Awoo.

[ROM Hack] | Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Pro Survivor 5.0 (SHC 2015 Demo)

NeoFusionBox

Thread update (03/26/16)!

New post:

Spoiler

Bump Time!

Anyone still remmeber this little thing?

Anyway, since I released this in the last year on Sonic Hacking Contest, I'd though I could post it here too. Welp, let's start it.

About Hack

For those who still don't know, It's been 2 years I've developing on a Sonic 3 & Knuckles hack named as Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Pro Survivor.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Pro Survivor it's an palette and layout hack; the point on this one it's to have a extra difficult and hard layout (though fair), with some improved gimmicks.

For who played and still remember about the last contest: In the last year, I wasn't very happy with the state of the hack, so this one I decided to give it a better effort and polish everything with my best effort (with new content, of course)!
Unfortunately, it's still just a demo and not a full version. So the 5 only levels available are:
Angel Island Zone, Hydrocity Zone Act 1, Ice Cap Zone, Flying Battery Zone and Sandopolis Zone Act 1 (unfortunately too, AIZ and ICZ2 isn't ready yet for Knuckles, so I hope you understand).

Also, it has a new Main Menu and a New Time Attack mode (up to you unlock), and in the future will have more features.

Some Images
shc2015_68_3.png
shc2015_68_7.png

Media / Preview / Walkthough

• NeoFusionBox

Art:

• Bakayote
  • AsuharaMoon

Coding:

• Electroball
  • TheBlad768
  • Jdpense
  • NeoFusionBox

Music (SMPS Ports):

• NeoFusionBox
  • S_T_D
  • Cinossu
  • Crash
  • Ivan Yo
  • TheBlad768
  • Eduardo Knuckles - MIDIs porting

Beta Testers:

• SonicVaan
  • TheBlad768
  • Electroball
  • Shockwave
  • Bakayote
  • KingoFHarts
  • JoenickROS
  • EditChris
  • Hcktrox
  • Eduardo Knuckles
  • Painto Maniak

Test on Real Hardware:

• Ralakimus
  • Bakayote

Special Stage Layout:

• Painto maniak

Other Credits:
Flamewing - Flamewing Sounddrive / Error Code Generator
Stealth - SonED2 / Sonic 3 & Knuckles Disassembly
MainMemory - SonLVL
ValleyBell - SMPS2ASM / MID2SMPS / SMPS Research Pack
And for who all did others programs for hacking...

Special Thanks:

• TheBlad768
  • Electroball - Porting original ROM into Disassembly
  • Shockwave
  • Bakayote
  • SonicVaan
  • DiscoTheBat

Some Notes

Sting Chameleon music (SMPS) isn't looped yet in this build and there was supposed to demo finish in Sandopolis Zone, but there has a mistake, and it finish in Flying Battery though, you still can play this in Time Attack mode. I'm sorry about that. Also, this build still have some bugs that I didn't had time to notice and fix in the time, so, I may already knew about some bug reported here (but you still can report it in thread). I would release some revision soon.

I hope you have fun with this hack and remember, critiques, feedback and reports are always welcome. Have a good game!

Old shit:

Spoiler

Hello everbody, i`m working a long time a 3k hack called Sonic 3 & knuckles pro Survivor.

I'll now show you some details of the hack and speak my ideas about what i inserted into my hack.

features.

-new music

-new moving boss code

-new layouts & palette

-special stages changed (beta)

-my ideas-

I'll show my hack ideas so you guys could opinate about it"

new vertical-moving spring in fbz here video:

My other idea is to add mazes in levels to make extra challenges and make it fun but currently it's 20% completed.

some images

48x7.png

6ocf.png

video

feedback & suggestion are welcome.

now im give the thanks of people.

-beta tests: editchris, electroball, thomaspeedrunner, discothebat, cris

-boss moving & musics:theblad

download:http://www.mediafire...OR 4.0 BETA.bin

now enjoy it smile.png

NOTE !!!!:hack have bugs yet, the bugs I'will be try fix in next release

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just get to the point that I'm most concerned about: The music.

The person who did it seems to be either an inexperienced beginner or a lazy bum, only changing instruments... and pitches, for whatever reason. The problem is, however, that the pitches of some of the instruments are left intact, giving it an horrible dissonance that just flat-out screams "BEGINNER HACK". Really, the melodies and themes themselves seem to be completely unchanged... Why not at least keep the music until you find someone more experienced?

Recently, I am using new songs (from other games). ie all were replaced.

or a lazy bum,

no, no, no. he does not lazy, just the songs  is  not the best in of the word world. =\

EDIt: also, thanks to comment :).

• 2 weeks later...

mt9o.pngvrxx.pngnew.pyw7.pngssyj.pngatde.png948m.pnghch3.pngkahn.png

underwater pallets, hydrocity and launch base. not changed yet.
comments and criticism are always help. smile.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Bump Time!

Anyone still remmeber this little thing?

Anyway, since I released this in the last year on Sonic Hacking Contest, I'd though I could post it here too. Welp, let's start it.

About Hack

For those who still don't know, It's been 2 years I've developing on a Sonic 3 & Knuckles hack named as Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Pro Survivor.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Pro Survivor it's an palette and layout hack; the point on this one it's to have a extra difficult and hard layout (though fair), with some improved gimmicks.

For who played and still remember about the last contest: In the last year, I wasn't very happy with the state of the hack, so this one I decided to give it a better effort and polish everything with my best effort (with new content, of course)!
Unfortunately, it's still just a demo and not a full version. So the 5 only levels available are:
Angel Island Zone, Hydrocity Zone Act 1, Ice Cap Zone, Flying Battery Zone and Sandopolis Zone Act 1 (unfortunately too, AIZ and ICZ2 isn't ready yet for Knuckles, so I hope you understand).

Also, it has a new Main Menu and a New Time Attack mode (up to you unlock), and in the future will have more features.

Some Images
shc2015_68_3.png
shc2015_68_7.png

Media / Preview / Walkthough

• NeoFusionBox

Art:

• Bakayote
  • AsuharaMoon

Coding:

• Electroball
  • TheBlad768
  • Jdpense
  • NeoFusionBox

Music (SMPS Ports):

• NeoFusionBox
  • S_T_D
  • Cinossu
  • Crash
  • Ivan Yo
  • TheBlad768
  • Eduardo Knuckles - MIDIs porting

Beta Testers:

• SonicVaan
  • TheBlad768
  • Electroball
  • Shockwave
  • Bakayote
  • KingoFHarts
  • JoenickROS
  • EditChris
  • Hcktrox
  • Eduardo Knuckles
  • Painto Maniak

Test on Real Hardware:

• Ralakimus
  • Bakayote

Special Stage Layout:

• Painto maniak

Other Credits:
Flamewing - Flamewing Sounddrive / Error Code Generator
Stealth - SonED2 / Sonic 3 & Knuckles Disassembly
MainMemory - SonLVL
ValleyBell - SMPS2ASM / MID2SMPS / SMPS Research Pack
And for who all did others programs for hacking...

Special Thanks:

• TheBlad768
  • Electroball - Porting original ROM into Disassembly
  • Shockwave
  • Bakayote
  • SonicVaan
  • DiscoTheBat

Some Notes

Sting Chameleon music (SMPS) isn't looped yet in this build and there was supposed to demo finish in Sandopolis Zone, but there has a mistake, and it finish in Flying Battery though, you still can play this in Time Attack mode. I'm sorry about that. Also, this build still have some bugs that I didn't had time to notice and fix in the time, so, I may already knew about some bug reported here (but you still can report it in thread). I would release some revision soon.

I hope you have fun with this hack and remember, critiques, feedback and reports are always welcome. Have a good game!

Hope you guys are fine with this bump!~

• Thumbs Up 2