Awoo.

New TSS Staffer & We're Looking For More Writers

Badnik Mechanic

Oh glorious blue beards of Neptune, I've got another chance to my lifetime dream.

OKAY ONE OF MY LIFETIME DREAMS.

Still glorious.

Shoot, writing on a regular basis and the fluent language is not me. sad.png

By regular basis.

We're not looking for daily contributions, it's more a case of avoiding 'hey has anyone seen.. oh whats his name... you know.. that guy? He once did an update about... that thing... No the other guy. DREADKNUX thats his name!'

• Thumbs Up 3

Is there a deadline for these? I might be busy this weekend but I sure as hell want to try this!

EDIT: If I'm writing the news article, does the 250 words need to be a fully completed article or could it be written normally and then at 250 just end with an ellipse?

Hoo hoo, this is the exact same manner in which I 'enrolled'. Of course it took a lot of SSMB'ers back in the day to convince me to apply in the first place :lol:

Good luck applicants. It certainly was a cool job writing for TSS for me and I'm sure it will be for you if you get picked :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Would these positions be for writing the news articles, or writing stuff for those blank info pages/categories on the main site? Or both?

I could do either one, and I may even send in an application, but I'm just curious about this as I've always thought those pages are a bit neglected smile.png

Also, this:

Is there a deadline for these? I might be busy this weekend but I sure as hell want to try this!

Edited by Frogging101

By regular basis.

We're not looking for daily contributions, it's more a case of avoiding 'hey has anyone seen.. oh whats his name... you know.. that guy? He once did an update about... that thing... No the other guy.'

Saying like, once a week or two, is that just enough?

I don't think "fluent language" is what I got anyways, I am not sure about the grammar I have just yet...

About the news article, can you write about something that hasn't actually happened?

I mean, within reason, like writing about newly discovered concept art.

• Thumbs Up 1

The last time we did this it was announced in November... and the writers were selected and promoted by April the next year.

No real deadline on these, odds are we won't pick anyone over Christmas can't see it happening in January either. Yeah probably best to get in before the end of January since we do really want some new staff apointed sooner rather than later.

Though I'll post a huge "THE DEADLINE IS.... (insert date)" update if we decide that we want all applicants in by a said date... though for now, think end of January 2014 at least.

About the news article, can you write about something that hasn't actually happened?

Fine with me. That one is mainly for us to make sure you can write more than anything. Just make sure you lable it as being not based on a pre-existing story or something.

Should point out, if people do decide to do this, the most spectacular or elaborate the story doesn't = best article, it really is us looking at how you put an article together.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am aiming to be a games journalist for my future and getting to write for TSS would be so awesome. However I'm still a college student so I'm not sure if I'd be able to write all the time, especially if it's for news announced during a time where I'm at college. While I'd love to try this it may not be possible for me which sucks.

Shouldn't be a problem! I did the same with mine!

But oh man, was this fun to do a couple of years ago! I was just bussing to university when I saw the notice going live, and I just couldn't pass up on the opportunity... I ended up typing(?) most of my entry on my iPhone. XD

And the utter joy I felt when bmn sent me that PM... I think I still have the old message in my inbox. I remember going all kinds of nuts and excited all night long and going ballistic in the statuses!

All that's left is going pink and my secret takeover as Supreme TSS Overlord will come to fruition.

Good luck to everyone! Write your best!

HLgayHd.gif

see that beach

that beach is the staff subforum

we're all shirtless there and totally have a secret sexy stash

join us

aim for the beach

hint: write something about music and get an immediate recommendation from me

• Thumbs Up 1

Think I'll put in for this too since I spend a good part of my time here and scanning for new information, plus I know quite a bit about the music, games and merchandise so...

VERY interested! :D

I'm a big lover of Sonic and have contributed a lot in other places (mostly at GAF, but also at GoNintendo from time-to-time).

For the news post and blog post, I have some ideas, now do the word limits include links? Just because I plan to write about one topic for the news post which includes numerous links. Also it actually will be taken from a GAF thread (but touched up obviously :) ) and it's a tad old, but only slightly old, and I did do some nice sourcing and research and put a lot of thought into it.

The blog post I can make about being a fan of certain groups, you may enjoy them. ;)

(I actually just typed up a lot about myself, but I will save them for the application XD).

Now when I make said articles... how would you like them? As in, I have a long dead blog I can post them in, if that works? Unless you want both ready to read within the email?

now do the word limits include links?

No. If you include links it won't go against the word limit. 

you want both ready to read within the email?

Idealy within the body of the email so we can quickly check in there and see the samples and even quote/post them in our staff area quickly.

No. If you include links it won't go against the word limit. 

Idealy within the body of the email so we can quickly check in there and see the samples and even quote/post them in our staff area quickly.

Okay! You're gonna get long emails then. lol

I'll try to make it neat so to make them easy to tell what section is which. :)

I just have one question: for the blog entry, can it be a "mini-review" of something pertaining to the Sonic fanbase?

I want a 10,000 word essay on why Sonic shouldn't have green eyes, PRONTO!

• Thumbs Up 8

I want a 10,000 word essay on why Sonic shouldn't have green eyes, PRONTO!

And I want a report in triplicate, with lots of graphs and diagrams and complicated sums on my desk, tomorrow morning! ASAP! Pronto! LOL!

Do I have a desk?

I just have one question: for the blog entry, can it be a "mini-review" of something pertaining to the Sonic fanbase?

What exactly do you mean by that? :o

• Thumbs Up 1

*fills page with "becuz it loooks dum" over and over*

Am I a staff member now? :V

Well so far you're the only entry so... yeah.

If you mean like a review of something like a product or what-have-you then sure. But pointing at the fanbase and saying 'It' probably not so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, looking over this, I notice I don't think anyone has congratulated VEDJ-F on the promotion. Congrats and will likely see you around a lot in that archie topic as I am around there often.

Writing, while an okay thing of mine, isn't exactly the kind of thing I'm normally looking to do on a regular basis. I'm so paranoid about spoiler news that I don't think that would be a good job for me to be doing ^^;

Ooh my goodness, the interest in this is huuuuge.

Do I have any advice, despite only being staff for 48 hours now? I guess I have one piece; it's good to show a bit of your personality through the way you write stuff. It's more engaging to read when the reader knows that the writer has put themselves into it. 

Of course, how much can be shown greatly varies with the story in question, but still. 

• Thumbs Up 7

*fills page with "becuz it loooks dum" over and over*

Am I a staff member now? :V

8expm.gif

But seriously, best of luck guys. It'll be nice to have a few new faces around. :)

• Thumbs Up 7