Awoo.

The Nelson Mandela Memorial Sign Language guy

Badnik Mechanic

So I figured I'd keep this out of the main Mandela topic because... well you'll find out why.

131211073252-vo-nelson-mandela-memorial-

Odds are you've already heard of this. Earlier this week was the Nelson Mandela memorial event in which world leaders took a moment to give a speach and remember Mandela. Now as with a lot of these things, they had a guy on hand to do sign language in order for as many people as possible to understand what was being said.

This guy was stood next to world leaders and important politicians for hours translating everything they said.

Unfortunately... there was a problem... that being the guy was more or less making it up.

He was at it for hours, yet within moments of him starting, people went onto the internet complaining and calling the guy out as a fraud, yet nobody at the event noticed the guy was making it up or the claims he was making it up and let him continue... for hours.

To give you an idea as to how bad he was, Jimmy Kimmel got a real sign language expert in to translate what this guy was saying and... well... you'll see.

http://youtu.be/X-DxGoIVUWo

So what happened? Well... aparently this guy has done sign language events before, only he claims to have been suffering from a schizophrenic episode and believed he saw angels descending into the area which messed up his performance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25346253

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25330672

• Thumbs Up 1

...I am at a loss for words. Not out of pure anger though, although that's part of it. It's more out of pure wat. 

Well... aparently this guy has done sign language events before, only he claims to have been suffering from a schizophrenic episode and believed he saw angels descending into the area which messed up his performance.

Lol...what? So he saw angels and it made him do nonsensical sign language? If I was in this situation, I'm pretty sure I would have hauled ass in a schizophrenia episode instead of standing there with a strait face and making random hand gestures.

Pffft, I saw this guy in a news report at that big memorial service. He was really funky the way he was signing, like he was dancing.

Kinda hilarious that he signed all that other shit.

I've read that he's a convicted murderer.

If it's true, then they really didn't do a very good background check on their staff.

Edit: Looking it up, he's been accused of murder, rape and kidnapping. Not the same as a proven conviction, but still not good.

I was already questioning how good their security was if someone like this could get so close to so many world leaders in important government events, but;

If it's true, then they really didn't do a very good background check on their staff.

Edit: Looking it up, he's been accused of murder, rape and kidnapping. Not the same as a proven conviction, but still not good.

this is just ridiculous on a security level. How the hell did he even get there in the first place? Absolutely bizarre, it feels almost unreal.

Can I use that excuse the next time I mess up on a test?

Yeah, I'm gonna use that excuse.

Next Test Strategy;

Explain to the professor that I suddenly saw Sonic & friends enter the room, thus distracting me from finishing the bonus questions on the 5 question test. Beg for extension after explanation. Make silly hand gestures if necessary to cause confusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure he's just a birthday clown:

aD02WQN_460sa.gif

• Thumbs Up 8