Awoo.

[Add-On] Yoshi's Island Zone

Debug Mode

None that I've heard.  It appears to be Wii U only.  3DS didn't get the Nightmare DLC either, so I'm not expecting it.

Yeah, don't get your hopes up.  Shame too because if the trend of what consoles people own is anything to go by, the 3DS version probably has a bigger userbase.

If this was on ANY other of the 2 platforms and Sony/Microsoft released a free DLC based on one of their IPs like Rachet & Clank or Banjo & Kazooie, how would people be reacting? The same? 

I think this Yoshi's Island themed level is kinda neat and I think a Ratchet and Clank themed level would also be kinda neat? Everything has some sort of console war undertone in your eyes.

The only reason why this DLC is even being labeled as an issue is because the game is already so obviously inspired by Mario. People are worried that Sonic is losing his sense of identity.

Let's be real for a second. If this was just a brand new Sonic based level (and not some Nintendo IP) way more people would be interested and/or excited. I know I would.

Yeah, don't get your hopes up.  Shame too because if the trend of what consoles people own is anything to go by, the 3DS version probably has a bigger userbase.

Well, perhaps that's the reason why the Wii U version is getting more content - to make the Wii U version a more enticing purchase.  The 3DS version presumably doesn't need the help (at least, not more than the Wii U version).  Although it's also possible that DIMPS is busy, I suppose.

I think this Yoshi's Island themed level is kinda neat and I think a Ratchet and Clank themed level would also be kinda neat? Everything has some sort of console war undertone in your eyes.

The only reason why this DLC is even being labeled as an issue is because the game is already so obviously inspired by Mario. People are worried that Sonic is losing his sense of identity.

Let's be real for a second. If this was just a brand new Sonic based level (and not some Nintendo IP) way more people would be interested and/or excited. I know I would.

The game may well be Mario-inspired, but the DLC so far isn't.  Yoshi's Island is a step away from Mario already, and Zelda is a whole different kettle of fish.  The DLC is more "Nintendo-inspired," which is perhaps playing on the prominent fact that the game is part of a Nintendo-exclusive series.  So I would guess that they're trying to curry favour with the subset of Nintendo fans who own a Wii U but perhaps don't already own the game, rather than those Sonic fans who'd happily buy the game but who perhaps don't already own a Wii U.  It would've been very interesting to see how people would have responded if the Zelda DLC had come out with or before the Yoshi's Island DLC.

Small thing I noticed while playing this level, not sure if it happens in other level music but out of nowhere it seems like someone said "Yo" or "hey" and they did not sound like they were part of the music. Am I the only one?

Small thing I noticed while playing this level, not sure if it happens in other level music but out of nowhere it seems like someone said "Yo" or "hey" and they did not sound like they were part of the music. Am I the only one?

That's most likely the Shy Guys. If you played Yoshi's Island before, you'll kinda know that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77g1wLD98d4

Sonic and the gang has apparently been taking some hard drugs.

Dem graphics though.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the Yoshi's Island DLC, with all the little details and such. My only complaint is that there was no fuzzy to touch, so you can't get dizzy.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe there was a really high download rate for the Yoshi's Island DLC, so even without making a single penny from it Nintendo's considering funding more simply because it's popular.  Just a thought.