Awoo.

Holiday Gaming Eligibility Photos

Chris

SuperCastlevaniaIVUSA002_zpsb0b985d0.png

MegamanXUSA001_zpsb1b97a4d.png

DonkeyKongCountry2-DiddysKongQuestUSAEnF

I think this is the first time I went for the true ending, since I never had an SNES as a kid and always played it at my cousin's house.

StarFoxUSA002_zpscf2f1698.png

I really forgot how much better 64 was compared to this. Usually I only played it with broken controllers, so I always blamed them for that. Lack of Lock-On was pretty annoying.

DSC00778_zps0aad4dd8.jpg

Gradius III has been conquered. The final boss... Was depressingly easy. Seriously, such a simple and easy attack pattern, and that's it?

CIII_1.jpg

CIII_2.jpg

CIII_3.jpg

CIII_4.jpg

Nooooooo thank you. Normal mode was painful enough.

-snip-

Not to be a buzzkill but you should really include your desktop or the SSMB in your screenshots and not just dump a large amount of screencaps of just the game without saying anything, really makes it look like you've just grabbed them from the internet and dump posted them here?

The point is you could have done that, and included your desktop/SSMB too just to further validate your efforts, less common or not.

He could have, but it's not exactly necessary.  We're not looking for hard evidence here.  We just want you guys to have fun playing video games and getting a nifty little badge to show for it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Nevertheless, I added some text to the post. I didn't at first since my internet has been spotty and I wanted to get them up this time so they'd be on time.

I'm not seeing the issue here. I mean, most of us are using emulators and it's far more convenient to not use alt+printscreen (I only used it for the SNES games because Higan doesn't support native screenshots). All my genesis stuff(save for Sonic) is screencaps.

Sonic 3D Blast Conquered 

DebbQdQ.png

Bad ending but meh. Stupid Sega emulator causes the screen to go black and white whenever I click outside of it. I was hoping I'd never have to play this game again, but then up comes the award. Not much to say except it still bores me.

Sonic gold you're next...

Sonic 3D Blast completed. Finally! Never touching this game again, except first 2 zones :P I'm thinking about going for that Sonic Gold challenge. But New Year is coming... Must hurry! "Tails, Knuckles, give it all you got, full speed ahead!" :)

3ugv.png

mski.png

ALRIGHT. I'M HERE FOR THE GOLD. I got here quite fast thanks to SEGA's holiday sale where I picked up Sonic 1 and Sonic CD for 69p each and got to play them each over again. I bought Sonic 2 when it came out (hence the multiple save files), Sonic 3 and Knuckles I completed for my first award... and then Spinball and Chaotix happened. *shudder*

Sonic the Hedgehog (iOS)

http://i.imgur.com/spHLik2.png

http://i.imgur.com/oF8d6xU.png

http://i.imgur.com/ynmXGKM.png

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (iOS)

http://i.imgur.com/MtTIAAY.png

http://i.imgur.com/Q0aTB8R.png

http://i.imgur.com/G2EsyvA.png

But was it all worth it in the end? Truly? 

Can I do Sonic1 on master system? Sonic1 genesis isn't working on Ssega.

I'm afraid not.  As I mentioned in the other topic, this contest is specifically for Genesis and SNES titles.  The 8-bit versions of Sonic 1 deviate far too much from the 16-bit versions to be a valid and fair entry.

Sonic 1, emulated on PC as a port on Sega CD that allows me to listen to Project Flash as I play the game. :P

balls_by_flash__light-d6zqtmt.png?token=Eggman, with his two gems.

Beat Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World as well; I hope you appreciate the Year of Luigi.

34_by_flash__light-d6zqviq.png?token=32c

Not pictured: 34 lives. :P

This is for the Sonic 2013 Gold award:

Sonic CD (android): Sonic playthrough.

Rfe2Fz1.png

L0Jph3y.png

Sonic 1 (android): Knuckles playthrough

qTezj5g.png

KKCAPNP.png

lVuQZEN.png

Sonic 2 (android): Sonic (alone) playthrough

8mo3Ifw.png

WWJwglq.png

Sonic Spinball (PS3)

cFcodB7.png

vSJO5hP.png

rWCvvgk.png

Knuckles Chaotix (emulation) Knuckles & Mighty playthrough

c3ta8ik.png

7HOn7s9.png

Sonic 3&K (Sonic 3 Complete hack) Sonic & Tails playthrough

aqzjbDT.png

5z6salB.png

24xtHGC.png

A really fun challenge.

Sonic Hero gold pics right here.

Sonic 1 StealthTax

P5aPvsz.png

HxntOk5.png

The grow flowers? Fuckin' emeralds, how do they work?

Sonic 2 StealTax

baBBFHf.jpg

Already did it for my basic sonic badge.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

IkWAjl6.png

All 14 emeralds ending screen. Stupid emulator going black and white when I click away

Sonic CD StealthTax

tPqN2o6.jpg

Played from my 360, all time stones

wGRpZik.png

You're too cool! I know.

Sonic Spinball

ykVbIzB.png

In all its black and whiteness

Knuckles' Choatix

0v1H8Yi.png

The black and white choas rings ending. I still don't know what the hell they were for.

And there we go! I've never done this before in one go so as far as I'm concerned, I'm burned out for classic sonic for a good while now. S3K is still the most well crafted game in the series.

Now for Mario RPG

I said challenge accepted...

And now I say challenge accomplished.

Sonic the Hedgehog (via iOS)

dq4LxXx.png

INl7qGw.png

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (via iOS)

2wPQRoZ.png

x4x6DbA.png

Sonic the Hedgehog CD (via PS3)

IoIf6gu.jpg

aPmyJwV.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (via emulation)

lykphuQ.png

PhJubTA.png

Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball (via emulation)

tbJDozC.png

5CPx7Ae.png

Knuckles' Chaotix (via emulation)

f1TVqYW.png

HEuoEtJ.png

...Now, if you'll excuse me...

tumblr_lk6j8jAhnv1qixleeo1_400.gif

NEVER. AGAIN.

• Thumbs Up 5

I’m baaack! I decided to tackle Donkey Kong Country 2 this time. A lot of people seem to be using this one over DKC3 for their gold badge, I noticed. I was just in more of a DKC2 mood at the time.

vAYwrIe.jpg?1

Kidnap Donkey Kong, will you? Let’s see how you like it after I blow up Crocodile Isle!

7iodUo5.jpg?1

Ahh, back when Nintendo and Sega would make subtle jabs at each other in their games. Funny how times have changed.

Ugh... What is life?

~Sonic Hero Gold 2013~

All EmeraldsE2e5plr.png

Sonic 1 Beat GFitMrv.png

All Emeralds Sonic 2 

seQfrev.png

Sonic 2 Beat, again.

k24Vb90.png

Sonic 3 & K beaten, with both emeralds and Super Emeralds - Hyper Sonic 

ioE1nHV.png

Sonic CD all Time Stones, Japanese version.

IFZGuVN.png

Sonic CD Good ending achieved! 

CvcXDx3.png

I'm too Cool!

ttZHqlI.png

Sonic Spinball all time stones collected and Eggman beaten...

kp21pKE.png

Sonic is Saved by Tails as Eggman falls into the ocean!

dWfLPst.png

And finally beat Knuckles Chaotix 

iez06kJ.png

Seriously kill me, I've been playing emulated video games all over Christmas and boxing day... What the hell is wrong with me?

Gold award now pls.

Also decided to tackle Sonic 3D Blast... Never again.

KxuTxvm.png

PJiFmiE.png 

And I even went and beat Super Mario RPG since I've actually been playing through it during the start of December!

c7liGXL.png

gLeoTlm.png

Culex beaten! He's seriously super hard...

fuFHB5N.png

At least he's not a sore loser, and he's actually pretty awesome!

OJiYFfB.png

• Thumbs Up 2

If Master Splinter thinks that I'm not a true ninja then he needs to get off his lazy ass, come out of his damn sewer, and do all of the hard work by himself instead of being a whiney ungrateful brat who relies on a team of 4 to do everything for him and solve all of his problems while he just hides and eats sushi.

That bastard rat! And he actually expects to be respected?!

*Eating pizza*

*BELCH!*

P.S.: Seriously, he reminds me so much of Obi-Wan Kenobi who always deserves to be slapped.

mebeatingturtles-01_zps583856f1.png

mebeatingturtles-02_zps4cb4f5da.png

Oho, you sprang up this Sonic Gold challenge while I'm on vacation from my computer, huh?

1zfpikz.jpg

Not cool. As far as I know, its not possible to emulate the 32X on a tablet device. I'll still shoot for S3&K and Sonic CD, but Chaotix can screw right off.

Went for the Mario RPG badge. *Clears throat*

Once upon a time in a kingdom full of light, seven wishing stars were shining full and bright.

But a force of darkness sent them down. A weaponeer named Smithy had come to town.

He commandeered the castle of a brutish king, which then attracted Mario to do his hero thing.

With four other heroes by his side, there was not a place that the stars could hide.

20131229_084959_zps007fbbc9.jpg

20131229_062846_zpsd1a8981f.jpg

20131229_061712_zps71409485.jpg

20131229_061803_zpsb9f48788.jpg

No force could stop them. Not Smithy, Jinx, or Culex. When trouble came calling, their heroic muscles would flex.

Soon, all seven were gathered and returned to the skies. This soon led to Smithy's demise.

20131229_085608_zpsc143d50e.jpg

Star wishes had returned to the kingdom of shrooms and the fireworks went off with a big loud boom.

20131229_090321_zps061b5312.jpg

Thank you. Also...

20131229_085630_zps2b792b0b.jpg

Year of Luigi represent!

• Thumbs Up 2

Completed Sonic 2.  I'd also got all the Chaos Emeralds (not like it matters since I've no intention of going for the gold at this point partially because I don't have the time and partially because I don't know how to get a copy of Knuckles Chaotix) but I missed the shot of Super Sonic.

ZhHBUmA.jpg