Awoo.

what do you think of Sonic the character?

Rey Skywalker-Ren

I think that while Sonic has a good inspiration on those characters, he couldn't have had an effect on Shadow. His dynamic with him through the game was often hostile and they traded blows every time they met. Shadow was pretty arrogant in SA2 and having Sonic do the pep talk would have just backfired. =(

Except Sonic didnt know the situation as to why Shadow was angry and framing him. If he figured it out, he would have tried.  

Methinks you give Sonic way too much credit.

Besides, the fact that it was Amy made it more sweet than I think Sonic could ever be. Say what you want about Amy when it comes to her flanderization, but her considerate and compassionate nature really rang true for what she had to say to Shadow. A sincere girl reminding him of another sincere girl and what she really wished for.

I can't really picture the same delivery coming from Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

How do I give him too much credit?

Of course I think hes amazing, hes my favorite character because of that.

I like Sonic, but sometimes, I want to strangle the guy. Like in Sonic the Lost World.... uuggg the guy is so concieded, cocky and arrogant that he can ruin things. And he tells bad jokes.... like seriously Sonic, IT'S NOT FUNNY!

And the way he teases Eggman like a high school bully and a high school kid..... uggggh

Lost World is the only game I think, where Sonic pays for his actions.

When Tails gets captured in Silent Forest

Sonic actually realises that it was his fault and is in despair after that. I'm surprised he blamed himself for that.

Annnd. At this point Sonic and Eggman are like childhood rivals, with the banter and shit, so this doesn't bother me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lost World is the only game I think, where Sonic pays for his actions.

When Tails gets captured in Silent Forest

Sonic actually realises that it was his fault and is in despair after that. I'm surprised he blamed himself for that.

Annnd. At this point Sonic and Eggman are like childhood rivals, with the banter and shit, so this doesn't bother me.

Yea, sonic in past games was pretty mary-sue ish for the most part but in Lost World I like how the writters made it so that Sonic had repricusions for his Action First mentality. Majority of the story stems from Sonic breaking the conch shell and kind of goes down hill ( in a good way) from there. Though only thing that made the whole story feel a little pointless was at the end where after robotnik fakes his death just to get to his bot to fight Sonic and the character development beforehand was just dropped cuz "Eggman will always be eggman" There wasn't anything like how at the end of SA2 they were all hanging out together in arc after beating the biolizard

What do I think of Sonic? Well he's actually my favorite character in the series well him and Eggman really (their both equal I can't really choose which one i like more i would explain why Eggman is my favorite too, but this about Sonic so let's not go off topic.)

But Sonic is a character i've always liked ever since i got into the series; he's brave, cool, cocky, has a heart of gold i just down right think he's an awesome character with a unique personality that's different from most hero protagonist that you see in other video game series.

I don't know there's just something different about him that makes him my favorite you see ever since i was a kid. You see I didn't have much confidence in myself when I was kid and was scared to doing anything, but once I played Sonic 2 and watched AOSTH and i got to know the character and see how heroic and cool he was i just got hooked on him kind of like Tails did really haha. There was just  something I liked about him his speed, cockiness, determination, his can do attitude it was just different, and i looked up to that when i was growing up, because he pretty showed me I could do anything if I try hard enough and to never give up no matter what. So basically what I'm trying to say is he's always been a role model to me that's got me thru some tight times when i was growing up, so despite all the bad games and crap he's being getting lately he'll always be that blue guy with the attitude that i grew up looking up to :)

Methinks you give Sonic way too much credit.

Besides, the fact that it was Amy made it more sweet than I think Sonic could ever be. Say what you want about Amy when it comes to her flanderization, but her considerate and compassionate nature really rang true for what she had to say to Shadow. A sincere girl reminding him of another sincere girl and what she really wished for.

I can't really picture the same delivery coming from Sonic.

I was saying because she didnt do a thing in Sonic Adventure 2, her talking to Shadow could easily be replaced by Rouge (she was the one to do in the comics) or Sonic (an inspiration to many characters). I have said Sonic because he has inspired 8 different characters to open their hearts and minds. He has inspired Tails to be himself on adventures when it comes to buliding things, Amy to go on her own adventures and see the world, Knuckles to adventure and not be tricked so easily, Blaze to not be stubborn and know theres nothing wrong with asking for help, Elise to get herself out of situations, Sharhra to do what she truely thinks is that right thing, Merlina to stop her evil ways and even Marine in realizing her flaws and what she needs to work on before going on adventures. With all that, I think that he could also help Shadow because he also has a heart of gold (but in some situations Amy can be better at showing it) and its another perfect way to show Sonics character to be inspiring.

While Sonic might not really remind Shadow of Maria as well as Chris did in Sonic X, he still can plead with Shadow to stop what he is doing, even if he does it with force.

in the game Shadow the Hedgehog, it would have been Sonics chance to make an impression on Shadow but they failed because they made him too hyper and annoying to glorify Shadow. Yes Sonic reminds him to be careful and dont be cocky so he does want to help. He also, when you play the dark missions, that he cant let Shadow go on the way he was thinking, showing that Sonic was worried about Shadow and his irratinal choices. Sometimes I think Sonic has lit a spark in Shadow to keep going on the hero mission, a small spark that is.

But he was so hyperactive that it wasnt funny. Sonic is young and hes cocky and hyper but not how they made him in this game. He was like Marine 2.0. But he had redeaming factors.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic giving that speech to Shadow kind is messed up when Sonic and Shadow were fighting each other right before Ark started falling, him pleading Shadow is also not really in character since he's the type to do things by force a majority of the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea, sonic in past games was pretty mary-sue ish for the most part but in Lost World I like how the writters made it so that Sonic had repricusions for his Action First mentality. Majority of the story stems from Sonic breaking the conch shell and kind of goes down hill ( in a good way) from there. Though only thing that made the whole story feel a little pointless was at the end where after robotnik fakes his death just to get to his bot to fight Sonic and the character development beforehand was just dropped cuz "Eggman will always be eggman" There wasn't anything like how at the end of SA2 they were all hanging out together in arc after beating the biolizard

I do agree that Lost World added a huge tint of humanity to Sonic by showing his cockiness as an actual hindrance he shows humility for. I also appreciate the fact that, unlike many other flawed incarnations of Sonic, they still keep hold of his redeeming aspects and that tint of clarity that makes the Games Sonic seem so approachable and good natured, rather than just Flanderizing him into an arrogant dumbass 24/7. I'm fine with him having more flawed moments so long as they keep hold of this treatment (and don't make too strict a formula of it like cases such as later Satam did, he doesn't need to screw up EVERY plot).

As for his treatment of Eggman, I never really saw it as 'bullying', which is odd given I'm usually very hypersensitive to how far a hero can punish a bumbling villain and still look heroic. Sure, he's smarmy, but he's like that non stop, even times he's on the losing end, it's his nature to laugh in danger's face (even times he got brutally beat down in Sonic X, he has that cocky smirk, is that the best they've got?). Add to that Eggman's a bumbler, but he's the one constantly challenging Sonic and throwing as much abuse at him as vice versa. If he still tormented Eggman when he wasn't the instigator or just plain kicking him while he was down, then maybe he would lean as a bully, but that doesn't tend to happen (the nearest to this was him arguably mocking Eggman as he begged for mercy in Unleashed, but the implication still seemed to be he was gonna back off physically).

Sonic giving that speech to Shadow kind is messed up when Sonic and Shadow were fighting each other right before Ark started falling, him pleading Shadow is also not really in character since he's the type to do things by force a majority of the time.

Hes pleaded with other characters before. He pleaded with Merlina to stop destroying the kingdom and he pleaded with Sharhra to do what she thought was right and he also pleaded with Eggman and Tails to stop fighting and focus on the situation at hand. Sonic pleading with Shadow is in character because Sonic is the inspiration and the heart and it goes with his character.  

I agree that it'd be in character but I disagree that it should have been his role in that specific instance considering it gave Amy an opportunity to contribute to the plot and also that Sonic didn't even get along with Shadow at that point, which facilitates a character who doesn't have grievance with him to appeal to his better side.

• Thumbs Up 1

The comment about pleading was about Shadow the Hedgehog the game. In Sonic Adventure 2 I am not saying Amy should have no role. I dont like Amy as a character but she has her good moment. i was saying because she didnt do anything what she does at the end could have easily been passed to Sonic but I said it too many times. sad.png

Also i made a list of all the games Sonic was his best

Sonic Adventure. He was the guy who loved to Adventure and had a heart of gold. He went to see if Tails was okay from when he crashed his plane. Even though Sonic said that Amy was weird and she was a pain he still went after her and worry when she was not around. He want to the Egg Carrier to save her from Eggman. The last part was when Sonic said that sealing Chaos in the Master Emerald would just keep him to be angry so his fighting helped Chaos be neutralzed.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. He inspired Elise to get herself out of situations and to smile all the way through. And she has done that twice in the game, rescue herself. He also helped the people in town missions like help find a lost dog and others. Even when he was beat down by a powerful hedgehog and Dr Eggman, he still risked it all to save Elise, keeping his promise. He also forgave Silver and began to work with him to save the princess. He also gave up his chaos emerald to save her. That shows he has a heart of gold and his inspiration. Also has the ablity to forgive and forget.

Sonic Colors. Sonic was a funny, confident, caring guy on an adventure to save aliens and their planets from Eggman. He expressed that he didnt like that was happening to his friends and he fighted for them. He also pushed Tails in the elevator to protect him, even he put his arm in front of him to not let Eggman get to him. It showed that he had a heart and he wanted was best for those who he cared about while being confident and funny cracking jokes alot.

Sonic and Secret Rings. Sonic was the master of the genie of the ring, but he didnt let that go to his head. He treated Sharhra like a friend rather than someone to make wishes for him. He agree to save the Arabian Nights even when it was in the middle of the night. He also helped the people in the story on missions. Sonic also had his inspiration moment when he begged Sharhra not to give the rings to the Erazor Jin and to do what she belived what she really thought was right. That lead to her sacraficing her life to save Sonic, starting the fight. His first wish was to bring her back to life and his last one was for the tissues, so she could cry and the tissues would help her. Sonic has forgiven. He also wish that the Arabian Nights have their stories back.

Sonic and Black Knight. He has agreed to hang with Amy. In the story he has helped people, and he also agreed to help a girl get her family back from the dragon, ignoring Caliburn and saying he goes by his own rules. His heart, Sonic got Merlina, a villian to stop trying to destroy the kingdom. Another example of his inspiration and his heart.

Sonic Heroes. Sonic was first a guy who went after Eggman for a good thrill. During missions when his friends would get scared, Sonic would tell to to keep moving and that everything was going to be alright. Assuring them they would be okay as long as they stick together. Sonic also thanked his friends at the end and said he couldnt have done it alone. Which I want to say i LOOOOVEE Team Sonic. Sonic was the heart that lead the team to victory, Tails was the intellgence and Knuckles was the logic. And together they are unstoppable! (enough Team Sonic talk!)

Sonic Lost World. Sonic made a mistake and he admitted his mistake. He went to stop the Deadly 6 and was angry when they took Tails away and it showed. He also had the ablity to put his differences to the side and let Eggman team with him and he even reminded Tails and Eggman about the real matter of the hand when they were fighting. Thus, an example of how heart and inspiration mixes.

Sonic Unleashed. Sonic not only stop to help Chip find his memory, he also help the townspeople. Like he delived medine and helped them with jobs and many other things. He also helped save Tails and Amy, which shows the heart. And he felt bad for falling on Chip, blaming himself for his memory lost.

Sonic Rush and others he inspired but not as much in this games so I didnt mention them. In Shadow the Hedgehog, even though he was Charmy/Marine hyperactive, he had redeaming points. Sonic reminds Shadow to be careful and dont be cocky. He also, when you play the dark missions, that he cant let Shadow go on the way he was thinking, showing that Sonic was worried about Shadow and his irratinal choices. Sometimes I think Sonic has lit a spark in Shadow to keep going on the hero mission, a small spark that is. But it wasnt used in the best way.

You not liking Amy is honestly irrelevant, because it doesn't really change that Sonic & Shadow were enemies for a certain time and it'd make no sense for Sonic to suddenly reach out to him as if he were a friend. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Uhhh I never said Sonic should have reminded Shadow because I dont like Amy. that would be very stupid of me to say it its dumber than me poor language skills. it had nothing to do with why i felt that Sonic should have the role. Even if I did like her it wouldnt change what I thought.