Awoo.

[Add-On] Yoshi's Island Zone

Debug Mode

I just gave it a whirl. It's pretty basic, but kind of cool for a freebie. It parks itself near to the NiGHTS DLC, with the same requirement for it reappear. Watch out for the odd Piranha Plant, sprouting with no warning! =P

So I downloaded it….How the hell do I get it to appear?

It should automatically install when you start LW... It did for me, anyway.

I just gave it a whirl. It's pretty basic, but kind of cool for a freebie. It parks itself near to the NiGHTS DLC, with the same requirement for it reappear. Watch out for the odd Piranha Plant, sprouting with no warning! =P

I never figured out how to get the Nights DLC stage to reappear... How do we get that done? (and for the Yoshi stage all I have to do is find a P Plant?)

So 100 collectibles give you a life again?

I never figured out how to get the Nights DLC stage to reappear... How do we get that done? (and for the Yoshi stage all I have to do is find a P Plant?)

You have to restart the game.

It appears that getting a flower at the end of the level multiplies the number of lives you collect for saving Yoshi's?

I finished the level with 63 lives, saved 12 Yoshi during the level and hit the flower. My life count shot up to 99.

• Thumbs Up 3

I was really shocked when they announced that it was available now, and I was still getting over it'd existence at all. One thing I noticed is that sonic's spindash doesn't have smoke trail when revving up in this level. Overall it's a pretty nifty freebie to waste a bit of time on.

How the fuck do you even access this

Download it from the eShop, when you turn on the game it'll ask you to update. When you update and you load the game, Yoshi's Island should appear in Windy Hill. 

How the fuck do you even access this

Ok, guys in order to access this, you have to go to the Eshop, find the Downloadable Content Tab for this game, download the latest Patch if you haven't already, and then start the game up.

If you did this right, the Download Screen should come up.

On the subject of DLC, how long do the codes last for? I got the game on release so I have the nights and the shopto codes, but I don't have the console yet, will they last at least till Christmas?

Thank you, I never would have thought to download the downloadable content I'm supposed to be downloading

I got a message saying that the add-on content had been installed so idk

Y'know, while I don't really care for most of Nintendo's brand, this is making me think they really should have more of a say in SEGA's game design in the future. Lost World's only been out about 2 months or so, and yet we already are getting a slew of DLC,  compared to the molasses-like rate we got stuff for Transformed (yes I know they're by Sumo, but I'm sure SEGA still oversees the process) and the total lack of stuff for Generations.

As for the DLC content itself, well, interesting. I guess they're doing crossover fever in an attempt to boost sales?

It's a neat little freebie, and I see this is Nintendo's own subtle way of advertising Yarn Yoshi for next year. Doesn't do a whole lot to extend the game's life, but any kind of extension Lost World can get is a good thing.

The level itself is quite fun, and like the NiGHTS DLC, it's all, more or less, a re-skin job, but it's done well. Kind of a shame it's a single stage, but it's free, so I can't complain too much about it. In a way, a more original level would've been better--something a little more "Sonic-y" but this is a Nintendo exclusive, and if Nintendo wants Nintendo-themed levels, there's probably not much SEGA can do about it. I'm quite looking forward to the Zelda-themed level (with some Black Knight flavor, I hope...?). Hopefully SEGA will find a way to fill up some more of the game's blank squares with original DLC that's more "Sonic-y" in the future; at least until the next major game drops.

I wonder if they chose Yoshi Island as the first "Nintendo DLC" because Oshima Naoto was the producer for Yoshi Island DS.

What, no.

Get 100.000 points and it'll return. In other words, beat any act. 

Ah, simple enough. Thanks.

compared to the molasses-like rate we got stuff for Transformed (yes I know they're by Sumo, but I'm sure SEGA still oversees the process) and the total lack of stuff for Generations.

Sumo may be slow with the DLC, but the sheer amount of characters they've poured in to date is fairly impressive. Their main problems seem to be these extras not making the jump to consoles, rather than anything else. I don't think its fair to lump them in with Sega and their next-to-none DLC attitude.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if they chose Yoshi Island as the first "Nintendo DLC" because Oshima Naoto was the producer for Yoshi Island DS.

Naoto Ōshima is a Japanese national and former Sega employee who designed and created the characters of Sonic the Hedgehog and Dr. Eggman.

That would make a lot more sense

On the subject of DLC, how long do the codes last for? I got the game on release so I have the nights and the shopto codes, but I don't have the console yet, will they last at least till Christmas?

Codes for content that comes with games pretty much never have a time limit on them.  They'll work as long as the eShop exists.