Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Awards

Chris

FFFFFFF.....Challenge accepted. I'm already done with Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic 1 is easy....that leaves Sonic 2, CD I have....shit I don't have Spinball or Chaotix.

Final Additions! Remember that the image topic will be locked for analysis as of the new year in the EST timezone (-5:00 relative to GMT).

3D Blastin' 2013

s3d.gif

Overcame the third dimension! (Sonic 3D Blast, Genesis/MegaDrive only)

Jump n' Slash 2013

strid.gif

Assisted Hiryu in stopping the Grandmaster's plans (Strider, Genesis/MegaDrive).

Kung-Fu Mario Gold 2013

smrpg.gif

Joined forces to defeat the evil forces of Smithy using action timed events (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, SNES) -- Including the Final Fantasy crossover encounter!

Punk Toads Gold 2013

bt_g.gif

Assisted the Battletoads in saving the day despite challenging obstacles (Any Battletoads marked game for Genesis/MegaDrive or Super Nintendo, including Double Dragon crossovers).

Sonic Hero Gold 2013

sonic.gif

Defeated Dr.Robotnik in every encounter during an entire console generation with all seven Chaos Emeralds (in games which feature the seven emeralds, or the time crystals).

The following games are required:

• Sonic 1;
  • Sonic 2 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic 3 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic CD;
  • Sonic Spinball;
  • Knuckles Chaotix
In games where more than one character are available for play, you may play as any (including additions such as Tails in CD or Knuckles in 1) as long as you collect the emeralds and provide proof that Dr.Robotnik has been defeated.

Spinball and Chaotix too? Fuuuck! Guess that's out of the question. Suppose I'll settle for 3D Blast and RPG.

I already got all (6) Emeralds in Sonic 1 before the gold award came out. Shit. D:

Edit: Oh wait, all of them. Yay then? Well, if I want to do the rest.

All right! Last week to squeeze a few games in! Seems that I'm gonna have to move fast if I wanna...

Final Additions! Remember that the image topic will be locked for analysis as of the new year in the EST timezone (-5:00 relative to GMT).

3D Blastin' 2013

s3d.gif

Overcame the third dimension! (Sonic 3D Blast, Genesis/MegaDrive only)

Jump n' Slash 2013

strid.gif

Assisted Hiryu in stopping the Grandmaster's plans (Strider, Genesis/MegaDrive).

Kung-Fu Mario Gold 2013

smrpg.gif

Joined forces to defeat the evil forces of Smithy using action timed events (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, SNES) -- Including the Final Fantasy crossover encounter!

Punk Toads Gold 2013

bt_g.gif

Assisted the Battletoads in saving the day despite challenging obstacles (Any Battletoads marked game for Genesis/MegaDrive or Super Nintendo, including Double Dragon crossovers).

Sonic Hero Gold 2013

sonic.gif

Defeated Dr.Robotnik in every encounter during an entire console generation with all seven Chaos Emeralds (in games which feature the seven emeralds, or the time crystals).

• Sonic 1;
  • Sonic 2 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic 3 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic CD;
  • Sonic Spinball;
  • Knuckles Chaotix

In games where more than one character are available for play, you may play as any (including additions such as Tails in CD or Knuckles in 1) as long as you collect the emeralds and provide proof that Dr.Robotnik has been defeated.

*looks at latter*

death-the-kid-faceplosion-o.gif

ALL OF THE CHAOS EMERALDS?! ALL OF THE TIME STONES?! IN ADDITION TO SONIC SPINBALL AND KNUCKLES CHAOTIX?!

...well, I can do Sonic 1's no problem. But EVERYTHING ELSE?!

tumblr_mp6rq4K3mE1r0fynoo1_500.gif

I'd probably be able to do it...eventually...

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Hero Gold 2013

sonic.gif

• Sonic 1;
  • Sonic 2 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic 3 /& Knuckles;
  • Sonic CD;
  • Sonic Spinball;
  • Knuckles Chaotix

5387-disgusting.png

Sometimes I feel Chris hates some of us for some reason, ho.

You're all fans of Sonic the fucking hedgehog

Quit complaining and EARN that motherfucking gold badge

Just the kick in the pants I needed.

ALL RIGHT SONIC 2 SPECIAL STAGES, LET'S DANCE

Welp I already 100%'d S3K for my current badge, I've just 100%'d Sonic 2, Sonic CD AND Sonic 1 because of StealthTax iOS... which means all I have left is Chaotix and Spinball. Bring it.

Oh and Chris it's Time Stones, not Time Crystals tongue.png

Oh. I'm not a keen enough player to be able to collect many Chaos Emeralds (or their equivalent gems per game) and until recently I wasn't aware the Sonic CD variety were named differently. smile.png

Yes, the Sonic award is for completing all of the listed games with all of the emeralds. Some of them are more difficult or tedious to obtain, and in Spinball's case, collecting the gems is the whole point. You [generally speaking] asked for an award for being a true Sonic fan and one is provided -- but you need to really perform to get it.

Picking and choosing games based on your preferences would defeat the entire purpose of the award.

Sadly, I don't think I'll have time to do that between IRL stuff, and completing EarthBound and Super Mario World. It doesn't help that I've never played any of those games before aside from Sonic 1 (shame on me :(). Good luck to everyone attempting it!

Edited by Frogging101

100% KSSU and Yoshi's Island GBA yesterday, didn't have a camera to take a pic of the endings with, so here's my files instead.

*images*

Wrong thread. These go :).
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wrong thread. These go smile.png.

Oh, I'm a dum-dum. It's what I get for having 2 tabs open at the same time.

Updated the main post with the remainder of the awards (as of yesterday -- nothing new today). Good luck in the final few days!

I say we should a DK trilogy gold badge but, I guess it's too late now.

For the Sonic gold, in CD do I have to get all time stones, or will just getting all good futures work too?

To get Sonic gold do have to do all the ones it said or just 5 Sonic 16 bit games?

For the Gold award you need to do all the games listed with all the Chaos Emerlads (or equivalent collectible).

To get Sonic gold do have to do all the ones it said or just 5 Sonic 16 bit games?

Sonic 1, 2, CD, 3, Spinball and Knuckles' Chaotix with all Chaos Emeralds/Time Stone/Chaos Rings in each.