Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Awards

Chris

Honor system.

Seriously, don't fucking fret over this shit. It's a badge for funsies. We're confident enough that the majority of members here will earn their badges properly; otherwise, this event wouldn't be happening.

To add on to this: We're not going to demand emulator memory dumps of the game ending screen so we can cross reference to prove you beat it. This is a fun little event with fun little awards just to have some community stuff for Christmas. We really shouldn't have to worry about not trusting you in that situation, and we're willing to give you the benefit of the doubt to use your best judgement for proof.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm going to ask this. Just one time, because I think a badge inspired by that game would be neat.

Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow? You know, that game with Ninja Donald Duck? Any chance?

If we're allowed to suggest games, actually, I was wondering if Pulseman would be considered? I realize it's not a game that many have played, but I feel like that's sort of the point, too (if you don't have a Wii, I'd suggest grabbing a ROM and booting it up). I am at least planning to play Chrono Trigger (and perhaps Kirby Super Star), but provided the time works out, I'd like to take a shot at a game I haven't actually finished before (at least I don't remember finishing it...). I also figure other people would like to give it a shot too!

This is a really cool idea, gives me a reason to play these again at least.

Since Chrono Trigger is on here, any chance that any of the old Final Fantasy games will pop up? How about Super Mario RPG? Donkey Kong would also be pretty cool admittedly. Golden Axe for the Genesis/MD side would be pretty cool too to be honest. 

This is a really cool idea, gives me a reason to play these again at least.

Since Chrono Trigger is on here, any chance that any of the old Final Fantasy games will pop up? How about Super Mario RPG? Donkey Kong would also be pretty cool admittedly. Golden Axe for the Genesis/MD side would be pretty cool too to be honest. 

What no vectorman or Comix Zone(admittedly that game is near undefeatable, but hey), or what about kid Chameleon(despite the length)

Some people have the awards already? I thought you said they were only given out the minute 2014 begins.

EDIT: Just read your posts in the photos topic. Disregard this.

Edited by Frogging101

People make me laugh when they say Comix Zone is unbeatable...

well it is EXTREMELY hard, especialy if you are weak at beat-em-ups... I stink at button mashing

Hard yes, button masher, nope.

I love Comix Zone, challenge is part of the reason why I love it ¦3

Do I only need to play a game series one time? As in do I only need to play one of the Sonics or do I get multiple awards for playing Sonic 1 2 3K and CD?

So, basically, All I gotta do is beat the game and save a screenshot of it? Simple enough. Put me down for Kirby Super Star.

Tempted by the Kirby badge. It'd make a nice partner to my Sonic one :] Looks like I'm going to have to set-up my Wii and blast through Super Star.

Time for the additions today!

ri.gif c3.gif

Ristar (MD) and Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES) join the lineup.

kdl_g.gif

Due to the huge differences in dedication required to acquire the Kirby badge between Dreamland 3 and Super Star, I've decided to make this new icon with a gold border and give it out for the following:

• A Super Star clear through The Great Cave Offensive with at least 60% of the collectables OR full run of The Arena
  • A complete Kirby's Dreamland 3 run with the 100% ending

Considering this was a bit of a late addition, I'll be giving the gold banner one to anybody who completed the criteria of the white banner until I add new awards tomorrow.

So to clarify: the white banner award is still around for a normal clear of either game by defeating Dedede in DL3 or Milky Way Wishes in SS.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic and Mario. I can do those eaaaasy. I want dat Kaabii one but I haven't played much of Dreamland 3 or Super Star. ^^; I'll try though.

I love this idea. I'm going to just go for Sonic 1 and Kirby Super Star since I'm horrible at all those other beloved games. :P

Time for the additions today!

ri.gif c3.gif

Ristar (MD) and Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES) join the lineup.

kdl_g.gif

Due to the huge differences in dedication required to acquire the Kirby badge between Dreamland 3 and Super Star, I've decided to make this new icon with a gold border and give it out for the following:

• A Super Star clear through The Great Cave Offensive with at least 60% of the collectables OR full run of The Arena
  • A complete Kirby's Dreamland 3 run with the 100% ending

Considering this was a bit of a late addition, I'll be giving the gold banner one to anybody who completed the criteria of the white banner until I add new awards tomorrow.

So to clarify: the white banner award is still around for a normal clear of either game by defeating Dedede in DL3 or Milky Way Wishes in SS.

Sounds good!

Say, do you think you could also add these updates to the first post, so that they'll all be in one place and be a bit easier to keep up with? This topic could get a bit lengthy over the month-long period, I'm thinking.

i want to join, but i never played the old 2-d sonic games. does sonic colors 2-d count?

No, sorry just the classic games!

No, sorry just the classic games!

oh! you mean the old sonic games that come after sonic heroes? (?)

i saw it said 2-D so i was very confused. i'm very sorry!!

oh! you mean the old sonic games that come after sonic heroes? (?)

i saw it said 2-D so i was very confused. i'm very sorry!!

The only games which apply for the Sonic award are the following:

• Sonic 1;
  • Sonic 2 / +Knuckles;
  • Sonic 3 / +Knuckles;
  • Sonic CD;
  • Sonic Spinball;
  • Knuckles Chaotix

Any ports of them are fine as well through the various collections they've been featured in (through emulation), but only the MegaDrive (+CD/32X) versions are considered.

The only games which apply for the Sonic award are the following:

• Sonic 1;
  • Sonic 2 / +Knuckles;
  • Sonic 3 / +Knuckles;
  • Sonic CD;
  • Sonic Spinball;
  • Knuckles Chaotix

Any ports of them are fine as well through the various collections they've been featured in (through emulation), but only the MegaDrive (+CD/32X) versions are considered.

Oh! I never played any of those before! Thank you for telling me! :]