Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I just had a thought. 

BoLTv9aIcAEfbgB.jpg

To the right of this scan here. Is that a floating island falling to the ground? 

And to the left of that pic is a lava level, where I am guessing Valga will fight you. 

Speaking of it. It seems like our villainess Shia is trying to summon something in the game, according to these shots with a portal behind her. I'm guessing this is the part where we find out she is under some spell by the true main bad guy. 

BoLTchgIYAA0LEG.jpg

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that Wizzro may actually be a general of sort judging by that screenshot below where it highlights him.

I just had a thought. 

BoLTv9aIcAEfbgB.jpg

To the right of this scan here. Is that a floating island falling to the ground? 

And to the left of that pic is a lava level, where I am guessing Valga will fight you. 

Speaking of it. It seems like our villainess Shia is trying to summon something in the game, according to these shots with a portal behind her. I'm guessing this is the part where we find out she is under some spell by the true main bad guy. 

BoLTchgIYAA0LEG.jpg

Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that Wizzro may actually be a general of sort judging by that screenshot below where it highlights him.

Well, the warriors games do have general commander classes, Orochi had two badguy types, slender small guy and big giant boar brute. Wizzro is easily a type of repeating midlevel commander  

Also does that portal give anyone else a Twilight Realm vibe

Oh wow, I just noticed. Valga has a mane like Volvalgia. It's the little stuff sometimes. 

Well, the warriors games do have general commander classes, Orochi had two badguy types, slender small guy and big giant boar brute. Wizzro is easily a type of repeating midlevel commander  

Also does that portal give anyone else a Twilight Realm vibe

Someone over at Zelda Universe suggested the same thing. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me, but its a bit too early to speculate on that at this point. E3 is just around the corner, we're bound to get a lot more info there.

Chick witch reminds me of Veran so I am pretty a-okay with her design.

Veran was my first thought as well. As long as extra "fanservice" designs aren't common place and only very few characters have such a look I'll be fine. I certainly don't want to see traditional Zelda characters that don't dress that way suddenly being dressed that way, though.

Veran was my first thought as well. As long as extra "fanservice" designs aren't common place and only very few characters have such a look I'll be fine. I certainly don't want to see traditional Zelda characters that don't dress that way suddenly being dressed that way, though.

Well, I'll tell you this, our chances of seeing the Gerudos, a form of the great fairy(and I don't  mean the wind waker one), and possibly a new version of Midna's true form is extremely likely 

and I wouldn't be surprised if we got more prominently featured Zoras

On the other hand though, all the characters do feel like they work in the LOZ universe, albeit in this continuities style

Well, I'll tell you this, our chances of seeing the Gerudos, a form of the great fairy(and I don't  mean the wind waker one), and possibly a new version of Midna's true form is extremely likely 

and I wouldn't be surprised if we got more prominently featured Zoras

On the other hand though, all the characters do feel like they work in the LOZ universe, albeit in this continuities style

I feel that they work in general after seeing all the comparisons, honestly. They felt out of place at first, but after realizing how much detail was really put into them, I've had second thoughts about it.

Constantly throughout the series we have some sort of monstrous beast-like creature, then in a prequel we see what that creature looked like before being transformed into a monster. Its a very common theme really and started off right from the very main antagonist Ganondorf himself.

ok you guys, one useful thing came out of this, is that there is another tidbit of info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZIfUwuWSTqw

ITS GOING TO BE PLAYABLE AT E3! all the other analysis we've done but better

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, so mods please don't kill me for double posting, but we got a couple more extremely interesting factoids from the magazine, like what kicks off the plot

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228770-hyrule-warriors-few-more-details

Hyrule Warriors - few more details

May 21, 2014 by NintenDaan | Comments: 3 | Show/Hide

- Online article is only an excerpt of the magazine stuff.
- In the games' universe, Shia is a witch who was responsible for protecting the equilibrium of the Triforce. However, she has a crush on Link, a soldier in training, and grows jealous of his relationship with the Princess Zelda. Shia becomes overcome by wickedness and with her two minions, Valga & Wizro in tow, she throws Hyrule into a state of chaos.
- Also seems to confirm the chain mail is Link's solider-in-training gear.

Please tell me that's a mistranslation, because it sounds horrible.

We get a main female villain that isn't workng for someone else (Veran) and ends up being usurped by some guy (Twinrova, I guess; ALBW spoilers) and we're doing a stupid jealousy plot line?

Come on...

Well you can't say it wasn't going to happen sooner or later with how fabulous link is, only rivaled by his most hated enemy marth.

Also, I still wouldn't rule out characters from previous games, however they will probably be bonus/post-main game characters, as its been stated they have stuffed in a TON of playable characters

and in regards to them using new characters in the story means they don't have to conform to preconceived character standards

Please tell me that's a mistranslation, because it sounds horrible.

We get a main female villain that isn't workng for someone else (Veran) and ends up being usurped by some guy (Twinrova, I guess; ALBW spoilers) and we're doing a stupid jealousy plot line?

Come on...

Team Ninja aren't the most inspired when it comes to making female characters... 

Just repeat in your mind: "It's just a spin-off."

Team Ninja aren't the most inspired when it comes to making female characters... 

Just repeat in your mind: "It's just a spin-off."

Ya, do realize its Team Omega and the Main Zelda Guy behind the story right? Team Ninja is just to speed things up with additional development support in the model/game mechanics area, they have no control of development. This IS Team Omega's game and series

Pff, I think it's kinda cute.

I can't say I care that it's a spin-off either, I mean...it's an action-adventure game with colourful visuals. At least it's not another Twilight Princess-type setting, right?

• Thumbs Up 2

Not gonna lie I think it's kinda cute too, and it implies that Shia will probably end up as an anti-hero or a hero in some aspect.

Also a kinda silly plot like that goes hand in hand with the fact that it's a high-octane hack 'n' slash spinoff which I highly doubt they expect anyone to take really seriously. Dynasty Warriors games aren't exactly known for their seriousness. Of course I assume there's a bit more to the plot than that, but from point one I seriously expected the plot to be nothing but "excuses to beat up hordes of enemies: the game"

• Thumbs Up 5

Ya, do realize its Team Omega and the Main Zelda Guy behind the story right? Team Ninja is just to speed things up with additional development support in the model/game mechanics area, they have no control of development. This IS Team Omega's game and series

His name is Aonuma. And yes, I just remembered that. Ah well; though he doesn't seem to have a big role outside of "supervisor" for this game. He might be too busy with Zelda Wii U. 

As for Team Omega; you got me there. I'm not familiar with most of their work for sure, but they still don't seem to be the best story writers.

His name is Aonuma. And yes, I just remembered that. Ah well; though he doesn't seem to have a big role outside of "supervisor" for this game. He might be too busy with Zelda Wii U. 

As for Team Omega; you got me there. I'm not familiar with most of their work for sure, but they still don't seem to be the best story writers.

Admittedly the warriors series uses the plot generaly as a reason to get all the characters together, in orochi warriors 3 hyper, there is a 8-headed hydra, that breaks time, but a mystic that allows you to time travel back to right after that point, then you recruit one of the bader guys to take you further back, and it turns out the Hydra is a split up version of the big baddy himself. oh and Achilles, Nemea, Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, Arayne from DOA, and Joan of Arc show up for some reason too 

Its not super duper deep, but the stories do work within the basis of their origins, characters are generaly true to their original depictions(Achilles is a blood hungry jerk, Joan is a saint), and the overall story makes sense context, just don't expect War and Peace here

But like I said, Team Omega's really good with their source material, does solid characterization(when its relavent in cutscenes and chatter), and makes things work well together, I'm not too worried about them respecting the material, but do expect the female fetales/assassins or those who already have them to have big boobs, but not to the point where they would fall over. Definitely expecting to see the Gerudos and the Great Fairy though, they love their warrior women

also that reminds me, I'll get those roster pics up soon

That plot sounds ridiculously stupid. Saturday morning cartoon level shit right there. 

I can only hope that Zelda U is actually serious, because the more I hear about this game, the less interested I become.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just want the game to control smoothly and be extremely fun with loads of content. This isn't the type of game I expect to see for a gripping story, especially when it's only a spin-off.

I kinda expected this game to have either no plot at all or an over the top, kind of stupid as hell plot, so I'm alright with this.

I mean, Link mowing down hundreds of enemies in over the top ways to a goddamn rock remix of Zelda's main theme didn't exactly inspire Majora's Mask level storytelling. :P

• Thumbs Up 4

Are people really expecting a deep plot? People will more then likely play this game to play as zelda characters in a mindless hack and slash.

Disappointed about the plot, not gonna lie. I expect something better from the Zelda franchise nowadays even if it is a spin-off.

Are people really expecting a deep plot? People will more then likely play this game to play as zelda characters in a mindless hack and slash.

So my disappointment with a premise I find to be stupid is equivalent to expecting a Shakespearean epic? 

Excuse me for having expectations. 

• Thumbs Up 1