Awoo.

NIntendo direct 18/12/2013

Inkling Cooper

Not sure if there is already a topic for this, but nintendo has just confirmed a new nintendo direct scheduled for tomorrow 2pm uk time. Apparently it will focus on new wii U and 3DS games coming in spring 2014.

Discuss!

Well, I'm up for seeing what comes out of this.

I eagerly await it.

No predictions from me though. But I did have a dream last night in which Iwata revealed the third Sonic game as a remake of Sonic 06, EA remade Battlefront's 1 and 2 for WiiU, and a sequel to Excite Truck was announced. Of the three, the latter is the most likely to ever happen.

Source?

You can't just make a thread announcing an announcement without a source, it doesn't make you look credible.

My source was NIntendo's Facebook.This is what they said: Tune in tomorrow at 2pm for a new#NintendoDirectEU where Mr Iwata and Mr Shibata will focus on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles releasing by spring 2014!

Jesus, I was just thinking a few hours ago "man it's been a while since the last Nintendo Direct, when will the next one be?"

The cosmos have answered. Groovy.

• Thumbs Up 1

My source was NIntendo's Facebook.This is what they said: Tune in tomorrow at 2pm for a new#NintendoDirectEU where Mr Iwata and Mr Shibata will focus on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS titles releasing by spring 2014!

1528628_555143444570113_267975997_n.jpg

Now that we've gotten a lot of the 2013 crop out of the way, then with any luck we'll turn back to some titles we haven't heard from in a while.  And is it too much to hope for an early Christmas present from Nintendo?

Now that we've gotten a lot of the 2013 crop out of the way, then with any luck we'll turn back to some titles we haven't heard from in a while.  And is it too much to hope for an early Christmas present from Nintendo?

I second this! and boy I got lucky, I am out of the country for 5 days tomorrow XD

also(starfox), cough cough,  or a smash reveal

Mysterion, were you trying to say there's an american version? i was talking about the europe version.

Mostly just backing up your source up further, but there seems to be an American one as well that'll happen (I guess Nintendo Directs always occur in America/Europe/Japan on the same day? First one seeing one, actually.) 

Anyways, hoping for more news on Smash Bros. and Bayonetta. 

"releasing by spring"

So, a Donkey Kong and Mario Kart Direct then?

Maybe they're gonna delay Wii Fit again too so they have an excuse to talk about another game.

(the fact it's already out in some places is a secret)

What if Zelda u or Starfox u is announced, now that would cause some buzz

They won't be. Not enough attention for a big announcement like those.

I personally wouldn't expect Zelda until E3. I personally wouldn't expect StarFox at all, less disappointment that way.

Yoshi's New Island, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario Kart 8 and DK Tropical Freeze. Possible Smash reveal. Maybe more info on Yoshi's Yarn?

I might miss this since I'm going out tomorrow, but I'll catch up later.

On the predictions list, add a new Excite game to that, perhaps a new Excite Truck. It's been a while since the last of the series [Excitebots and Excitebike: World Rally in 2009, with the original Excite Truck in 2006/7]. Since Monster Games haven't really been working on much except ports of games, maybe they could have been working on a new entry in the series on the quiet. And it also gives them a chance to get back to what they do best.

Darn it! My days off this week have to be Monday and today don't they? I'm at work 12:30-10pm tomorrow :( Oh well, it'll give me something to look forward to when I finish. We'll no doubt get more Donkey Kong and Mario Kart 8 news, but I hope we get some surprises, too.

I'm hoping that Kirby 3DS game turns out to be a Spring release since it's out soon in Japan. Yarn Yoshi or whatever it's called would be nice, too.

Might be a long shot, since a release date has yet to even be teased, but I hope there's some info on the upcoming Monolith title (currently "X"), but I can see some things regarding DK, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and perhaps even Pokémon being far more likely.

Keep your expectations in check, guys. Only expect Zelda U, Metroid Prime 4, Metroid Dread, F Zero U, Paper Mario U, Miyamoto's new IP, Star Fox U, Pokémon Z, Pokken Fighters, and a Star Tropics revival.

I wouldn't expect any more in something so low key.

• Thumbs Up 7

Star Fox on 3DS or Wii U or both, please, kthbai.

Don't forget there will likely be an indie game showcase at some point again.

I seriously do want Star Fox, though :(

• Thumbs Up 1