Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Awards

Chris

Sounds fun, and I'd more than likely be playing and beating a classic sonic game soon anyways. I'll probably use Sonic 1. I'll have to use the emulator though since my only other way to capture it is the 360 and I really don't want to deal with my capture card's shenanigans.

One thing I would say though. What's to stop people from using things like the level select in the Sonic titles (not that I believe anyone here would)?

EDIT: Upon reflection, since it's only for screenshots I'll use the 360 and since, you know...Backbone, I'll use Ultimate Collection.

No Final Fantasy or Golden Sun

Shit now I have to actually try

EDIT: Well I got Sonic 1 and Megaman X done pretty fast, but all the others are such a chore for me ;A;

It doesn't help that the only Shinobi game I'm good at is Shinobi PS2.

Sonic should be easy, but thanks for giving me a reason to get cracking on Super Metroid and Super Mario World. If I get Zelda for Christmas, I'll do that as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Found a good reason to run through Sonic 1 again! I posted my victory screen in the dedicated topic.

I think I'll shoot for Mega Man, Mario and Zelda, too.

I suppose I could take a picture of my TV screen - it might be the best option actually, makes it more valid I think.

Post the picture to Miiverse, then head to your Miiverse page on PC and save the picture? :P

I'll happily take any excuse to play Toejam and Earl. It's also been a while since I've played Chaotix, so that's two for me so far. :]

I want to try this, probably gonna be Sonic 1/2/3&K, but I'm also eagerly awaiting what other games are going to be added.

smw.gif

Any Mario sidescrolling platformer

Uhm...Does Yoshi's Island count? I own the gba remake.

Uhm...Does Yoshi's Island count? I own the gba remake.

Yes.

I've always wanted a user award...

Does CD count?

Yes.

Quick question for "any mario sidescroller". Would any of the games on Super Mario All Stars count?

Yes.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh hell yeah. I've been meaning to play ALttP and Chrono Trigger for a while now, and this also gives me an excuse to play the first 3 Sonic and Mega Man X games again. So yeah, count me in. 

I'll give Knuckles chaotix a go(albeit via emulator)... perhaps super mario bros as well

I'm always up for some Mega Man X, though I think I'll knock out some Sonic and Super Mario World once the semester is out in a few days as well!

If you're doing the first X, does that mean I have to do X2?

That's Metroid and Sonic done, Zelda and Mario now and I'll be done unless I can be bothered to Castlevania the old games up, I'm more a fan of the newer stuffs XP

Just completed Sonic 1 android and posted my screenshot in the other topic. I played as Sonic and Tails (AI). I assume this is okay? If not, I can re-do it with Sonic alone. 

Edit: (Chris answered my question in the other topic). Thanks.

Think I'll give ToeJam & Earl a go. I've got it on PSN but not yet played it. I've only played ToeJam & Earl 2.

We would like it if you tried to get an ending legitimately (i.e. not use New Game+) but there's nothing we can really do to stop you on that front since we wouldn't know about it.

And no, the DS-exclusive ending won't count.

Well, I was going to go for either the main "perfect" ending or even just the alternate version where

you don't revive Crono

in NG+, as they require you to play the entire story, but I suppose it'd be fair for me to do a regular playthrough. I just wanted to cut down on the time since I'm pre-occupied with other things but still want to participate (I'd still do all the sidequests and everything).

EDIT: Though now that I think about, we have until New Year's, so I might be able to swing a regular playthrough.

We would like it if you tried to get an ending legitimately (i.e. not use New Game+) but there's nothing we can really do to stop you on that front since we wouldn't know about it.

And no, the DS-exclusive ending won't count.

This is honestly something that I wonder about. How would anyone know if someone used cheats?

This is honestly something that I wonder about. How would anyone know if someone used cheats?

Code of honor, I suppose.

Still, I don't see why anyone would want to cheat their way through a good game.

• Thumbs Up 1