Awoo.

[Add-On] Yoshi's Island Zone

Debug Mode

Erm... where exactly is the level? I've downloaded and installed it, but I can't seem to find it. How stupid am I being?

EDIT: Yup, just seen a video which includes the map screen and for some reason it's not showing up in my game.

Edited by Blue Blood

It's a bit strange that the only way to kill the Piranha Plants is to kick Shy Guys into them. It didn't take too long to figure out but it could afford to be more intuitive.

I hope the upcoming Zelda level is bigger, or at least has some 3D bits in it, although I'm not counting on it.

I hope the upcoming Zelda level is bigger, or at least has some 3D bits in it, although I'm not counting on it.

I'm slightly thinking that the Zelda one might have some 3D in it, since the Zelda DLC wasn't ready for release alongside the Yoshi DLC, so I'm just assuming that it takes a bit more time to work on a 3D level compared to a 2D level. 

...Also wouldn't mind seeing Sonic fight Ganadorf and use the power of the triforce just for fun...but that's probably extremely out there. 

An Admin on the Sega Forums just made a Feedback Topic for the DLC:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?504652-Forum-Feedback-Sonic-Lost-World-Yoshi-s-Island-DLC-Update

There's already a few threads running about the Yoshi's Island DLC that was just announced and released following the Nintendo Direct earlier today. This is a bit different, I'm reading comments and hearing people talk about the update in the other threads, but I'd love to see it in a more visual digestible format, so I've started above poll.

Please take a chance to vote in the poll then optionally make a post about what you think. Please try and keep all comments constructive about both positive and negative sentiments. I'm suuuuuper keen on making it constructive, so any posts that don't meet this may be deleted at my discretion so we maintain a good discussion. 

What will this be used for? As with many of our updates, the community team does a coverage / sentiment report on how things are received across a wide range of sources. We're big on user feedback in the Community team - helping get your voice back into the larger discussion around our games and products is super important to us (we care!).

Why have we not done this before? Simply put, we do this constantly, but don't always have polls / threads to organize it. Never hurts to try something different.

Thanks for helping out!

Hm….

I got it as soon as I could...so short, yet so fun! At least I got a lil black bomb wisp for completing it, I needed one for a mission!
I'

This is really adorable and awesome, and totally unexpected ahaha.

Now give me an F-Zero stage

Sonic's not fast enough in this game, though. :v

• Thumbs Up 2

I honestly enjoyed this stage, and quite like seeing Mario and Sonic cross over. It's a nice little bit on the side, even though it had me constantly trying to throw the eggs.  It's nice to see SEGA and Nintendo working so closely together, and really makes me want to see a Mario and Sonic platformer in the future even more than I have done so already for years. The only problem is that SEGA are still going to efforts to make Sonic as much like Mario as possible.

But yeah, this is cool. Can't wait to see the Zelda DLC. It's all pretty surreal. A Sonic game, getting DLC based on Nintendo's flagship series? Sonic fighting off Piranha Plants and using Warp Pipes? Kinda love it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Apologies about the caps but

HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET PAST THAT LAST PIRANHA PLANT?!

Use the platforms to the left and take a running jump over it.

Or kick the shyguy into it.

Finally played it.  It was kinda fun, a good bit of silliness, though I admit it pretty much felt like playing a watered down Yoshi game than playing a Sonic level design.  You basically jump up blocky scenery, kick a few shyguys into pirahna plants, go around a very arbitrary loops... and then it's over.

Can you guys just be happy with the fact that this is a really cool thing that is happening and not bitch about how this "feels wrong" or makes the game more like "Sonic Nintendo Adventure" or whatever because this is Sonic in hotdamned Yoshi's Island and alright I don't care this looks fun and i am satisfied.

The first half of this sentence seriously reads like you're saying "Can you guys just not post unless you agree with me?". In addition to it being, in my opinion, just weird having Nintendo levels and characters in a Sonic game, it also puts forward some disturbing ideas about the level of involvement Nintendo has and may have in the future concerning the series. Posting about this is just as valid as posting about how one thinks it's so cool that it's happening.

• Thumbs Up 3

I admit I find the Yoshi connection a little odd and the Zelda one even moreso.  Like it IS cool but I will be seriously SERIOUSLY surprised if either franchise does any sort of Sonic related content at their end.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, I would have honestly preferred a playable Tails DLC, but at least Sonic Team is actually supporting this game with add-on content, which is a hell of a lot more that can be said than for Sonic Generations.

• Thumbs Up 3

I admit I find the Yoshi connection a little odd and the Zelda one even moreso.  Like it IS cool but I will be seriously SERIOUSLY surprised if either franchise does any sort of Sonic related content at their end.

tumblr_lher95ExPK1qdtw9eo1_400.png

About that...

• Thumbs Up 9

I think he meant content that isn't a cheap shot at the franchise. It's the least they can do, really.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think he meant content that isn't a cheap shot at the franchise. It's the least they can do, really.

Indy was being sarcastic. His post was in jest.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lol now SEGA is REALLY rubbing in the fact that yes, this game is more like Mario with speedy platforming Supah Mario Galaxyyy whoohoo elements!

Don't get me wrong, the Yoshi stage looks cute and colourful and I bet the Zelda one will be great too (why no DLC for Sonic Gens? D: ), but it's so strange to see a non Nintendo character blend in so well with the Ninty characters. It's like Sonic is Nintendo-ish now too...uh oh.

• Thumbs Up 2