Awoo.

Cex store opens heart to man who got scammed on eBay

Big Panda

This is an excellent bit of publicity for CeX but I think the guy himself was an idiot. He bought it even though the listing said it was a photo, he said it was for his 4 year old son (meaning he had a kid at 15) yet he has posted photos on his Twitter feed of games he has bought including Dead Rising 3 and he had already got a refund off eBay.

So he has his money back and was rewarded a free console because he was stupid.

• Thumbs Up 9

Anyone else think that console could very well have been given to something like a children's ward in a hospital instead of, you know, a dumbass?

If the guy is as geniuine as he claims to be he should donate the RRP of the console to charity.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a very nice gesture and all, but honestly, I just can't help but feel it was kinda wasted on someone who did such a stupid thing like that in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2

This pisses me off beyond belief, he didn't deserve this at all, it was his error and all this fucking article proves is society rewards stupidity.

For goodness' sake, they didn't give the man a mansion or anything. A company gave a man a product he was conned out of, either by his own stupidity or otherwise. The guy doesn't need to be a saint for that to be a nice gesture.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm in no way pissed with Cex, Cex are an awesome company man, so friendly and funny most of the time I drop in, I can literally just have a chat on about business and what games they've been playing.

But this stupid idiot didn't deserve this at all, especially since he apparently got a full refund for this anyway, just using the press as a means for sympathy, ugh.

• Thumbs Up 4

He also used his kid as a sympathy card. He said it was for his son's Christmas present yet he has already been playing Dead Rising on it himself.

I agree with pretty muc everyone else. While it's nice of Cex and all, the guy doesn't deserve it at all. Not only did he admit to reading in the product description that it was a photo, he got a full refund from ebay.

It's hard to even find fault with the ebay seller, there's nothing illegal with charging that ammount of money for a photo, and it was clear in the description that it was just a photo they were selling.

So now both ebay and cex are down £450 each while this fuckbucket has £450 and an XBone.....bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I heard about this dumb shit. Really lacking intelligence this guy, shame that it got wasted on him.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, this guy doesn't fucking deserve this one bit. It's his own fault for not checking the description, checking customer feedback and actually being 100% aware of everything before his purchase, CeX had no need at all to give him this. Just shows how people can sometimes be overly generous.

0 sympathy from me.

Just wanna point out one thing: kids tend to become a lot more tech-savvy at a younger age these days (heck I remember playing on my cousins PSone when I was roughly 4 and thinking how cool it would be to have one of my own).

Whether that part of the article is true or not, it's still plausible.

PS4 Get Master-Plan: Do not accidentally post on SSMB.

Step 1: Find a friend to make a listing on ebay like this.

Step 2: Pay £350 for a photo of a PS4.

Step 3: Sell the story to the news.

Step 4: Get a refund from ebay.

Step 5: Wait for CEX to give me a free PS4.

Step 6: Send £125 to my friend for the help!

Step 7: ???

Step 8: Profit!

I see 4 year olds online all the time in Call of Duty so I'm not sure why we're trying to act surprised. rolleyes.gif

He bought an item that clearly said it was a photo

and he says he wanted to get an XBOX One for his 4 year old son

and he's 19

1384130110158.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I swear he never even deserved to get his money back, he has a small child to look after it's time for him to learn he can't be stupid with his money. Ridiculous

I swear he never even deserved to get his money back, he has a small child to look after it's time for him to learn he can't be stupid with his money. Ridiculous

I wouldn't go that far.  There is a point you can be at financially speaking where you CAN afford a new console but not be able to afford to buy a second one if the first one was a scam.

At this point I think it's the young Dad doing all of the scamming. He didn't deserve the refund or a free console for being stupid enough to not read what he's buying. It even said 'Photo' in the bloody title.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not even that. He DID read what he was buying. Apparently he 'saw that it said it was a photo but was categorised under 'consoles' so he thought he'd take a chance on it'.