Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Awards

Chris

For the Mega Man one, what if I have the PSP remake? X's playthrough is virtually identical, just prettied up and with new music. 

The PSP remake is hardly "virtually the same". It's dumbed down in the difficulty beyond belief. Final Sigma can't even touch you with the glaring blindspot behind his hands.

In fact it was so dumbed down that they had to add hard mode for there to be some challenge.

• Thumbs Up 1

For the Mega Man one, what if I have the PSP remake? X's playthrough is virtually identical, just prettied up and with new music. 

Yeah, sorry, but the PSP one is not a faithful adaptation at all, from what I know.  So I don't think it counts.

Is the GBA version of Yoshi's Island a viable option if I don't do any of the GBA-only stages?

They already told me that it is okay. So, yes, go visit Yoshi's Island and enjoy its mild climate.

• Thumbs Up 1

I got a question: Since emulators have net play; Is it OK if I do a coop playthrough of a game with another member? 

Wait I know you said "Any mario platformer" on snes, does this include super mario all stars as it is a collection of all the nes mario games, however they are on snes and a mario platformer?

I asked before, but just needed clarification, Can the original Game boy version of Kirby's dream land count?

I asked before, but just needed clarification, Can the original Game boy version of Kirby's dream land count?

As far as I can gather, only Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Dream Land 3, both SNES games, count.

I just thought of something…if somebody went on the internet and just pulled a picture of the last screen of the game, would they be cheating? I didn't do that, I just thought that the rules should be a little bit more clarified.

I just thought of something…if somebody went on the internet and just pulled a picture of the last screen of the game, would they be cheating? I didn't do that, I just thought that the rules should be a little bit more clarified.

I believe Tornado talk about that.

It's been noted earlier in the thread that we're going based on the honor code on this.

I don't think any of us are going to just fake beating a game for some silly little forum badge.

jesus christ it's a little bit of fun for the community, yet everyone is taking it so seriously, if you cheat you're just a piece of shit anyway.

Not like the badges amount to anything important, just a cool little extra for people who are frequently involved in the community.

• Thumbs Up 7

I would hope people would adhere to the honor code. I know I am. For the most part, I'm taking the pictures with my phone of the real game on my tv screen, so as to double show that I am playing the real physical game. Most people are honest. It is just that small percent of dishonest people that always get all the attention, because they can ruin things for everyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would hope people would adhere to the honor code. I know I am. For the most part, I'm taking the pictures with my phone of the real game on my tv screen, so as to double show that I am playing the real physical game. Most people are honest. It is just that small percent of dishonest people that always get all the attention, because they can ruin things for everyone else.

So far I have only done it via emulator, so I just take a complete screenshot XD that usualy proves it

Sure everyone participating has some dignity, and it's all just for fun in the end. 

Anyways, my first time getting involved with the SSMB community for something, and looking forward to participating in more fun things in the future (that is if I'm qualified for them).

Y'know, I'd love to see some handheld gaming love around here. Are badges for GB/GBC/Game Gear games in the cards?

I know a certain bellydancing half-genie who might be a good pick if that ends up being a thing.

Wait I know you said "Any mario platformer" on snes, does this include super mario all stars as it is a collection of all the nes mario games, however they are on snes and a mario platformer?

Yes it does. It also includes the GBA ports of those SNES remakes.

Embodiment of Rage 2013

sor.gif

Complete a Streets of Rage series instalment on the SEGA Megadrive/Genesis.

---

Monkeys Aren't Donkeys 2013

dkc.gif

Complete a Donkey Kong Country instalment on the SNES (or GBA port) under normal means (no DK coins).

---

Monkeying Around Gold 2013

dkc_g.gif

Land the finishing blow on K.Rool under special circumstances in DKC2 (102%) or DKC3 (105%) [GBA ports apply].

• Thumbs Up 4

Embodiment of Rage 2013

sor.gif

Complete a Streets of Rage series instalment on the SEGA Megadrive/Genesis.

---

Monkeys Aren't Donkeys 2013

dkc.gif

Complete a Donkey Kong Country instalment on the SNES (or GBA port) under normal means (no DK coins).

---

Monkeying Around Gold 2013

dkc_g.gif

Land the finishing blow on K.Rool under special circumstances in DKC2 (102%) or DKC3 (105%) [GBA ports apply].

I was going to ask if all 3 DKC games could be added but I see you already did. :D

You mean I can run a classic gaming marathon and I get a cool badge for doing it?

I am so in!

Also, I remember I could never beat some of these games without savestates and I haven't touched them since (Read: Ristar), this will be a good chance to give them another spin and try to beat them the legit way (I'm probably not going for Ristar tho, that final boss is a paaaaaiiin).

Actually, this will also be a good chance to try games I've never played before (bonanza bros, Kirby, Zelda and Chrono Trigger).

LES DO DIZ!

Updated the main post in the topic to be a bit more informative. Still trying to figure out how to relay the information about each award without making it really cluttered.