Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Awards

Chris

>one of the gold rewards qualifiers is The Great Cave Offensive

Oh, hey, fancy that, I already have a 100% save of The Great Cave Offensive. My SNES gaming binge from earlier this year is kinda paying off after all, it seems. I'll grab a screenshot later, since I need some damn sleep right now.

Cool idea, not sure how much I can make it through with my gaming backlog (don't like too many games on the go at one time), but I'll be sure to do a couple.

Super Mario Advance 4, AKA Super Mario Bros 3 (All Stars Version) AKA the greatest damn game of all time.

[image]

Keyboard controls made it damn tricky though.

Wrong topic.  Post it in ^^;

Question: I finished MegaMan X countless of times. Is it ok if , just this once, I use a password to have all the power-ups from the beginning?

I'm playing Ristar for the holiday challenge. I've never played it before. I like it. The gameplay is easy to pick up, the levels look nice and it has decent music.

Would be really cool if either 'Dynamite Headdy' or 'Decap Attack Starring Chuck D Head' were added to the Genesis games list.

Question: I finished MegaMan X countless of times. Is it ok if , just this once, I use a password to have all the power-ups from the beginning?

The point here is to play the games from start to finish, so no.

Not that we can do anything to stop you.

• Thumbs Up 1

The point here is to play the games from start to finish, so no.

Not that we can do anything to stop you.

Fine. I was just checking the rules.

Quick question,Could I beat Toejam and Earl Panic on Funkotron, or does it specifically have to be the first one?

Quick question,Could I beat Toejam and Earl Panic on Funkotron, or does it specifically have to be the first one?

The second one counts as well, though the award itself is referencing only the original.

So I suggested a game/challenge to this thing... .. ... I can't wait until you guys see what game it is...

/Evil genius laughter.

Does Sonic 3 & Knuckles count? I just finished it but I don't see it on the list (only Sonic 3 standalone).

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like fun :); got the Sega Genesis Collection for Vita (PSP game) a few weeks ago so blasting through Sonic 1 and 2 sounds like a great way to end the year. Is the PSP versions of Sonic 1 and 2 on the Sega Genesis Collection good for this event?

Sounds like fun smile.png; got the Sega Genesis Collection for Vita (PSP game) a few weeks ago so blasting through Sonic 1 and 2 sounds like a great way to end the year. Is the PSP versions of Sonic 1 and 2 on the Sega Genesis Collection good for this event?

As long as it is a faithful port then yes, all ports are okay.

I've bagged Sonic and Zelda, gonna go for Super Mario World and Kirby Super Star, then I think that's all from me unless I get really bored and feel up for Castlevania and Mega Man.

Just to clarify... I assume Super Star Ultra doesn't count considering it's not just a port but rather a near-entire remake?

Just to clarify... I assume Super Star Ultra doesn't count considering it's not just a port but rather a near-entire remake?

It's pretty faithful to the source material so it's fine.

Heroes of Oedo 2013

goe.gif

Defeat the evil spirits in the first world of the first Ganbare Goemon game on the SNES (also known as The Legend of the Mystical Ninja in North America).

Rages to Riches 2013

al.gif

Defeat Jafar in either the MegaDrive or SNES version of Aladdin. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 2

It's pretty faithful to the source material so it's fine.

Heroes of Oedo 2013

goe.gif

Defeat the evil spirits in the first world of the first Ganbare Goemon game on the SNES (also known as The Legend of the Mystical Ninja in North America).

Rages to Riches 2013

al.gif

Defeat Jafar in either the MegaDrive or SNES version of Aladdin. smile.png

Now if only we could get the x-men and Home improvement games added(oh and eternal champion)

Another question, can I play any of the Genesis sequels for the Shinobi badge? (it seems like the original was actually an Arcade/Master System title)

Another question, can I play any of the Genesis sequels for the Shinobi badge? (it seems like the original was actually an Arcade/Master System title)

think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) as long as they follow the same format in terms of gameplay and were originally released for either SNES or Genesis, then it's fair game. :)

Not that I don't appreciate this awesome thing you're doing for the Holiday season Chris, but will we ever get games that span outside of SNES/Megadrive territory? Like N64/Dreamcast/Saturn?

I'm also severely disappointed if you don't add a Turtles in Time challenge to the SNES section :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Not that I don't appreciate this awesome thing you're doing for the Holiday season Chris, but will we ever get games that span outside of SNES/Megadrive territory? Like N64/Dreamcast/Saturn?

I'm also severely disappointed if you don't add a Turtles in Time challenge to the SNES section tongue.png

I would second this, but then again, I have been unable to finish either Bug! or Clockwork Knight.... Banjo tooie, and Banjo Kazooie, and Super mario 64 are totaly different matters

And perhaps you should add Home Improvement

Non-SNES/Genesis games are not going to be part of this event.

• Thumbs Up 1

Adding games outside the snes and genesis era would likely increase the length of time it takes to complete the games as well. There are some lengthy games in this list at the moment, but when you start getting slightly more modern, the length of the games do sometimes increase as well, meaning more effort on people's part to complete them.