Awoo.

New TSS Staffer & We're Looking For More Writers

Badnik Mechanic

Actually, does the News Article have to be NEWS, or can it be speculation? tongue.png Decided to make that into the blog post, I'll make the News Article into an announcement I suppose. smile.png I was taking away so much that too many details were being left out (my precious :'( ), now I brought it down to 300 words this time and it's better.

Edit: I know the goal is to see how well I can type, but I didn't want to show something too gimped, considering I put quite a bit of effort into the article (I'm very happy to give you the full thing after if you'd like? smile.png ), I do like putting a lot into what I post if it's something I've thought about (my recent post at GAF about what Nintendo should do about Wii U is also over 500 words, it just happens hehe).

Got an idea of a story to write about. I'd feel happy to try, time to give more to the communitee!

Also big congrats to VedjF :-p Happy we got someone to cover Archie stuff who actually gets the facts straight from the source.

I feel like I sent in far too early.

I'll be worrying about it all through Christmas now. Probably shouldn't take it too seriously, if anything, I should just sit back and hope that the slim chance I have might pull me through.

I'll be worrying about it all through Christmas now. Probably shouldn't take it too seriously, if anything, I should just sit back and hope that the slim chance I have might pull me through.

Should you feel you can do better, I'm sure you could talk to one of our existing TSS Staff to ask for another chance. The editing process is a pretty big part of the job and very few of the news articles on the main site are published without some sort of second read or opinion involved. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

>Passion for Sonic

WELP, I'm not fit for this job.

(Besides I always fuck up my then and than and keep going on tangents when writing shit.)

I've done it! Took a bit and careful editing to make sure I was within the word limit and said numerous thing about my interests related to Sonic and how I can contribute, I hope you like the application. :)

Yeah just send another one in if you want.

Well firstly, congrats to VEDJ-F! I wish you all the best. :)

This sounds interesting, I might take a shot at it over December/early January when I get some time to do so. Teachers have been flooding me with work lately, but with the break coming up I should be able to spend some time on this. Glad to have the opportunity!

This sounds pretty cool~! I'm totally up for giving this a shot, I've always had a keen interest in both journalism and blue hedgehogs, so why not? 

Sorry, I just re-read the instructions there. Just to check, are we required to do both articles or are we meant to just pick one? I finished the first task and wanted to check before sending.

Hmm...well I'm already a news writer for RadioSEGA...

..But then I'll have double the work to handle, couple that with the stuff going on in my life right now... Man I would so love to do this but I feel much more deserving people should take a crack at this.

On that, congrats VEDJ-F for the pppppppppppppppppromotion. :)

I'm just off the heels of completing a technical writing course... so I may actually consider this position.

So I'd better say since I've had a few PM's about this.

If one of your sample articles is 50 words over. I don't care.

If your sample article is really taking the mick with the word limit then I do have a problem.

The word limit is there to prevent people from submitting stupidly long articles since we can probably get an idea as to what your writing style is like from the first 500 words anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder, this is still open and we're still reading applications.

No closing date just yet.

Is this still ongoing? I'm still unsure because the last post was a week ago.

I take it you'll let us know when applications are closed?

Is this still ongoing? I'm still unsure because the last post was a week ago.

I take it you'll let us know when applications are closed?

Yup, apps are still open.

I did say that I'll post a 'the deadline is...' well in advance.

im very interested in this, but i have one question, will all the news be required to be written about as soon as discovered. I have lots of time off colege but there are some times when i would be unavailable. Ive always wanted to be a larger part of the community (ive dreamed of being a Mod, but a writer is something i can actually work towards) will i still be availble for the position?

Well we do aim to get articles up sooner rather than later.

But at the same time nobody is forced to do a set number of news updates per week or anything like that, you do what you can, but we just want regular contributors, we don't want people to just get the blue badge and then just sit back and do nothing for months on end. That's kinda the reason we're asking, during Lost Word's announcement - release period stuff got missed and we also really want original content put up, but nobody is doing to demand daily or even weekly original material.

Oh that's good, if I get in I aim to try and contribute as much as I can, I have Wednesdays and most of Tuesday and Friday off college so I should be able to contribute 2-3 times a month , hopefully more :)

Now just to think of something to write about!

>Passion for sonic

Welp. I'm out. My love for the series has been fallling since Generations. Good luck to the participants. And congrats dude.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the fact we've not had any more applications in for a while.

Deadline for Applications: Sunday 26th January. 

Why yes, that is the end of the week.

We'll likely be picking new staff shortly after that date.

• Thumbs Up 3