Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I really like the blue accents and the scarf. They just make the whole design for me.

Yeah, same. I'd noticed the blue around his boots and gloves, but not the actual scarf. It just works so well with his design that it wasn't even obviously noticeable. I would definitely be pleased to see it, or something very similar, in the actual Zelda U title.

Holy shit guys, finally something interesting is getting done with the franchise.

This looks too good, I've always wanted something like this.

I'm (still) playing A Link to the Past, and I've been annoyed at an overworld full of homicidal knights as ubiquitous as ants coming after me while all I have is a toothpick sword. Then I remembered Twilight Princess, and how I couldn't get past the fact that I felt I wasn't in as interesting of battles as SS Link was. For awhile, I kept thinking "Since motion controls are out, I hope we get some combat that's cooler than the standard. <<+"

And then this game came and made it all better! 8D

The scarf seriously reminds me of Link's ancestor from the Skyward Sword prequel manga in the Hyrule Historia - and that design was badass, as is this one.

Not a massive Zelda fan, and I've never played Dynasty Warriors - but hot damn, this is looking too good to pass up.

This is very interesting. Im glad they announced that this isn't Zelda's main Wii U title, but it does sure look very interesting! Hopefully this breaks the whole, only first party Zelda games are good. *Glares at the CDI games* 

The thing I like about this idea is we actually get to see a full-blown war battle in a Zelda game, something we've been missing for a long time. There's so much potential for that kind of thing its sad.

So I'm psyched for this. Moreso if they add a variety of playable characters. They can do more if they ignore timelines in this game.

Here's some potentials:

Zelda

Ganondorf

Impa (the younger Impa of course, not the older one)

^ The obvious choices.

Other possibilities:

The Seven Sages (OoT; I think any of them would work, yes even Saria if they utilized her correctly)

Malon (tweak her a bit and give her a bow; she's recurring enough to be a good choice if they pick the older one)

Ashei, Shad, Rusl, and/or Auru (again, if they ignore timelines)

Sheik (mostlikely an alternate form of Zelda)

Depending on the story they go with this one, though, it may be confined to a specific time. My current thought is a followup or prequel to Skyward Sword, based on the enemy designs. But that Dodongo looks more like King Dodongo from OoT.

My preference would be an almost direct prequel to OoT, though. It certainly looks like Link is a Hylian Knight in this one, and I always pictured Link's daddy from OoT as being a Hylian Knight slain in battle. That could also give good reason for Ganondorf to be playable; it'd be a prequel before Ganondorf betrays Hyrule. Impa and Darunia from OoT would also be younger (whereas possibilities such as Malon and Ruto would no longer work; Nabooru is questionable depending on how old she is in OoT).

Link's "mother" from OoT could potentially be playable, too, if that was the case, but then they'd have to create her.

Huh, interesting. A Combat focused Zelda is something I've been wanting for a long time so I'm definitely gonna check this out. The visuals are amazing tho, and Link's cape is baaaadaassss.

If this game attempts to fit into continuity at all, it'd make sense for it to take place in the period between Skyward Sword and Minish Cap, when there was apparently a war over the Triforce every fifteen minutes until Rauru sealed it away. That'd at least fit in with the SS-style bokoblins (which were clearly an aesthetic choice and not just an excuse to recycle, definitely).

...but it'd be downright weird to do a big-deal crossover spinoff like this without being able to put Ganon in it, so some kind of crazy composite setting is more likely and would probably make for a better game. I'd kill for the chance to play as Midna or Vaati or Yuga.

I see a lot of people complaining about the visuals but they're pretty much the standard for Dynasty Warriors. The series is more well known for its gameplay rather than graphical fidelity. 

I'm (still) playing A Link to the Past, and I've been annoyed at an overworld full of homicidal knights as ubiquitous as ants coming after me while all I have is a toothpick sword.

Stun em' with your boomerang first. 

I'm gonna be disappointed when the next Link design isn't nearly as good as this one. 

I know nothing about Zelda, but watched the trailer. The one thing I'll say is it looks really unimpressive graphically.

It's rendering a lot of things on screen at once, so I'm not expecting it to look nearly as good as some of the other games on the system.

With that said, it's prudent to remember that this is still early in development. Its name is still tentative.

Stun em' with your boomerang first. 

I totally do that as often as possible, but it's awkward when there's enemies approaching from multiple sides. It's also hilarious when I forget to switch back to the boomerang in the first place. 8P

This game all my feels….as a big fan of both franchises I welcome this collab. I saw that Zora armor link in the trailer and fell in love again.

I totally do that as often as possible, but it's awkward when there's enemies approaching from multiple sides. It's also hilarious when I forget to switch back to the boomerang in the first place. 8P

My advice? Forget the boomerang/ sword combo entirely and use the bow.

Let's hope they don't make Cucoos enemies. wink.png

But seriously, I wasn't much of a fan of Dynasty Warriors because it seemed repetitive the last time I played it...years ago before the 360PS3 era. Now this comes along and catches my eye because it's Zelda, a series that I actually like.

Keepin an eye on this one.

Edit: Guys! GUYS! If Zelda, why not her too?

Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_Sheik_01.jpg

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit this looks rad as fuck. Like I don't know nothing about no Dynasty Warriors, but I usually like Zelda well enough, and loves me a good action game, so... yeah.

Let me see some screens of Ganondorf and I'll preorder instantly. Oh what am I kidding, this game looks fucking sexy as all hell.

At first I thought this was the next main Zelda title and I was a bit worried, but since it's a spin-off in a way, I'm excited! Link looks to be very flexible with his moveset and the combat looks like it flows real nice too! Ugh, now all I need is a Wii U.

Edit: Guys! GUYS! If Zelda, why not her too?

Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_Sheik_01.jpg

Does every Zelda also have to be Sheik? Being a secret ninja isn't an essential aspect of Zelda's character, it's something that only happened once. Unless this game involves some kind of timeline clusterfuck and pulls the actual OoT Zelda into things, I'd really rather they didn't have Sheik. Zelda can wreck plenty of shit with magic, and if they feel the need to have a Sheikah warrior, they can make an Impa or something.

Does every Zelda also have to be Sheik? Being a secret ninja isn't an essential aspect of Zelda's character, it's something that only happened once. Unless this game involves some kind of timeline clusterfuck and pulls the actual OoT Zelda into things, I'd really rather they didn't have Sheik. Zelda can wreck plenty of shit with magic, and if they feel the need to have a Sheikah warrior, they can make an Impa or something. 

And the problem with her is, what exactly?

I said that for a fun hack and slash game in Dynasty Warrior style, not about story. And we don't even know anything about the story to make that assessment over anyone but Link and possibly Zelda, and I fail to see why we should care at the moment. 

Dynasty Warriors is NOTORIOUS for having a lot of alt costumes so I wouldn't doubt seeing Shiek as one.

Since Dynasty/Pirate/Gundam Warriors games are known to have large playable casts, I'm kinda hoping it's some sort of non-canon, light-on-story, composite universe, so we can have an anachronistic playable roster with characters and Link/Zelda/Ganon incarnations throughout the series history. Come ON, how cool would that be? 

Alongside Link and Zelda, there can be The MM Mask Forms, Toon Link, Sheik and Tetra. Assist characters and NPCs like Midna. Fi, The Seven Sages, Groose etc can be playable. The possibilities are endless.

^ That's kinda what I'm thinking. Something that incorporates a lot of playable characters from the whole series.

The one thing I don't like is that people keep claiming this is a crossover. As far as I've seen so far, its NOT a crossover. Its a Legend of Zelda game done in Dynasty Warriors style. It would only be a crossover if it featured both Zelda and Dynasty Warriors characters and themes, and so far that remains to be seen.

On another note, so far this game DOES appear to be bringing elements from numerous different games together, so I kinda doubt its set in one timeline. Right in one trailer we see TP Hyrule Field, SS Bokoblins and Lizalfos (my favorite Lizalfos by far; could care less for the SS Bokoblins though), and OoT King Dodongo. So yeah, I'm starting to doubt that there's going to be some sort of coherent storyline here and its just a miss-mash of Zelda in general.

• Thumbs Up 2

Assist characters and NPCs like Midna.

Fuck no! I want Midna playable dammit!

We have Rosalina in Smash bros, we can have Midna in Hyrule Warriors. Okay, that's not a fair assessment, but you get what I'm saying.