Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Awards

Chris

Dang, too bad I hadn't taken screen shots of these previously, because I've beaten over half of these games before ^^; Would likely have to use  emulators to get a decent photo though. I could take a picture with my camera on my Iphone, but wont be great quality picture, but could still work. I could do several of these pretty quickly. A chance to finally get some awards.

This is pretty cool; I'll definitely be attempting some of these (time and energy permitting). But will this not cause massive lists of badges in profiles and such? (Seeing how there are so many)

Code of honor, I suppose.

Still, I don't see why anyone would want to cheat their way through a good game.

Well, I mean, someone could also just go to Google images too.

Mega_Man_X_Ending1.png

There's the ending to Mega Man X. All I'd have to do is save it and upload it to Photobucket.

4NSXYIY.jpg

I really do apologize that it isn't really that clear to tell if I beat it today or not but I couldn't turn on my phone in time whilst the end cut-scene was playing. The second file was when I was trying to beat it again to get better proof but I gave up and thought the picture would have to do.

*image*

I really do apologize that it isn't really that clear to tell if I beat it today or not but I couldn't turn on my phone in time whilst the end cut-scene was playing. The second file was when I was trying to beat it again to get better proof but I gave up and thought the picture would have to do.

I think you're supposed to post the proof images in the smile.png.

Would Megaman Maverick Hunter X be fine? The only difference that the items and upgrades are placed differently.

Well, I mean, someone could also just go to Google images too.

Mega_Man_X_Ending1.png

There's the ending to Mega Man X. All I'd have to do is save it and upload it to Photobucket.

Then why not simply have someone submit an unedited screenshot of their entire computer with the finished game in the emulator, desktop and everything? I doubt anyone is going to go through the trouble of submitting a Photoshop collage they had to create in order do to prove it was real.

Then why not simply have someone submit an unedited screenshot of their entire computer with the finished game in the emulator, desktop and everything? I doubt anyone is going to go through the trouble of submitting a Photoshop collage they had to create in order do to prove it was real.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but what you suggested in the first sentence sounds reasonable to me.

xP I'm not being sarcastic; that's a genuine suggestion. If we're worried about someone taking screenshots from Google, then we can simply have them submit unedited screenshots of their entire screen.

but I don't play ROM's in window mode, I play full screen :/

Toggle out of full screen mode when you get to the end.

Edited by Nepen-The Other Reindeer
  • Thumbs Up 2

but I don't play ROM's in window mode, I play full screen :/

That's fine, you could go out of fullscreen just for the screenshot (if this was how it's being done).

EDIT: And then I got ninja'd by Nepenthe.

Edited by Frogging101

You could always just have cell phone pictures instead. You obviously can't have faked a cell phone picture, so making they wont be great quality, but cell phone pictures of computer screens or tv screens if have the real game would almost always be able to be seen as the real thing I would think of at least.

Also yes, if some of us start completing quite a number of these games, there will be batch clutter quite quickly. Maybe there should be special badges for like if you complete five or half of them and then another special one if you complete them all or more and such to lower the sudden blast of so many at once?

Fair enough, but I'm not going all the way through Metroid again to capture the full screen of my desktop when I've just done it this morning, that one will have to slide and I'll do it for the rest of the games.

You could always just have cell phone pictures instead. You obviously can't have faked a cell phone picture, so making they wont be great quality, but cell phone pictures of computer screens or tv screens if have the real game would almost always be able to be seen as the real thing I would think of at least.

Already explained this in the photo topic, that I couldn't capture a phone photo of Super Metroid's ending because of the screen glare and my reflection showing on the black space background, so I resorted to a screenshot only.

just press PrtSc on your keyboard and paste it into paint, that should be fine.

Pro tip: You can also copy and paste the image directly into Imgur (skipping MSpaint). Very useful feature smile.png

The description of the Shinobi award...

Proved your superiority over both bats and spiders during the Holiday 2013 event.

Anyone here get that reference... because I do.

• Thumbs Up 2

The description of the Shinobi award...

Anyone here get that reference... because I do.

I dooooo

I want it but.. I can't be fucked to do any other Shinobi besides the PS2 one because I suck at them. :3

Time to wait until saturday.

AndthenrushmyassoffbecauseIcan'tplayuntilteusdayduetofinals

any chance of StarFox Snes/64 being added to this list?

Anything is possible.

With enough luck this will last through the month.

• Thumbs Up 1

any chance of StarFox Snes/64 being added to this list?

I have a lot up my sleeves. ^_^

I was going to wait until Saturday and add a bunch, but that has the potential to make it a bit stressful for some members; going to start adding them at a gradual pace instead which may or may not be one per console per day for this week. My primary intent is to add a healthy amount of alternatives but to not provide all games which are very simple to complete - there are a few this week that are incredibly tricky games.

bb.gif kdl.gif

Bonanza Bros (Pyramid) on the MegaDrive and Kirby's Dreamland 3/Super Star. DL3 is for the final boss after Dedede and SS is for Milky Way Wishes.

• Thumbs Up 1