Awoo.

Rinzler

Titanfall is an upcoming sci-fi multiplayer only shooter where players control humans and giant mechs called Titans.

In all honesty this is my most hyped next(current?)-gen game, if only for the fact that it looks to be something unique and different instead of piggybacking off of last-gen. I'm not particularly bothered by lack of SP either since most of the time and effort in an fps go towards MP anyway.

Plus Mechs are awesome.

• Thumbs Up 4

I am quite hyped to play this on PC, but I am worried that I won't be able to run it well enough. I'm only on a Quad Core processor, 4 gigs DDR3 RAM and a Nivida GeForce 150 graphics card after all. To run PlanetSide 2 I have to dial down every setting to the absolute lowest and even then I still only get around 30 FPS with drops further if action gets chaotic, so I'm very worried that I won't be able to run this well. 

I am quite hyped to play this on PC, but I am worried that I won't be able to run it well enough. I'm only on a Quad Core processor, 4 gigs DDR3 RAM and a Nivida GeForce 150 graphics card after all.

Runs on a modified Source Engine.

I'm sure you'll be fine...

Runs on a modified Source Engine.

I'm sure you'll be fine...

I suppose they built the game with the 360 version also in mind and therefore they didn't think too hard about making the game next-gen graphically intensive, yes?

I suppose they built the game with the 360 version also in mind and therefore they didn't think too hard about making the game next-gen graphically intensive, yes?

The 360 version would indeed be the limiting factor.

The game, doesn't look too visually demanding anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Disappointed in the lack of single player, but I'm still very interested in the game. It looks a lot of fun. Hopefully I can get an Xbox One with the game some time next year. Otherwise I'll have to pick up the Xbox 360 version. 

You missed these videos. Another thing which was actually a good thing from the crappy event known as the VGX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIvf-FVB6hc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51NlJ9Tl7DM

This is probably the only reason why I would've gotten an Xbox One instead of a PS4. Yes, I have a decently beefy PC (i7 3770K, 16GB of RAM, GTX 670 FTW) so it should handle this game with ease, but I've NEVER played with a keyboard and mouse in my life...so.

Oh well, there's always Titanfall 2 =\

• Thumbs Up 1

You missed these videos. Another thing which was actually a good thing from the crappy event known as the VGX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIvf-FVB6hc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51NlJ9Tl7DM

This is probably the only reason why I would've gotten an Xbox One instead of a PS4. Yes, I have a decently beefy PC (i7 3770K, 16GB of RAM, GTX 670 FTW) so it should handle this game with ease, but I've NEVER played with a keyboard and mouse in my life...so.

Oh well, there's always Titanfall 2 =\

Whhaaaaat? why do you have such a hardcore gaming PC if you've never played with keyboard and mouse!? I'm sure you can learn it pretty quickly, it's not that hard coming from console nudgesticks.

Pretty sure the Source engine has controller support, anyway.

Oh, one thing I was wondering, this is running on Source so you'd presume Steam would be involved, but it's published by EA so it's origin exclusive. So weird.

Maybe it'll come to both services?

If it's not coming to Steam, I'm afraid I'll have to buy the 360 version (which will probably lose it's player base quicker then the other versions as the 360 slowly goes out of style, which I'm not that keen on), since I'm not supporting EA's DRM bullshit...

Whhaaaaat? why do you have such a hardcore gaming PC if you've never played with keyboard and mouse!? I'm sure you can learn it pretty quickly, it's not that hard coming from console nudgesticks.

Pretty sure the Source engine has controller support, anyway.

Oh, one thing I was wondering, this is running on Source so you'd presume Steam would be involved, but it's published by EA so it's origin exclusive. So weird.

I should've mentioned that the PC I built was mainly for video creation and rendering. I know that the game will most likely have controller support, but facing against everyone else using keyboards and mice will just utterly dominate me. Controllers will never come close to them.

• 4 weeks later...

Potentially bad news: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/08/titanfall-matches-capped-at-six-on-six

Respawn has confirmed that Titanfall's maximum player count will be 12, which breaks down into matches of six against six.

Call of Duty co-creator and Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella took to Twitter to reveal the news when asked by a fan, explaining this number was the one that elicited the best results from the AI.

If this sounds lower than you're used to, don't panic. Every player-controlled character can have a Titan in follow or guard mode if they wish, and there'll be plenty of AI fighters helping to populate the battlefield too. Quite how many wasn't revealed, but Zampella was adamant that battles would still feel hectic.

Despite this, a number of fans voiced concerns over the seemingly low player cap, especially with the likes of last year's Battlefield 4 supporting 64 combatants in a single match. Zampella responded to reassure everyone that a lot of testing had gone into deciding the number, and that six against six matches were widely discovered to be "incredibly fun", more so than any other set up.

Titanfall will hit Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC on March 11, 2014 in North America and March 13, 2014 in Europe and Australia, replete with a pretty impressive Collector's Edition though it won't come with mod support at launch. In the meantime, tide yourself over by reading up on the many different mechs available in the game.

Well, the game is cross-gen, that could be a potential restriction. 

Battlefield 4 is also a cross-gen game. 64 players on current gen and PC, 24 on previous gen. EVEN CoD Ghosts has 18 players on current gen and 12 players on previous gen.

This game, while not as big as major title games (no single player campaign, 6v6 multiplayer) it does look quite promising and unique. it definitely brings new things to the table for the fps genre. I am quite excited to get my paws on it... like this emerald here thunder_with_electric_emerald_by_thunder

Battlefield 4 is also a cross-gen game. 64 players on current gen and PC, 24 on previous gen. EVEN CoD Ghosts has 18 players on current gen and 12 players on previous gen.

Yeah I suppose it would be nice if it had more players on the next-gen version, maybe they want to keep all versions the same? Or maybe there's some game-balance tactical-related reason or some shit.

Yeah I suppose it would be nice if it had more players on the next-gen version, maybe they want to keep all versions the same? Or maybe there's some game-balance tactical-related reason or some shit.

According to the creators its 6v6 for balance. besides, theres ai bots for cannon fodder and people can set their titans to follow mode potentially making 6v6 12v12 if all mechs are on field and in follow mode, not counting ai cannonfodder dronesThunderRailgun-2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest with no single player really sours this for me. Plus EA being publisher doesn't fill me with confidence either. I think I will hang back with this one. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was EA's decision not to do a single player most likely a cost cutting move.

It baffles me why Jason West and Vince Zampella would go with EA games as their publisher? That is like going out of the frying pan into the fryer. EA have a track record of shitting on developers. Must of been money motivated.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/Titanfallgame/photos/a.611389302205715.1073741826.594036467274332/747483968596247/?type=1&theater

Minimum PC specs here. 

Want to make sure your PC is up to par for the upcoming Beta and launch of Titanfall? Check out the minimum specs below #Titanfall

Min Spec:
CPU: AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
RAM: 4GB RAM
GPU: 512MB VRAM, Radeon HD 4770 or GeForce 8800GT

How does your system stack up? Let us know in the comments below.

As far as I know, I'll probably have to drop a bunch of settings to get it to run well but my PC checks out, which makes me happy.