of him as Dr. Eggman. Maybe we will get our first look of him in Entertainment Weekly like these.:

x56hgiyk0gk11.jpg

3rwyp1gu8c911.jpg

Oh, on an unrelated note, Spider-Man: Far From Home just finished filming on the same day the Sonic Movie finished filming.

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Who the heck is that and why is it in the movie thread?

Probably one of the film crew members. This is an wrap party to celebrate the finished filming of the movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Probably one of the film crew members. This is an wrap party to celebrate the finished filming of the movie.

Finished for filming in Canada I hope.  Cause I'm still in disbelieve that theyre done filming in general.  That just seems too rushed considering the short duration it took.

56 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

Finished for filming in Canada I hope.  Cause I'm still in disbelieve that theyre done filming in general.  That just seems too rushed considering the short duration it took.

A lot of green screen work has been done too don’t forget. 

1 hour ago, a knothole resident said:

Spider-Man: Far From Home finished filming the same time 

5 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Spider-Man: Far From Home finished filming the same time 

Also, Spider-Man: Far From Home was filmed on 2nd July while our Sonic film was filmed on 30th July. and both movies finished filming on the same day.