Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Do we think there is a place for Tails, Knuckles and Amy in the movie? I would say yes, don't get your hopes up, but with only 8 actors cast, it does seem a bit off and not much tbh, I'm wondering if there is actually a focus on humans, because it doesn't seem like it, but it's mostly the plot that throws me off, I don't see where they could add the animal characters from what we got of the plot description, the focus seems mostly on Sonic, Robotnik and Tom. We shall see if they get cast during these months, now that the movie has finished filming.

4 minutes ago, Rowl said:

Wouldn't they already have been announced if their would play a role in the movie? 

I'm not sure. They could also record lines after the shooting has finished. It really depends on the direction of the movie, but with so few human characters, either the movie has a short cast, or there are a couple more CGI characters. The focus could be on Sonic and Robotnik, for all we know.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Rowl said:

Wouldn't they already have been announced if their would play a role in the movie? 

Not really. They could have a surprise cameo at the end of the movie. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I made this a while ago. I do remember I posted this on one of my posts, but I don't think nobody had noticed this. Since, we could get an chase similar to the GUN truck chase from SA2, I imagine how would the chase similar to that would look like in the movie. So, Here's the picture.:

Spoiler

gun_truck_chase_by_kitsuoi-dcckd6h.jpg

Also, here's another one.:

Spoiler

city_escape_by_kitsuoi-dc0v5e7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

So what is left of the competition now?

Nov 8th:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Kingsman 3

Midway

Nov 15th:

Terminator 6

Margie Claus

Untitled Will Packer Comedy

Nov 22th:

Untitled Marvel/Fox Film (Might changed due to Disney buying Fox.)

Nov 27:

Frozen 2

Queen and Slim

Source: https://www.movieinsider.com/movies/november/2019

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Nov 8th:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Kingsman 3

Midway

Nov 15th:

Terminator 6

Margie Claus

Nov 22th:

Nov 27:

Frozen 2

Queen and Slim

Sonic will be the #1 movie in the world for 2 weeks. Mark my words.

• Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

20 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

That depends on the quality of the movie, the marketing, and if people are genuinely interested in this movie compared to other offerings.

The market can be difficult to predict, especially a year ahead of time.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

That depends on the quality of the movie, the marketing, and if people are genuinely interested in this movie compared to other offerings.

The market can be difficult to predict, especially a year ahead of time.

Mark my words.

I think it's a good prediction... about the design, after all they did say it wouldn't be "drastically different a la Boom", and I thought Boom wasn't too weird, but they also said "realistic", so I don't know.

As for the movie success, they just need to advertise it properly, obviously. If the first trailer drops at Super Bowl in early February, may we get a teaser for Christmas or New Years? That would be dope.

5 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

I think it's a good prediction... about the design, after all they did say it wouldn't be "drastically different a la Boom", and I thought Boom wasn't too weird, but they also said "realistic", so I don't know.

As for the movie success, they just need to advertise it properly, obviously. If the first trailer drops at Super Bowl in early February, may we get a teaser for Christmas or New Years? That would be dope.

I would be ok with that, as the writer say that Sonic won’t looked too much different. So, that’s good.

I think we probably won’t be getting our first trailer until somewhere in Spring.

12 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

Not going to happen. First look is coming March - April.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:58 AM, Alexios31 said:

I doubt it, Sonic won't be, considering that the third Kingsman film comes out on the same day as Sonic, and those seem to be doing very well at the moment.

42 minutes ago, Sir Laptop said:

I doubt it, Sonic won't be, considering that the third Kingsman film comes out on the same day as Sonic, and those seem to be doing very well at the moment.

Are you serious? The second Kingsman performed horrible at the box office and critics HATED the film.

1 minute ago, Alexios31 said:

Are you serious? The second Kingsman performed horrible at the box office and critics HATED the film.

I wouldn't consider $410 million total gross to be 'performing horribly', but OK. Sonic will be a blockbuster if it makes anywhere near that amount of money.

On 10/22/2018 at 2:47 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Nov 8th:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Kingsman 3

Midway

Nov 15th:

Terminator 6

Margie Claus

Nov 22th:

Nov 27:

Frozen 2

Queen and Slim

Kingsman 3 - nobody cares

Midway - Roland Emmerich makes shit movies

Terminator 6 - seriously? lol

Margie Claus - sounds horrible

Untitled Will Packer Comedy - Who?

Untitled Marvel/Fox Film - Its Marvel so Sonic is doomed.

Frozen 2 - Sonic will be murdered!

Queen and Slim - meh

1 hour ago, Sir Laptop said:

I wouldn't consider $410 million total gross to be 'performing horribly', but OK. Sonic will be a blockbuster if it makes anywhere near that amount of money.

Compared to the first Kingsman, the sequel was a failure. 

Anyways let’s steer back on topic shall we. 

• Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

Terminator 6 - seriously? lol

You know that movie is being directed by Tim Miller who is also the executive producer of the Sonic movie. Also, Paramount is distributing the movie.

11 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

Untitled Marvel/Fox Film - Its Marvel so Sonic is doomed.

Unless Dark Phoenix or New Mutants are delayed again and take up the slot Fox has nothing else far enough along to be done by then.

I hope that the movie is going to have a decent box office result. $410 million would be already okay.

Was wondering what the movie will be like, if Tom and Tika meet Silver and Blaze. So, I drew this picture of them having an campfire at night. I know it’s unlikely for them to appear  in the movie, but it will be cool to have them appear in it.

3FD139BE-CB0C-438F-846E-45F2C5B559C5.thumb.jpeg.5477bd884d6b2e47154868e8b53f5d2f.jpeg

• Fist Bump 2

18 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

You know that movie is being directed by Tim Miller who is also the executive producer of the Sonic movie. Also, Paramount is distributing the movie.

Well thats awkward.  But still, Terminator 6?  Is this another soft reboot or a continuation from Genysis?