Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I'm expecting something more serious from mainline Zelda, but for now, something over the top and dumb as hell for a Zelda spinoff sounds different enough to be interesting. I mean, Zelda's done serious well enough before. This could be fun.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ehhh this could be really bad or just fine but it depends how they handle the writing and how likeable the characters are and stuff I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

So my disappointment with a premise I find to be stupid is equivalent to expecting a Shakespearean epic?

Excuse me for having expectations.

It's not just you. I've been seeing this on several other boards.

Are people really expecting a deep plot? People will more then likely play this game to play as zelda characters in a mindless hack and slash.

actualy warriors games have ok plots for the most part, that's just the beginning, they usualy build stories around relationships actualy(feudal japan and china remember), but ya isn't normaly super deep and analytical either

so those roster pics I promised from warriors orochi 3 Hyper, sorry about not having the actual pics showing, but SSMB doesn't support the extension, and I don't have have the time to rehost them(or a good site to use), if someone else wants to and/or combine them, feel free you have my permission

Tried to get a decent sample, but there are more than 130 characters

here is the main female I use in normal, and the alt I usually use, I've leveled her up so high the special attack with those hoops are nearly instant death for minions XD

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR8_uvk2Bv-Zes

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR9AccYR1BwigP

see, realitively non-fan servicy woman, the roster is about 2/3s armored/ full clothing woman, and the rest on the more fanservicy side are the ninja's and assassins mainly, and the main villain of course

Here are some males, I tried to get some that the ladies might think are fanservicey but how am I supposed ta know?!

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR9BpEULTvhrYi

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR9BslYhPD65O3

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR9BujcPjlwqQn

Female Fan-service-ish, but ninja

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR9BwMs-J_fQDg

And the villain-ness, the HW one is nothing new

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR9Bx1wcOZsDyQ

But her tag-along admirer(don't ask me why, I don't get Japanese stuff) is dressed appropriately

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR9BzqAUZ4XX01

then again it is proably a 13 year old

And Achilles! Because you don't mess with Achilles!

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR9BqtIh0l6kSn

and that's just a sampling of the 130+ characters in the roster

It's not just you. I've been seeing this everywhere.

Okay? So what? 

It's a lame premise. Sorry that people don't really like the idea of love triangle cartoon Zelda. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay? So what? 

It's a lame premise. Sorry that people don't really like the idea of love triangle cartoon Zelda.

And that's fine. I'm only stating my views on it.

I'm not in love with the plot either. I can only hope that the characters can make up for it. 

The game’s storyline revolves around Hyrule once again being besieged by evil forces, with Princess Zelda invariably ending up imprisoned and in need of rescuing. At the center of this trouble is Shia, a witch who was once tasked with maintaining the balance of the Triforce. Although once a good person, Shia came to harbor affections for a hero, which in turn transformed into jealousy towards Zelda for being able to be with him.

Eventually, Shia finds her mind hijacked by the thoughts of an evil being that was once sealed away, leading her to bring disaster to the kingdom. The hero she fell for, as it turns out, is Link, and she now stands in opposition to him with comrades Valga and Wiz at her side, setting into motion another conflict with Hyrule at its epicenter.

So Booby Witch doesn't turn evil because she was jealous, she turns evil because the God of Middle School Love Triforces brainwashes her into doing bad things.

yeah I think I'm just gonna skip this one

..."love triangle Zelda"? Am I missing something here? Because I swear they already did that in Skyward Sword. o.o

That summary makes Shia sound significantly less petty, at the very least.

• Thumbs Up 3

So Booby Witch doesn't turn evil because she was jealous, she turns evil because the God of Middle School Love Triforces brainwashes her into doing bad things.

yeah I think I'm just gonna skip this one

You know mate, while I'm no fan of the plot, there is a second half too. 

You know mate, while I'm no fan of the plot, there is a second half too. 

Of course, but with a premise like that I'm not exactly sure it'll be very good.

I only care about the gameplay. I swear people are overreacting to a non issue.

Gameplay's not the only thing I care about.

I understand being dissapointed in how the premise sounds, considering the whole love triangle thing, but it's not like it's ount of line tone wise with what we've seen with the game so far. People hoping for something "serious" were kinda setting themselves up for dissapointment.

• Thumbs Up 1

....The fuck are love triangles doing in my Zelda?

Dude come on. Triangles have been ALL OVER THE ZELDA GAMES

TriForceYellowSS.png

Well this is an incredibly negative spin on it? Tragic love stories that spiral into kingdom ending disaster arent exactly new or completley shallow you know. Besides arent you the one always asking for Zelda to have more emotional depth? But then completley write it off because it "doesnt fit" in the cartoony world of Zelda?

• Thumbs Up 7

Dude come on. Triangles have been ALL OVER THE ZELDA GAMES

TriForceYellowSS.png

I knew there was a reason Ganondorf was always taking Zelda, the mystery revealed.

Anyway, premise sounds like a generic harem anime plot, so I'll probably tolerate it more than most, but yea that's kind of out of left field for this series.

Well this is an incredibly negative spin on it? Tragic love stories that spiral into kingdom ending disaster arent exactly new or completley shallow you know. Besides arent you the one always asking for Zelda to have more emotional depth? But then completley write it off because it "doesnt fit" in the cartoony world of Zelda?

The thing is, love triangles tend to be poorly handled in most plots, not just video games mostly because they're on of the most arbitrary and artificial plot ideas. 

And in this case, having a love triangle be the main reason the story is happening is just awkward in this case. We know very little about the world, or the characters, we have no reason to really be emotionally attached to anyone in this game outside of Link, Zelda, and Impa. And even then, they're incarnations of the other ones, so we can't fully rely on their presence. Not to mention, what worth does this give Shia as a character outside of the, "Unwanted Love Interest Plot"? It's silly and arbitrary overall.

And I don't exactly blame Discoid for not being interested in gameplay alone. Warriors games usually focus on campaigns and characters. There's no history of online multiplayer replayability to help the gameplay aspect (outside of one game) which is very repetitive after a short while.

Kind of feel as though the assumptions here are a bit baseless, we've really only heard or seen much of the game yet so maybe waiting for more story and gameplay details would be a good idea instead of saying its dead in the water when its barely had time to swim.

High school anime melodrama is "emotional depth"? Anime Booby Girls being jealous of the protagonist doesn't shout "tragic love story" to me, it sounds more like a bad harem anime.

I just find it hilarious we somehow went from" girl likes Link to the point of jealousy and has to pay a steep price for doing so" to "every female character wants Link's dick and has a no personality despite knowing near bugger all about said character(s)"

There's just quite a leap in logic for what im reading here.

I just find it hilarious we somehow went from" girl likes Link to the point of jealousy and has to pay a steep price for doing so" to "every female character wants Link's dick and has a no personality despite knowing bugger all about said character(s)"

There's just quite a leap in logic for what im reading here.

The plural on "girls" was a typo, but as of now we know that both Zelda and Booby Witch want to get in his pants. Literally the only things we know about this character is that she looks like a super sexualized bondage slave and has the hots for Link. They found this to be the most important thing to talk about when asked about plot.

Also, the last Team Ninja collaboration was a sexist piece of trash, so yeah, my expectations aren't high.

People who thought that this game would have a great plot were honestly expecting too much. DW games have decent stories occasionally, but it's never been anything to write home about. The series focuses on gameplay, and that's where this game will shine.