Awoo.

Sonic Chrono Adventure 1.1 - SAGE 2014

LakeFeperd

You just have to hit that thing (and a few others you'll run into while exploring) with a non-charged punch!

It's weird they don't work when you charge the punch, and there's no indication you shouldn't always charge punches at any point... since you still have a delay for attacking with it even when tapping, making the sword more reliable for heavier damage on static enemies.

whoa I can't believe I didn't try that.. thanks!

I feel dumb again now ^^;;

EDIT: Hokay I just finished the story! Pretty cool final areas and bosses I have to say, and in the end I did find the story was actually pretty good too. I'm guessing the Polem and stuff will be expanded on in a future game of yours or something, I look forward to it!

For now I only found one Chaos Emerald and I've barely found any experience for abilities so I spose I'll do that!

wait, really, a charged punch doesn't work? wierd. D:

Anyway, glad to see people actaully finish my game and, this might be a little bit sad but... well, this IS my last fan game so, things end here for me. Well, when it comes to fan gams anyway.

Anyway, glad to see people actaully finish my game and, this might be a little bit sad but... well, this IS my last fan game so, things end here for me. Well, when it comes to fan gams anyway.

Aw that's a shame :( but you have been working on these seemingly nonstop for a while so I can understand. Congrats on all the successful releases and good luck with whatever you decide to do next ^^

So I beat the game yesterday and my feelings about it are...kind of mixed.

On the one hand, I can't not like the core Sonic gameplay, the artwork was good, the music choices were mostly good, and the level design was at least ok. And I'm actually kind of surprised that the open world concept worked as well as it did; for the most part I was able to sort of wander forward even if I didn't have a full grasp of where I was supposed to be going. For the most part, I did have a decent time playing through it.

On the other hand...the story completely failed to grab me. The environments were pretty good at setting a certain atmosphere (and I have to say, ferrofluid Eggslime was pretty unnerving), but just about any time dialogue came up I had to fight the urge to button mash through it. I didn't care about Original the Character, I didn't care about the bird people, I didn't care about Birdbotnik. I almost started to care about the black ball bad guy things, but then they just suddenly became irrelevant. Gameplaywise, the Metroidvania style upgrades didn't work out so great. The jet shoes and boost shoes aren't terrible, but the way they're balanced against normal mode is kind of annoying and didn't really make me feel like I was getting more powerful as I went on, which is how the genre usually goes. The sword and punch gloves on the other hand, they were outright bad. Outside of needing them to cut a gate or punch a bumper, there's no benefit to using them; they're slow, clunky, and very short-ranged. They don't mesh with Sonic's gameplay at all and the benefits to using them are almost negligible anyway. The sword really needed a running attack and a Zero-styled spinning jumpslash, or something...

Also there were some minor but kind of annoying bugs (like cutscenes not fully locking your controls, and the jet shoe charging sound effect continuing if you were interrupted by something) and grimdark Sonic was kind of dumb.

@Wonder SuperLink

thanks biggrin.png

@Diogenes

Actually, i agree with what you said about the power ups.
I was pretty unhappy myself on how the bumper gloves turned out to be and i really think i could have done something much better with the sword. But still i think the boost and the jet shoes have a LOT of potential, like how you can go as high as you want with the jet shoes if you are underwater by just spaming up and X.

But in the end, i had a LOT of levels to work on and i just couldn't spent all my time working on the power ups.

Well, Lake Feperd, I finally found ya. (Actually, I found a way to contact you, as the Retro snobs will NEVER let me be a member.)

You made this game on Multimedia Fusion 2, then you should know what the hell is going on with my game (or my computer, as Mega Man Revolution, another MMF2 game, presents the same problem).

1513861_556955174391515_1743985859_n.jpg

So, the screen doesn't resize along with the window, and even worse, there are NO TRANSPARENCY EFFECTS!!!

I don't know Multimedia Fusion 2, but I sure wanna know how to fix this goddamn problem. I want to play your game, I want it really bad.

Anyway, guys, here's a teaser:
G7B2olw.png

@Zero Dozer

If you want to find me you could, ya know, look at the name of the place i always put in before the title screen in my games =P

Anyway, the transparency is likely a problem with direct X and the resolution thing, well, it just seems to happen in some computers for some reason, still, i really don't know a way to fix that, since to allow the screen to stretch in MMF2 all you have to do is press a button. (by that i mean, inside MMF2, the software) there's not much i can do about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, this place is now called Sonic United for what I know XD, and I'm still a member there, for my luck.

So, do I have to possess Multimedia Fusion 2 installed into my PC in order to make the game run properly?

Well, this place is now called Sonic United for what I know XD, and I'm still a member there, for my luck.

So, do I have to possess Multimedia Fusion 2 installed into my PC in order to make the game run properly?

What?! No! This is the SSMB, Sonic United is a different forum. And to answer your 2nd question all you have to do is download the game and get/use a program that opens rar files (7zip is free), extract the files to a folder, but make sure to keep all the files in the same folder.

Well, Sfghq merged with sonic united, still, i don't think much peopole picked up on that yet.

Anyway, about MMF2... I'm pretty sure that will not work.

Try updating your direct X.

So, what's the most up to date DirectX my Windows XP with a Sempron 3400+ processor can take?

In other words: isn't DirectX 9.0c enough for a MMF2 game?

Edit: Made my research, I'm stuck with that fucking trash bin that's my computer.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is an awesome fangame!

I have to admit though, I'm really interested in that magnetic-liquid-induced super sonic form. I kind of would like to play around with the sprites for it, if that's OK with you. The sprites aren't anywhere online as far as I can tell, so could you please release them?

• 2 years later...