Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Yeah, keep those the guys who made me like the characters again far away from this movie.

lolopinions

I don't remember Graff and Pontac doing any substantial toilet humor.

What!? You don't remember all those fart jokes in SLW!?

Yes, for the love of god keep Pontac and Graff as far away from this as possible. 

I fail to recall those writers using that kind of humor.

Unless you mean the Colours broken translator jokes.

Well, I'm all for keeping Pontac and Graff for this. Just let them do more than just jokes, and maybe bring in a couple more who're more experienced with "nuanced" writing to better balance things out, and good things should hopefully happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wasn't even referring to them in my last post. I was making a point on how almost every movie like The Smurfs or some other 'child-oriented' franchise that is adapted to film tends to have very unfunny toilet or gross humor as a means to entertain very young viewers.

It was in no way a jab on what I feel towards Pontac and Graff's writing abilities. 

I wasn't really really referring to them using toilet humor, but rather I do not feel their writing style will be substantial enough for a feature length film. If they have problems writing for a video game, imagine what could happen when they actually have to tell a story instead of just writing dialogue for a few scenes.

I can only recall one single instance of 'body function' humor from Pontac and Graff and that was the "He was using burps to do it" and "Eggman is gassy" lines from Colours.

I wasn't referencing that specifically BTW with my dislike for 'crude' humor in a prospective Sonic film. I mean didn't people express disappointment over initial reports before Wreck-It Ralph released that the film would include stuff like that?

I'd like to see humor from Orbot/Cubot if they're in any prospective Sonic film. I just have a feeling they'd be popular amongst movie goers too.

I wasn't really really referring to them using toilet humor, but rather I do not feel their writing style will be substantial enough for a feature length film. If they have problems writing for a video game, imagine what could happen when they actually have to tell a story instead of just writing dialogue for a few scenes.

We have no idea. It could go either way, because I don't think they've ever done something that large in scale.

Maybe the freedom of time to tell a story would help them flourish.

But they had a lot more freedom with Lost World and that still had some problems too. And like I said, its a feature length film, which means it would be a lot easier for them to fuck up.

But they had a lot more freedom with Lost World and that still had some problems too. And like I said, its a feature length film, which means it would be a lot easier for them to fuck up.

I don't think they did. I mean, honestly, the game didn't have much in terms of a story. It followed a pretty simple structure, the cutscenes just seemed like a little thing to put the levels together. The 'story' itself didn't really go anywhere.

I don't think they did. I mean, honestly, the game didn't have much in terms of a story. It followed a pretty simple structure, the cutscenes just seemed like a little thing to put the levels together. The 'story' itself didn't really go anywhere.

They were interviewed and they told everyone that they had a lot more leeway with the story this time, and they basically made it up from start to finish. Now unless they were lying when they said that, I can't really find any more excuses for them./

They were interviewed and they told everyone that they had a lot more leeway with the story this time, and they basically made it up from start to finish. Now unless they were lying when they said that, I can't really find any more excuses for them./

Within limits though.

I think SEGA wanted to cut down on the story, due to many reviewers being critical of the writing in previous games. I don't think they would risk allowing the writers to put down a story similar to, say, Sonic Adventure 1.

But wasn't SLW first praised for having a story where significant events happen in them rather then at just the beginning at the end?  Id say the game shows how much they can do with more leeway as opposed to Gens and Colors.

But wasn't SLW first praised for having a story where significant events happen in them rather then at just the beginning at the end?  Id say the game shows how much they can do with more leeway as opposed to Gens and Colors.

And I'm not saying that it wasn't an improvement, but I still notice problems with how they lazily tie events together and how they don't capitalize on some of their plot points. This isn't a big deal in a video game, but in a movie good plotting is kinda crucial.

Lost World was also criticized for having a naff third act, for the development of Sonic and Tails' argument being rocky to the detriment of either one or both characters, and for the Deadly Six being underdeveloped cliche's.

• Thumbs Up 9

Lost World was also criticized for having a naff third act, for the development of Sonic and Tails' argument being rocky to the detriment of either one or both characters, and for the Deadly Six being underdeveloped cliche's.

Around Tumblr I have seen people criticize the sudden sassiness of Tails in the first and second act, so I suppose the argument part has to do with Tails. I've also seen people getting their panties tight due to the fact that Zomom apparently is the stereotype in which fat people are always dim-witted and only think about food.

IMO, I didn't like Tails' sassiness that much either. I get he can be a bit of a smartass sometimes, but sassy? Ehh... That's mostly my biased opinion, though. I hate sassy characters that have no other motivation but to be jerkasses. I really do.

I liked Tails' attitude given the circumstances of the deal, and how he felt Eggman was encroaching on his role. It gave him actual emotional range. What I didn't like was how much of a heel-turn the conflict itself was within the context of the story. There was little lead-up to it and it pretty much ignores Sonic not wanting to work with Eggman anymore than Tails did. Sonic was pretty much painted as either wrong whenever he used his available options and nearly incapable without Tails' help, and he came out of it a bit of a loser.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yes the story had flawss...never said that they didnt. All im saying that with more freedom they were able to make something out of it that seems to have been better received by fans then the last two games story-wise

Better recieved doesn't really make it good tho?

Welp. Guess ill just bow out now then and avoid and the opinon battle that would probably start from this. lol

So, how about that there supposed Sonic movie. Has there been anything new pertaining to this leaked/announced/etc. today?

So, how about that there supposed Sonic movie. Has there been anything new pertaining to this leaked/announced/etc. today?

The only thing we know is a site, there's literally nothing to talk about pertaining to it.