Awoo.

Willsy

Steven Spielberg with Disney for the first time (or so I recall)!

I just hope they know what they are doing

I hope so too, man. That last Indy was pretty weak.

oh god so it's a threesome now

Still don't want to see a Indiana Jones world in Kingdom Hearts. Star Wars, fine. Indiana Jones? No thank you.

What's more cooler than fighting Nazis for an artifact of doom and nonchalantly shoot guys with swords?

They let in Jack Sparrow in, why not Indy?

Thanks for putting me in a mood for watching Indy btw.

1. I never liked Indiana Jones all that much.

2. Pirates has Jack Sparrow and pirates, characters and themes I like. Sora fighting nazi's with the help Of a architect never really appeals to me.

3. They'd most likely use crystal skull. I loathe that entry.

Really it's just personal taste. Star Wars is much more wacky and Disney IMO compared to Indiana, so I'd be more open with that.

Wait I thought when Disney bought Lucas Art they also owned Indiana Jones

I don't really care much about this, to be honest. Indiana Jones 4 was enough, so hopefully they'll let the series rest, at least in terms of movies. Who knows, maybe they'll come up with some cool properties n the EU department, and maybe veer into spinoff territory, but I really hope they won't make a sequel to Indiana Jones 4.

Saw this coming from miles away since there were Indy rides at Disney World. I hope they do make another film, and hopefully it's good this time around.

Alternate report:

In what seemed an inevitable outcome of Disney acquiring all of Lucasfilm’s properties—and soon, the world—Paramount has ceded its Indiana Jones distribution and marketing rights to the studio, with Disney tossing them an idol of as-yet-undisclosed value while demanding that Paramount give them the whip, and all ancillary uses of said whip. Under the new arrangement, Variety erroneously reports that Paramount will still control “the first four films” in the franchise, despite there only being three, as well as receive a cut of any potential future Indiana Jones films—a prospect that now also seems inevitable.

There’s no official word on that as of yet, though rumors were floated recently that Harrison Ford, who’s repeatedly expressed interest in reprising the character, demanded a commitment to another Indiana Jones movie as part of his Star Wars deal—possibly because he plans to just bang all these damn sequels out at once so everyone will then leave him alone. Or, given Disney’s zeal for vertical integration, maybe he wanted to make sure the next Indiana Jones movie is just an adaptation of Disneyland’s Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, with an exhausted Ford letting doubles do all the work.

Linky.

I find it weird they didn't own the movie rights already. If they had the ownership of the IP, couldn't they have just terminated Paramount's license...?

Paramount still will receive royalties despite not doing anything with it anymore? How the heck does that work? It's Disney's property.

Am I missing something here?

I'm going to say the same thing about this that I said about the Star Wars series: At least it's going to a place where George Lucas hopefully can't hurt it anymore.

I find it weird they didn't own the movie rights already. If they had the ownership of the IP, couldn't they have just terminated Paramount's license...?

Paramount still will receive royalties despite not doing anything with it anymore? How the heck does that work? It's Disney's property.

Am I missing something here?

Apparently Paramount still owned the marketing and distribution rights to Indiana Jones, which is now in Disney's ownership.

I hope we get another film, but I also hope there's no aliens and UFOs in it.

Honestly why was this a big deal? The whole series is built on myths, legends, conspiracies and the implausible. So why not aliens? We could accept Nazi's melting to death and exploding, a man that ages grotesquely to dust. Hearts being pulled out of bodies that heal. Many goofy and implausible stunts.

But a crystal skulls (largely associated with the supernatural and paranormal)and aliens? Way too out there.

As for Lucas the guy would make a sandwich and sill get castrated by overtly passionate fans. Don't blame him for retiring from both series. Not saying he isn't without fault but I do find blaming him for absolutely everything that was unpopular with Indy 4 and Star Wars prequels highly exaggerated at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uaz3Vfof4tI

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm going to say the same thing about this that I said about the Star Wars series: At least it's going to a place where George Lucas hopefully can't hurt it anymore.

I don't actually think Lucas hurt Star Wars with the exception of The Phantom Menace. Attack of the Clones, The Clone Wars (2008 series), and Revenge of the Sith were good in my opinion. Rebels sounds interesting too.

The only bit of Indy 4 that I didn't like was the whole UFO thing.

The whole UFO/aliens approach Indy 4 had going was because it was based on 50s science fiction serials, which focused on communists and aliens. The past three films were based on 30s adventure serials, which focused on adventures through ancient temples and finding powerful artifacts.

I don't actually think Lucas hurt Star Wars with the exception of The Phantom Menace. Attack of the Clones, The Clone Wars (2008 series), and Revenge of the Sith were good in my opinion. Rebels sounds interesting too.

The only bit of Indy 4 that I didn't like was the whole UFO thing.

I wasn't really referring to those. More so, Lucas' infamous tendency to "edit" his old works.