Awoo.

[Add-On] Yoshi's Island Zone

Debug Mode

I'm honestly even more intrigued by the possibility of a Zelda stage because I have absolutely no idea what that could look like. I hope it's a 3D Dungeon though with some Hyrule Field stuff

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I'm disappointed about here is that you can't kick the eggs at enemies or something. Is there no way to defeat the Pirahna Plants aside from kicking Shy Guys at them? Oh, and needing to get a bunch of points to unlock it again, like the Nightmare DLC, is annoying, but eh.

Other than that, it's a cute little level. I look forward to the Zelda one, and I can't help but wonder if we'll get any more surprises...

• Thumbs Up 4

I really liked this stage. I would have never guessed in a million years that there would be a Yoshi's Island/Yoshi's Story stage as DLC for this game. I'm surprised there's even DLC, and I'm very thankful for that, especially since it's free. This really made my day, along with the other Nintendo Direct stuff.

I can't wait to see what else they'll do, hopefully there'll be more surprises like this along the line.

• Thumbs Up 5

I thought this was uber cute

Such a pleasant surprise, seriously. As far as I could tell I thought SLW was behind us, but I guess they still had a little extra to give which is totally fine by me. Was pretty blown away that Yoshi of all things would be the theme of this stage, but it wound up working extremely well with the tone Lost World has, and personally I thought Sonic fit right in with everything. I loved how the stage had it's own optional mission to collect all the eggs for an extremely handsome reward of 84902543 1-ups, something I would've killed for a few months ago when getting game over in the late-game.

I gotta say my favorite part was the blue warp pipes. When I first saw them it made me chuckle a bit with how tongue-in-cheek they kinda were. IDK maybe I'm over thinking it, but it just screamed "hey here's your Sonic+Mario game, even gave it the hedgehog paint job to match!" XD.

I really really look forward to the Zelda one. I'm like 99% sure it'll be Wind Waker based to match the vibrant Sonic Lost World atmosphere which might give me a heart attack in awesomeness. Giant twisting planetoids, themed in various Wind Waker goodness like Chu-Chus and pirate cannon ships, all floating over the Great Sea? HGNNNNNNNNNN

• Thumbs Up 8

The fact that they're still working on the Zelda DLC (and you'll most likely have to pay for that one) gives me hope for a way more grand level, even if it is just a single level. The idea of my two favorite franchises of all time inter-mixed in the same game makes me moist.

Also hearing dem Zelda remixes Sonic-ified.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the one thing I'm pretty "meh" about is the weird "Oh boy that was a fun stage! Get 100,000 points again if you want to ever see it again!" The thing is it's not too hard to get that in a level play or two, so why even bother? I noticed both this Yoshi one and the NiGHTS one are pretty generous with 1ups, so that might be why, but again it's so easy to get that much points already that it almost defeats the purpose.

I guess it's just annoying to me since when I like a stage a lot, I usually can expect to just play it whenever I want.

Considering there's no entry fee for Sky Road Extra, they're being pretty dense if they're limiting the DLC stages due to 1-Ups.

Also I think we're all missing the point on how Sonic is being a hypocritical little shit about the whole "Going Turbo" thing.

Wreck-It-Ralph-Sonic-reference.png

you bastard and your smug little grin like you're oh so smrt

But on the other hand, losing a life in Yoshi's Island doesn't kill Sonic eternally. Maybe he was mistaken/lying?

The fact that they're still working on the Zelda DLC (and you'll most likely have to pay for that one) gives me hope for a way more grand level, even if it is just a single level. The idea of my two favorite franchises of all time inter-mixed in the same game makes me moist.

Also hearing dem Zelda remixes Sonic-ified.

Oh man, I really hope you're wrong about having to pay for it. Otherwise, I'm just as exited as you are!

• Thumbs Up 2

This DLC made me laugh, I'm glad this is happening,I wish they did more than two.

Edit: Either we pay for it or not, i'm still excited.

I'd say that the aggravation of the people who have taken such umbrage to the DLC is an end in itself.  Hilarious stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Typical Sega Forums making complete fools of themselves as per usual. That place attracts all the crazies that's for sure,well at least just on the Sonic boards anyway.

Jeez this fandom can never be happy eh?

• Thumbs Up 3

Typical Sega Forums making complete fools of themselves as per usual. That place attracts all the crazies that's for sure,well at least just on the Sonic boards anyway. Jeez this fandom can never be happy eh?

Yeah they kinda are a crazy bunch that's why I don't go their that much anymore. But I digress that Yoshi Island Zone DLC looks anazing makes me wish for that mario/sonic platformer I always wanted. If where lucky 3D world will have a sonic themed DLC

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Sonic died last night and went to pay his respects to himself.

Sonic: Things just won't be the same without...me, I guess...wait a minute, my birthday's on the 23rd! What the hell?

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally im kind of glad sega is making the most of this nintendo exclusivity deal, alot of people seem to forget about the fact that this game is part of the exclusives and it makes sense that they would make the DLC so I don't know why so many people are taking offense to it (not to mention, its free and who doesn't like yoshi?).

I was reading the comments on the the SEGA Blogs. Here's my favourite:

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Sonic died last night and went to pay his respects to himself.

Blue Blood, you're such a silly guy. Didn't you notice the original Sonic logo on the tombstone? Modern Sonic's clearly paying respects to his younger self from the Genesis games! Born in 1991, disappeared in 1998, briefly resurfaced in 2011, and died in 2013! It makes perfect sense! tongue.png

I fully understand people not liking Lost World, not liking the Mario influence on the series and not liking the idea of Nintendo-theme DLC. I'm definitely in the boat that doesn't want to see Sonic become a Mario clone and I'm seriously worried about where the franchise is headed. But for the love of God, this DLC is not something to twist your knickers over. It's a bit of fun, and a symbol of how Nintendo and SEGA are working closely with each other now. I don't think that's a bad thing.

The reactions of some people just baffle me. Really

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is first Sonic game released on a Nintendo platform after Sega goes third-party following DC’s discontinuation.

Sonic stars in several Nintendo exclusive Sonic games afterwards-Advance series for GBA, Rush series for DS, Storybook series and Colors for Wii, and Dimps’s handheld versions of console games starting with Colors for (3)DS).

Sonic is also added as a guest fighter in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and SSB4.

Apparently all of the above are OK, but a three-game exclusive Nintendo partnership which lasts for a grand total of two years (we’ve already got two out of three released already this year with the last slated to be released next year) is crossing the line, and free Nintendo franchise-themed DLC for one of these Nintendo-exclusive Sonic games as a means to take advantage of this partnership is crossing the line a second time.

Can’t argue with that logic.

• Thumbs Up 3

How do you see that? looks nothing like Ganon, at least I think so

Go back and watch the Desert Ruins Boss Fight and look at the features of the Head both before and after its changes shape. Then look at Ganondorf's face.

Also, look at Zomom's stationary position on the forehead, the same as where the jewel is.

I have to say, that was a clever Easter Egg.

My reaction to Sonic in Yoshi's Island...

It's rather fitting, really... since Lost World was heavily influenced by Mario in the first place. I mean SURE! Why not throw Sonic into Yoshi's Island. ugh...

Honestly, it's cool... but it annoys me at the same time. Sonic is losing his identity, and that's no good.

My feelings in video form,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE62KpCebnY

• Thumbs Up 1