Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Eligibility Photos

Chris

Marathon'd this fucker.

Okay, time to experiment with capturing a screenshot off my TV.

537b.png

...Okay I need to tune this thing to be sharper and larger.

I have two to hand in, if that's okay with you. (I was planning to do them on the traditional telly, but unfortunately I didn't have any decent cameras on my person, so emulator it was, to which I then decided to go through the Sonic 3 Complete version instead, because why not.)

Ristar:

RistarEnding_zps60f528ec.jpg

I had to take that particular shot. Love the colours, hoho.

Sonic 3 Complete:

Sonic3CompleteEnding_zps3ef3fc1f.jpg

You didn't think I was going to use Sonic, did you? No, Tails and his Super Flickies saved the day, mofo.

...What? What do you mean I'm technologically behind?

Zombies Ate My Neighbours has taken me virtually all day.

zombies11.png

zombies31.png

I really don't think I can get much further, god damn is this game hard. As you can see, I was resorting to GameFAQs for help near the end.

Zombies Ate My Neighbours has taken me virtually all day.

zombies11.png

zombies31.png

I really don't think I can get much further, god damn is this game hard. As you can see, I was resorting to GameFAQs for help near the end.

Two player really takes the load off a bit :P

2013, not playing as best turtle.

iAJKWS9ddcWSn.png

Also best score (seriously, I always go into Super Shred with 0 lives and lose my 600+ score. Normal mode, of course. No Konami code.)

iVcXj9TZ2nYAh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

This will probably be my last entry, unless the Christmas Day Challenge is all manner of epicness. I give you, Gunstar Heroes.

gunstar.jpg

I downloaded this on the Wii a few years ago, pretty much because of the love the game got on the SSMB in general. You're not wrong, SSMB. You're not wrong.

the next games I finished would be, Sonic 3&K, Earthbound and Killer Instinct

4wpeGfs.png

jeAjIlg.png

MlLDxDw.png

Eyedol is a Bitch

OK, so I've just beaten the MegaDrive ROM of Sonic & Knuckles in the Gens Emulator for the umpteenth time. Man, I can never get enough of that one. It's like cocaine or marijuana or beer or something.

I never thought that such a mundane indulgence would be worthy of an award.

Here ya go:

mebeatingsonicampknuckles_zps4b8926c7.pn

Beat Megaman 7. Seemed a bit harder at the start because the X games had slightly different mechanics.

72HOE0t.png

7eNZcLY.png

1HyArpq.png

Megaman is a psychopath.

• Thumbs Up 5

Thought I'd get in on this.

I'd been needing to complete the original 3 sonic games on the 360. Thought I'd do Sonic 2:

4uzn.jpg

jwk8.jpg

ff6d.jpg

So SSMB member Lucky is over at my house and we decided to try a few of these awards that allowed for two players, and sure enough theres a couple.

So first up is Streets of Rage 3. I already have the Streets of Rage award but Lucky does not. So I agreed to play through SOR 3 to one of the endings... and we got this one.

MfZSsed.png

I'm Axel, Lucky is Roo because we decided we wanted to unlock Roo.

sWwfURp.png

Oh what a lovely ending. Lovely because it's almost completely ripped off from Streets of Rage 2! No really! The only difference is the guy whose on the floor.

Up next was Golden Axe.

We decided to go for the arcade version since we actually saw a Golden Axe arcade machine the other day and wondered if we could do the challenge on it, unfortunately the bad weather meant we'd rather go to the travelodge and get dry instead.

So here is the PS3 port of Golden Axe arcade. And we both bested it.

tk4LqkT.png

I'm Axe Batter, and Lucky is the urm... ... ... red fire lady who has lost her clothes.

U7IMvfQ.png

And our results.

yB2hmiU.png

Children if you're reading this, in my day we didn't have online multiplayer. We took our consoles around to our friends houses! We had to buy TWO joypads! We considered ourselves lucky, AND WE WERE!

So yeah, awards for me and Lucky please.

• Thumbs Up 1

Zelda Link to the Past, conquered.

lnmgWxc.png

Well I saved this game for last since it seemed like it'd be the most daunting of them all. I haven't played this game since 2009 and I had just played it for the first time when I found its GBA port. Awesome game, I had forgotten just how good it was, looking back on it, some of the dungeons do seem a bit simple, but others feel complex (fucking Ganon's Castle), the world map is really not that large looking back at it, it takes very little time for me to get from one end to the other and I'm really too fond of it for some reason but it's not too bad. I remember struggling the last time I played it, but this time I didn't really have too much of a hard time. I beat Moldarch without falling, I got through Ice Palace and Turtle Rock pretty easily, hell the only thing I really stuggled with was find a few items such as the medallions, and Ganon's Castle. Over all though I really love this game (and can't wait for Link Between Worlds tomorrow!) and I really don't know how high to put it on my list... pretty damn high though.

I may or may not do Starfox or something next... and unless I see another game that really interests me *coughsupermariorpgcough* added or another gold challenge for completing a certain trilogy or something, I think I'm gonna wrap it up for this contest. It sure was fun, I needed an excuse to replay some of these gems.

OQ6OMtsl.jpg

FUCK YEAH FINALLY GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU GREEDY PILE OF SHIT I HOPE YOU DIE OH WAIT YOU DID BECAUSE I FUCKING KILLED YOU.  I WIN.  MY WIN.  AKITO WINS. SILVER WINS.  SONIC WINS.  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-

Oh, um...

*ahem*

I beat Ristar.

• Thumbs Up 3

*collapses* I did it....Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage for SNES. It's over. Really fun game but the bosses are cheap.

eh0PZCE.png

Wait, no. I'm sorry, the game is apparently called "Spider-Man™ Venom™ Maximum Carnage™"

• Thumbs Up 1

So much frustration, but I completed my childhood game SMB3 at last, oh and rocket knight adventures. I went through both games with out using savestates up until the end. The Stage 6 boss in particular was rediculous. Stage 7 just OMG!!!

As for SMB3, I savestated after the first tank level considering I made it there on a nes like 12 years ago, but never past that level I feel I accomplished what could've been considered the impossible.

11539136194_0a2a83a95f_o.png

Star Fox Conquered

RRGnFig.png

I figured, why the hell not? I've never played the original Star Fox so I might as well do it now for the award and it may be a pretty short game. Sure enough it was short and it was clearly a tech demo of the N64 version which should have been left as a tech demo and not an official game release. Story is exactly the same as 64's and it's just... how the hell did people ever consider this game playable, much less good even by the standards of those days? This game was fucking terrible and boring. Can't say it's just because gaming standards have changed either because I played Link to the Past for the first time around 2007, and I played Super Metroid for the first time in 2012 and I fucking loved both of those games. Well whatever, I can finally say I've played all Star Fox games, and I have no desire to ever play this one again nor the unreleased Star Fox 2. 

Ok, I guess now I call it quits for this contest. It's christmas and Link Between Worlds is calling!