Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Awards

Chris

I'm always up for some Mega Man X, though I think I'll knock out some Sonic and Super Mario World once the semester is out in a few days as well!

• Thumbs Up 1

Emulators don't count do they.

(i really want that metroid badge)

I did say screenshots too, didn't I? Some of these games cost a mint to pick up nowadays so it's not really fair if I said no.

I did say screenshots too, didn't I? Some of these games cost a mint to pick up nowadays so it's not really fair if I said no.

Well some of them like the Sonic sidescrolling games were rereleased in Steam, but stuff like Super Metroid could be exploited through a Save File or something.

Either way, thanks for answering~

metroidddd

Some of these games are on my bucket list.

I'm game. I'll have Super Mario World done in an hour! ;D

With Chrono Trigger, can it be the DS version? I don't see why it couldn't be but I feel I should double check.

EDIT: Eh, pretty stupid question now that I think about it considering a lot of these games have other ports/re-releases. IGNORE SILLY OL' ME!  xP

With Chrono Trigger, can it be the DS version? I don't see why it couldn't be but I feel I should double check.

The DS version would only require Lavos to be defeated, not the Dream Devourer or any of the additional content which wasn't included in the original release. Same goes for any of the ports with extra content.

Oh man this is such a cool idea, sounds like loads of fun. Lord knows how I'll fit in time to beat them all during break with every other game I wanted to play but I certainly can't miss out of these neat little badges.

For games like Sonic 1 and Sonic CD, would it be alright if I used the Android ports/remakes for my playthroughs?

For games like Sonic 1 and Sonic CD, would it be alright if I used the Android ports/remakes for my playthroughs?

Playing as only the characters available to be used in the original releases (so for those, only Sonic). Sonic 2 and 3 would allow all S/T/K.

• Thumbs Up 3

I plan on playing Sonic 1, and CD on their superior Taxman iOS versions, so i'll try to differentiate from a fake online shot (not that anybody should need to cheat on those games, right?) also, can you add Super Adventure Island II to that list? It's an old favorite and I'm sure many others have played it as well. Hell, what about Super Mario Kart? And let's not forget the DKC games.

This sounds pretty cool. Does it count if I use the Steam versions for the Genesis Sonic games?

Edit: Oh and how about the GBA version of Super Mario Bros. 3? Yeah never mind about that

Edited by SwiftWinds

This sounds pretty cool. Does it count if I use the Steam versions for the Genesis Sonic games?

Edit: Oh and how about the GBA version of Super Mario Bros. 3? Yeah never mind about that

All ports are okay as long as they are straight-ports that don't change much.

I would join in this, but I don't think I'll be as committed. Plus with the only games I do have access to (Sonic 1-3&K) I'm not even good enough to get to the credits ^_^'...

Hmm, sounds like fun! I was planning to save a run through Chrono Trigger for next year, but it might not be a bad way to kill a week when I'm not busy. Since it says "any ending" I'm guessing I can make it a New Game+ run, but only if I'm going for one of the original SNES endings, not the DS ending, correct?

Wait Gunstar Heroes is on the list...crap I completed the game months ago in a few hours, are we talking any difficulty or at least normal, because I did it on easy, heck I'll do one better than a screenshot I'll record it, but I do play on an emulator, I can't promise a no death run though.

Sonic, RKA, Gunstar Heroes and maybe a Mario are all gonna be easy. I'll try to get a Shinobi game done too and maybe by some chance Zelda:ALTP.

So that a guaranteed four for me and quite possibly six.

Hmm, sounds like fun! I was planning to save a run through Chrono Trigger for next year, but it might not be a bad way to kill a week when I'm not busy. Since it says "any ending" I'm guessing I can make it a New Game+ run, but only if I'm going for one of the original SNES endings, not the DS ending, correct?

We would like it if you tried to get an ending legitimately (i.e. not use New Game+) but there's nothing we can really do to stop you on that front since we wouldn't know about it.

And no, the DS-exclusive ending won't count.

Hm, is there a way to send screenshots from a Wii U? Because I could do Super Metroid and Super Mario World (and the original Mega Man X if I choose to get it on the Wii U VC).

Neat! Guess it's time to dust off my copy of Mega Drive Ultimate Collection. Now to decide which Sonic to play.

I've never completed the Ecco games. I suppose this gives me a reason to try. WITHOUT save states.

Hm, is there a way to send screenshots from a Wii U? Because I could do Super Metroid and Super Mario World (and the original Mega Man X if I choose to get it on the Wii U VC).

You could invest in an insanely expensive screen capture device, or you could just take a photo of your screen.  (Which may take some work) - Sorry, I know that's not very helpful, but those are the only suggestions that come to mind. =P

I suppose I could take a picture of my TV screen - it might be the best option actually, makes it more valid I think.