Awoo.

[Add-On] Yoshi's Island Zone

Debug Mode

I am grinning from ear to ear.

THIS IS PRETTY MUCH EXACTLY WHAT WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR AND ARGUING AGAINST THE APPARENT 'TOUGH JOB' IT WOULD BE SINCE EVEN BEFORE THE OLYMPIC GAMES

I MEAN, JUST ADD A MARIO STYLE TO THE LEVEL INSTEAD OF YOSHI AND THERE YOU GO

WAS THAT SO HARD???

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, it's good that Lost World is getting some DLC love, but there's just something that really rubs me the wrong way about Mario characters and worlds being in a main series Sonic game. I'd prefer Sonic to stay separate from Mario as much as possible, and this combined with the obvious Mario influence in multiple areas of SLW including music, graphics and levels... ehhhhhh.

What about the Zelda DLC they hinted at?  I'll be interested to see what that looks like.

So they said this was available right now in the Direct but ever since he said that, I can't find it anywhere on the eShop, even now the Direct is over.

Regarding Nintendo stuff, I admit I'd SLIGHTLY have rather had original levels, or even more levels from Sonic's past, but this is still cool.  The only awkward thing is I really can't see Mario 3D World returning the favour, even if they hadn't said there'd be no DLC content (and I've only heard that second hand).

What about the Zelda DLC they hinted at?  I'll be interested to see what that looks like.

I can't watch the stream yet, so I don't know anything about that. But assuming that's exactly what it sounds like, SLW seems to be heading for "Sonic Nintendo World" or something, and that's... not all that great.

Edited by Frogging101

Where do I go to access this level? I've downloaded it but I'm not sure where it is on the map.

EDIT: Nintendo's eShop is confusing. Downloaded it for real now!

Edited by XD375 but Christmas-themed

Here is the direct video on NIntendos Youtube so I won't get pulled for content ID.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS_gYzv02SQ

Starts at 17:51

Confirms 2 pieces of DLC.

Edit: DLC Is One single level long... Christ...

Edit 2: Oh it's free, well thats not so bad I guess.

Pretty cute. The Yoshi and NiGHTS DLC has proven to be fun as a small aside. Hope Sega can continue with doing some minor crossover levels for free like this.

Do you find Sonic Lost World's later stages hard?

y0ZILiC.jpg

Triforce.

Sonic shall use the power of the triforce to fight against Ganadorf. 

Calling it now.

I'm pretty dang satisfied. Yoshi Story was a blast and this level is adorable.

Besides, the Nintendo influence in SLW is a bit better now since Sega seems to be self-aware of it enough to make dedicated DLC based on it. :v

SO WHEN IS THAT ZELDA DLC COMING SERIOUSLY ZELDA/SONIC CROSSOVER WHAT THE HELL LOL

• Thumbs Up 3

Can you guys just be happy with the fact that this is a really cool thing that is happening and not bitch about how this "feels wrong" or makes the game more like "Sonic Nintendo Adventure" or whatever because this is Sonic in hotdamned Yoshi's Island and alright I don't care this looks fun and i am satisfied.

Nobody is bitching in this topic except you :\

• Thumbs Up 2

>Generations, milestone celebration game that remakes past levels of Sonic games in the series, gets one pre-order pinball game DLC

>Lost World gets two Nintendo-themed free DLC full-fledged levels

Sega priorities for you.

On that note, anyone got a video of the one-act zone (Free or not free, why just one act instead of two-four? :/)

Do you find Sonic Lost World's later stages hard?

y0ZILiC.jpg

Triforce.

Holy crap I didn't see that in the video. Pretty clever.

This is so weird….but I love it. I hope to see more Add-Ons for this game in the future

With the patch, the Nightmare DLC, and the two Nintendo-themed DLC, I wonder if they're planning on bringing out a new "complete" edition of the game sometime?

Can you guys just be happy with the fact that this is a really cool thing that is happening and not bitch about how this "feels wrong" or makes the game more like "Sonic Nintendo Adventure" or whatever because this is Sonic in hotdamned Yoshi's Island and alright I don't care this looks fun and i am satisfied.

Of course it looks fun, but for people who are afraid Sonic is losing his identity, Nintendo crossover DLC in HIS game probably doesn't help much.  I'm sure there are fans who feel this effort would have been better spent on an original level that expands the world of Lost Hex in Sonic's own universe.

Not me of course, I'm happy to Yoshi it up, but it's a valid complaint for others.  Can't argue with free though.

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay so impressions:

• The music is really nice. Some good remixed tracks in there. 
  • Getting to the end with eggs nets you 1 extra life per egg.
  • Getting hit makes you lose your eggs and Yoshi coins (replacing rings)
  • Flowers appear instead of Red Star Rings.
  • Yoshi's Island style roulette game at the end. Not sure what happens if it lands on the flower.
  • Kinda difficult to get through without getting hit. To my knowledge you cant throw eggs.

Overall, neat and free. Go download it. 

I'd have been more excited about it, had Sonic not already borrowed from Mario in the main game, but it's cool that we're getting something. I hope it's better than the NiGHTS DLC...

Also, Zelda DLC? I wonder which Zelda has inspired its design. Wind Waker? Skyward Sword?

You don't think that they are dropping hints to the final Nintendo-exclusive Sonic title?