Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Awards

Chris

Then OoT pls.

While the time may be available, it isn't the purpose of this event. There may be an event in the future which will involve other consoles.

The choice of console(s) was the generation in which Sonic the Hedgehog was first introduced, not when Mario first went 3D or Rare created a modern console FPS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does other games and consoles count?

No. It's only SNES/Genesis era with the games listed (Chris may add more games from these consoles) for this event.

I'm really enjoying this event. =D I'd have played more by now, if it weren't for various Christmas-related commitments. If there's one that I'd really like to see added though, it's Super Fantasy Zone. Either way, I ought to give that another go soon.

Hmm, what to try next... Perhaps Mean Bean Machine.

I'm really enjoying this event. =D I'd have played more by now, if it weren't for various Christmas-related commitments.

Same here. I said I was going to play more games but I just don't have the time for it! I'm still playing SMB3 on GBA as we speak and since I've never beaten it it's taking me a while to finish the damn game. Kirby this ain't!

Btw, there is already an award for Mean Bean Machine. =)

Btw, there is already an award for Mean Bean Machine. =)

Oh, I know. I was choosing from the current line-up. Maybe I should try something that I haven't played before though...

I wonder if many people will be doing this event once christmas comes and they get all their new things. I may do one or two more games if I feel like it, but once Christmas comes, my new games will be taking priority over this contest. That's one reason I was doing so many games so quickly as well.

Will there be any more gold awards and/or games added after christmas?

Looks unlikely since there's already lots of games available, and with Christmas just around the corner some might not have enough to play most of these games (including me!) You never know though!

There's plenty of games to choose, yet such little time to tackle through 'em with the last week of Christmas coming around (at least in my case, but it may well apply to most of us around here).

I am trying to tackle through 12 games (7 Mega Drive, 5 Super Nintendo) and that's it. So far I've managed to beat 4 Mega Drive games and got their pictures for approval, but I'll post 'em all together when it's closer to the deadline.

As I mentioned before, there's 7 days to go before the competition ends. So good luck to everyone! ^o^

I've got a question, actually. I got enough treasures for the Gold Kirby award but, I didn't beat Milky Way Wishes. Do I have to beat that too to get the white award? Because if so I'll go ahead and do it since I'm done with all the ones I think I'm going to play (save for a Golden Axe game and maybe Dynamite Headdy).

I've got a question, actually. I got enough treasures for the Gold Kirby award but, I didn't beat Milky Way Wishes. Do I have to beat that too to get the white award? Because if so I'll go ahead and do it since I'm done with all the ones I think I'm going to play (save for a Golden Axe game and maybe Dynamite Headdy).

Doing the requirements for the golden border Kirby award will also net the white border (i.e. Great Cave Offensive 60% will net both). It's too complicated for me to keep it straight otherwise since I'm doing it manually.

Doing the requirements for the golden border Kirby award will also net the white border (i.e. Great Cave Offensive 60% will net both). It's too complicated for me to keep it straight otherwise since I'm doing it manually.

Gah I beat both. D:

Oh well, was still fun lol.

Weren't the last batch of games and awards supposed to be added today?

They were but my laptop doesn't want to cooperate with Photoshop so my hands are tied until tomorrow.

Final Additions! Remember that the image topic will be locked for analysis as of the new year in the EST timezone (-5:00 relative to GMT).

3D Blastin' 2013

s3d.gif

Overcame the third dimension! (Sonic 3D Blast, Genesis/MegaDrive only)

Jump n' Slash 2013

strid.gif

Assisted Hiryu in stopping the Grandmaster's plans (Strider, Genesis/MegaDrive).

Kung-Fu Mario Gold 2013

smrpg.gif

Joined forces to defeat the evil forces of Smithy using action timed events (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, SNES) -- Including the Final Fantasy crossover encounter!

Punk Toads Gold 2013

bt_g.gif

Assisted the Battletoads in saving the day despite challenging obstacles (Any Battletoads marked game for Genesis/MegaDrive or Super Nintendo, including Double Dragon crossovers).

Sonic Hero Gold 2013

sonic.gif

Defeated Dr.Robotnik in every encounter during an entire console generation with all seven Chaos Emeralds (in games which feature the seven emeralds, or the time crystals).

The following games are required:

• Sonic 1;
  • Sonic 2 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic 3 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic CD;
  • Sonic Spinball;
  • Knuckles Chaotix

In games where more than one character are available for play, you may play as any (including additions such as Tails in CD or Knuckles in 1) as long as you collect the emeralds and provide proof that Dr.Robotnik has been defeated.

Good luck with that Battletoads award.

I´ll play Sonic Flickies Island as my last game of the year. I started Dynamite Headdy but I´m not sure if I´ll finish it in time...I wanted to play Earthworm Jim too...orz

Final Additions! Remember that the image topic will be locked for analysis as of the new year in the EST timezone (-5:00 relative to GMT).

3D Blastin' 2013

s3d.gif

Sonic Hero Gold 2013

sonic.gif

Defeated Dr.Robotnik in every encounter during an entire console generation with all seven Chaos Emeralds (in games which feature the seven emeralds, or the time crystals).

• Sonic 1;
  • Sonic 2 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic 3 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic CD;
  • Sonic Spinball;
  • Knuckles Chaotix

In games where more than one character are available for play, you may play as any (including additions such as Tails in CD or Knuckles in 1) as long as you collect the emeralds and provide proof that Dr.Robotnik has been defeated.

*looks at the latter*

tumblr_inline_mq4e2bCRpA1qz4rgp.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

3D Blastin' 2013

s3d.gif

3d Blast? Hmmmm........

news-and-events__home-alone-632.jpg

Haha, actually I like this game a lot. Challenge accepted!

Oh and Chris it's Time Stones, not Time Crystals tongue.png

3D Blastin' 2013

s3d.gif

Jump n' Slash 2013

strid.gif

Assisted Hiryu in stopping the Grandmaster's plans (Strider, Genesis/MegaDrive).

Kung-Fu Mario Gold 2013

smrpg.gif

Joined forces to defeat the evil forces of Smithy using action timed events (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, SNES) -- Including the Final Fantasy crossover encounter!

Punk Toads Gold 2013

bt_g.gif

Assisted the Battletoads in saving the day despite challenging obstacles (Any Battletoads marked game for Genesis/MegaDrive or Super Nintendo, including Double Dragon crossovers).

Sonic Hero Gold 2013

sonic.gif

• Sonic 1;
  • Sonic 2 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic 3 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic CD;
  • Sonic Spinball;
  • Knuckles Chaotix

Wait, do we have to play all those games to get the reward, or just one?