Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Awards

Chris

I really love the looks of this fun li'l challenge, so I am definitely jumping in! =) I have got a couple of games in my current collection that I can revisit and therefore complete for some of the badges.

As of 20th December, I can try to achieve at least 5 SNES badges (Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Tetris Attack / Panel de Pon and Kirby) and 5 Mega Drive badges (Sonic The Hedgehog, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Ristar and Earthworm Jim).

One thing is for sure... DAT GOLDEN KIRBY BADGE~! I sooo must achieve that one.

EDIT: One question...

Grooooooovy Gold 2013

ewj_g.gif

Defeat Psycrow and save Princess.. uh, What's-Her-Name in either the SNES (1 or 2) or MD (Special Edition) version(s) of Earthworm Jim.

I presume the remake released for the Xbox Live Arcade counts towards this badge, right? I'm afraid I don't have the Mega Drive version with me at the moment... .w.

Edited by Kaabiitorori

Hot damn, if only I had known of this thing sooner. Oh well.

Time to binge on some games!

Gonna knock out Sonic and Knuckles right now. I'm on the Death Egg, so I'm pretty close.

Just a suggestion, but how about adding Pokemon to this list? It could be the old Gameboy games of Gen 1 or 2, since everyone is so used to the newer Pokemon games I'd imagine playing through Red or Silver would be hard now.

Just a suggestion, but how about adding Pokemon to this list? It could be the old Gameboy games of Gen 1 or 2, since everyone is so used to the newer Pokemon games I'd imagine playing through Red or Silver would be hard now.

Chris is only doing Mega Drive and SNES games for this year.

Combo Breakers 2013

ki.gif

Stopped Ultratech's doomsday plans during the Holiday 2013 event (Killer Instinct, SNES).

One for JJ 2013

9804_sm.gif

Saved New York from certain destruction at least once during the Holiday 2013 event, but not without snapping a few pictures of Spidey in action for JJ (any Spiderman game, SNES or MegaDrive/Genesis).

New Appearances 2013

mm7.gif

Stopped Albert Wily's plans for world conquest during the Holiday 2013 event (Mega Man 7 only, SNES).

Di-no-miiiiiite! 2013

dh.gif

Assisted Headdy in defeating the King Dark Demon during the Holiday 2013 event (Dynamite Headdy, MegaDrive/Genesis).

You may see one more day of award updates prior to Christmas. On Christmas day, I'll be introducing the final set.

Edited by Chris Kringle
  • Thumbs Up 5

Di-no-miiiiiite! 2013

dh.gif

Assisted Headdy in defeating the King Dark Demon during the Holiday 2013 event (Dynamite Headdy, SNES).

You may see one more day of award updates prior to Christmas. On Christmas day, I'll be introducing the final set.

Awesome choice. Love this game. Very hard, but the gameplay is so cool and it has a great soundtrack.

Any chance of giving us Decap Attack Starring Chuck D Head?

So can we add Ocarina of Time to this or is it strictly 2D games.

It's not easy to emulate Ocarina of Time at a good framerate, which is why these games are all SNES and Genesis. 

Combo Breakers 2013

Di-no-miiiiiite! 2013

dh.gif

Assisted Headdy in defeating the King Dark Demon during the Holiday 2013 event (Dynamite Headdy, SNES).

I don't think Dynamite Headdy is on SNES? I mean, last I checked.

COULD IT BE?

Di-no-miiiiiite! 2013

dh.gif

Awww yeah! Looking forward to playing some Dynamite Headdy! =D

Di-no-miiiiiite! 2013

dh.gif

OMG... I am SO TOTALLY gonna do this one! Got very fond memories of this game, I love that game to death. =___D

TMNT Hyperstone Heist when? Turtles in time alone is such a short game.

Gold Cowabunga award for beating both Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist.

I love you guys for that Dynamite Headdy badge. 

It is okay if I play the japanese version? It is easier than the US one...

Sure.

So can we add Ocarina of Time to this or is it strictly 2D games.

It's not easy to emulate Ocarina of Time at a good framerate, which is why these games are all SNES and Genesis. 

No. Emulation was not a factor in any decision here since I encourage that members play actual copies of the games (but I'm obviously not going to turn you away if you didn't).

I don't think Dynamite Headdy is on SNES? I mean, last I checked.

Er, MegaDrive.

Edited by Chris Kringle
  • Thumbs Up 1

No. Emulation was not a factor in any decision here since I encourage that members play actual copies of the games (but I'm obviously not going to turn you away if you didn't).

Oh, I thought I read a few pages back that stuff like stuff from the 3D era weren't added due to accesible-ty reasons or something like that. Must've read it wrong. 

Early 3D era isn't actually that hard to get your hands on anymore, thanks to things like the Virtual Console and PSN. I'd say Gen 6 would be the most iffy.