Awoo.

Your Favorite TV Based Video Game

Tamaki Kawazoe <3

Ok, so while I was playing Naruto:Rise of a Ninja, it made me start thinking."What does everyone else like in a TV based show?"so this is how this topic was born. What is your favorite TV based show? It can be based off anything even anime!

I would have to say mine is the Naruto series. Unlike DBZ games it has original storylines most of the time in them and are enjoyable at points, not just copying from the storyline from the show all the time.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DaBatGuy

• Rave92

• Eileanach

• Aokiji

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Tiny Toon games (especially Buster Busts Loose) for the SNES are excellent platformers!

The gameplay is usually original, fun, and very true to the roots of the show!

I also liked the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers fighting Edition because it reminded me of the Japanese version of Power rangers instead of the crappy American version.

Mine is definitely the Sailor Moon fighting game on the SNES which runs on the Street Fighter II engine.

I've finally obtained a ROM of it, thanks to the help of someone else on this messageboard before the server wipe.

I loved it so much that I even recorded & posted my gameplay videos of it on YouTube. Such as this one right here:

Sailor Venus VS Sailor Jupiter

I don't really know why, but for some reason I've always wanted to watch the sailors fighting each other asides from fighting the invading aliens.

And this SNES game actually makes my dream come true. :D

Edited by DarkJedi188

I'd have to go with Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel and Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir. The storylines aren't anything spectacular but the gameplay is just plain fun in my opinion. It's a shame they never translated the third Fullmetal Alchemist PS2 game.

Home Improvement! Nothing like finding powertools/crates right AL? I don't think so Tim.

Favorite TV Based game...the only thing popping into mind would be the Gekitou Ninja Taisen series for Gamecube. Like three or four years, this was the number one game to play whenever guests came by. We put so many hours into the second one, the same into the third one and for some reason we didn't enjoy the fourth as much. We held tournaments...I lost the first one cause of faulty pairings, right at the start my best two fighters fought each other so I had to decided who would lose. My favorite was Hinata, Kiba and I enjoyed fighting as Sasuke too. I would do this mean combo where at the end you would go flying in the air and I'd connect with my Chidori mid-fall. :3 It was nice.

Edited by Aokiji

Budokai 3 is my absolute favorite of the DBZ games, I couldn't stand that split screen, behind-the-back crap from the Tenkaichi series. However from the demo I played Burst Limit is really good too, mainly because it plays almost exactly like Budokai(although I do really miss the continent-destroying Ultra attacks)

The GBA also had some great underrated anime based games:

Shaman King: Master of Spirits 1 & 2 are great games if you don't mind a simplified, kiddy Castlevania clone.

Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure is a fun beat-up platformer with enough DB nostalgia to help you forget about that god awful upcoming movie.

Astro Boy: The Omega Factor was made by Treasure, the creators of Gunstar Heroes. Need I say more?

EDIT: Can't believe no one's mentioned it yet. TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. Best. Beat-em-up. Ever... on the SNES.

Edited by That Crazy Bat Guy

^Thanks man I can't believe I forgot TMNT!

That's my favorite TV Based game, The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the NES. I am even proud to say I beat this game once, and only once. Call me crazy but this is the game I grew up with!

Lion King for the Genesis (for the SNES too, but I had the Genesis, =3). It's one of my favorite classic games of all time! Garfield: Caught in the Act! and Mickey Mouse Time Machine something was great fun too, ^^. Aladdin was a great game too back then that I know everyone remembers, =D.

-Blur

I think the Tiny Toon games (especially Buster Busts Loose) for the SNES are excellent platformers!

This.

DuckTales on the NES and virtually every Disney platformer made by Capcom.

And this.

I also loved the Lion King (like Blur) but I guess that was a film not a TV show but hey it's the same idea.

Also SatAM is my favourite, I know, I know the games came first but who cares it deserves a mention!

Oh yeah the TMNT for the NES was brilliant I loved that game so much!

There were a couple of Mickey and Donald games I cannot remember what they were called but I really enjoyed them too. One were Donald fired plungers at people and then the Mickey ones had Mickey and Donald getting different costumes.

Edited by Eileanach

Budokai 3 is my absolute favorite of the DBZ games, I couldn't stand that split screen, behind-the-back crap from the Tenkaichi series. However from the demo I played Burst Limit is really good too, mainly because it plays almost exactly like Budokai(although I do really miss the continent-destroying Ultra attacks)

The GBA also had some great underrated anime based games:

Shaman King: Master of Spirits 1 & 2 are great games if you don't mind a simplified, kiddy Castlevania clone.

Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure is a fun beat-up platformer with enough DB nostalgia to help you forget about that god awful upcoming movie.

Astro Boy: The Omega Factor was made by Treasure, the creators of Gunstar Heroes. Need I say more?

EDIT: Can't believe no one's mentioned it yet. TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. Best. Beat-em-up. Ever... on the SNES.

Yeah I liked those two, as I was into Shaman King when I played it :). Also I like DBZ games.

I'm not sure if it's the same game you guys are talking about, since I was one of the unfortunate children without an NES.

But the

was freakin' awesome. I know a place where you can still play it with quarters. I love this game. Edited by Badnikz

Duck Tales, only the Gameboy version instead of NES as thats the one I had. Must''ve got it Christmas 1993... <333 the title screen theme tune, and the Amazon/Moon levels

Felix on the NES was amazing though, and Chip n Dale's quite fun

Krusty's Fun House on Gameboy was a good puzzler, and Bart vs the Space Mutants on Game Gear wasn't -that- bad

Beavis & Butthead on the Megadrive was cool too ^^

I've got this Garfield game for the DS which is, surprisingly, really, really good! Its a 3D platformer, and honestly one of the funnest DS games I've played (not an easy feat)

I also very much enjoyed all the Sailor Moon games I played on emu =D

I really want to play the Desperate Housewives PC game!

Edited by HelenBaby

Lion King for the Genesis (for the SNES too, but I had the Genesis, =3). It's one of my favorite classic games of all time! Garfield: Caught in the Act! and Mickey Mouse Time Machine something was great fun too, ^^. Aladdin was a great game too back then that I know everyone remembers, =D.

-Blur

Damn, you just reminded me of Lion King for Sega. I played that when I was a kid, I couldn't finish it -_-.

I played it on the SNES and it was a breeze to play but when I tried it on the MegaDrive I sucked so bad at it.

Edited by Eileanach