Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

It's Argorok from Twilight Princess.

That was my first thought, but I couldn't remember the name of the boss. Thanks for that.

This game is clearly drawing inspiration from everywhere, though. OOT/MM Stalchids, King Dodongo, TP Stalfos/Argorok, world appears to be a mix between OOT and TP, SS Bokoblins and Lizalfos, main antagonists based on/inspired by/literally are human versions of OOT bosses, etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

Me : she wants Link's ass

My friend : there's a lot of people who want Link's ass

My friend : me included

Well, that was certainly fast.

lolqjszc.png

Oh great. Now I have to like this game.

I am so, so confused. What?

I'm not sure who this guy is but if he's talking about demography I think he's missing the point completely.

lolqjszc.png

Context here. Who's this guy and why do you have to like the game now because he said this?

lolqjszc.png

Damn it Carbo, now I'm conflicted for the same reason. :V

For those who don't know - Kuchera's a loudmouth idiot who works for Polygon. Polygon's infamous for being a Microsoft shill. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Hack writer who used to be on Penny-Arcade Report until he moved to Polygon. You might remember him from infamous dud articles like saying the Xbox One backlash didn't matter, and the recent, hilariously inept article about Mario Kart 8 selling like crap where he proved his lack of basic understanding when it comes to graph usage and cited VGChartz as a source.

Is also a socially conscious fuck on Twitter.

Oh yeah I know those articles. He wrote them? I can see why you think his opinions are terrible then :v

Also "socially conscious fuck"?

Okay, first off...BOOBIES!

Second, I wasn't interesting in this game before, but now I'm starting to get interested.

Ben Kuchera is also particularly infamous for making social justice look idiotic. David Jaffe actually reamed him over it once.

Anyone know more about the character in the red whose name I don't know? I seriously want to know if he'll be the melee oriented man of the game since he doesn't have a weapon on his renders and his design reminds me of Captain Falcon for some reason.

EDIT; Dammit, checked the site. "ENEMY". Hopefully this game will let you play as enemies.

Villian commanders, both major and minor are playable in Warriors game either late story, or post story, I don't expect this will be any different 

Villian commanders, both major and minor are playable in Warriors game either late story, or post story, I don't expect this will be any different 

That's kinda what I anticipated. I figured villains would be playable at a certain point and would be unlockable in non-story modes as well.

I'm still thinking of pirate warriors in terms of characters, then again, only like 12 characters were playable in that right? 2 added waaaaaay more.

Oh, you guys, here is what Team Ninja are on board for, they are actualy here for developing the one on one gameplay

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=228888

Aonuma says Hyrule Warriors is part of his plan to have Zelda titles break traditions

May 22, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

Coming from a Famitsu interview with Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma and Tecmo Koei producers Hisashi Koinuma and Yosuke Hayashi...

- both the game and the development team constitute a collaboration of sorts
- the main programmer on Hyrule Warriors is a staff member from Team Ninja
- the main planner served the same role in Omega Force’s development of One Piece: Pirate Warriors
- the director has a background in the Dynasty Warriors series
- this is the first time that Team Ninja and Omega Force have worked together
- this is something they’ve wanted to do for a while, but never had the chance to

“When it comes to getting a good feeling out of beating down enemies, Omega Force, who develop the Dynasty Warriors games, would surely have an edge in that department. However, as far as one-to-one combat goes, I felt that that Team Ninja, who worked on the Dead or Alive series, could also come up with something good. So, we just decided ‘let’s just mix them together!’” - Koinuma
“When we first began working on the plans [for the game], there were many things that we couldn’t decide on from within our company alone, so we often went to Nintendo and also consulted with Aonuma for the more detailed parts. As this process went on, we were able to see a fine line between what we could and couldn’t do with Hyrule Warriors. It got to the point where we and Aonuma reached a common understanding of what we could do with Hyrule Warriors, and from there, development really really sped up.” - Hayashi
“The Legend of Zelda has a history of 27 years, and the way it is played has already been well-established. So at first, we went in the direction of wanting to make something that could follow the way The Legend of Zelda is played. However, that is something you could experience by playing any game of The Legend of Zelda series, and even if we could imitate the surface of it, it’s not something we could actually make. In the end, we realized that it would be best to make a Warriors title that has elements from The Legend of Zelda series.

There wouldn’t be a reason for making it a Warriors [game] otherwise, right? I wanted Tecmo Koei to make a Zelda game that I can’t make. And for this reason, I asked them to ‘give it more of a Warriors approach’.” - Aonuma
Link

and its a programmer

I would say "oh boy here we go again" but I bet Aonuma has a much more free relationship with them than Sakamoto. 

Huh. So Team Ninja is involved in order to refine the one-on-one combat, since they made the Ninja Gaiden games? Well, I sure as hell ain't complaining.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh you guys, this is interesting

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228893-hyrule-warriors-more-story-information

Hyrule Warriors - more story information

May 22, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy | Comments: 0 | Show/Hide

This comes from the 'Intro' section on the official Japanese website...

Introduction

A Great Warrior In The Zelda Universe!

Experience a new 'battle action game', born from a collaboration between Nintendo's puzzle-solving adventure game series 'The Legend of Zelda' and Tecmo Koei's 'Musou' series.

Starting with Link, players will be able to experience the game as numerous Zelda series characters set on familiar series locations.

Link Makes Light Work Of Problems!

Enjoy action not seen in most Zelda series' games as Link takes down large groups of enemies in Musou series' tradition as a 'Great Warrior'.

Of course, the game play retain's the Musou series' trademark simplicity and intuitiveness of its controls so anyone can enjoy taking down enemies as Link.

Play As Many Characters

Various characters from the Zelda series will be playable! Find your favourite and use them to fight the hordes!

Many characters and weapons from the Zelda franchise will appear as playable. You have control over the attacks, which have been beautiful and refreshingly presented using Wii U's graphics.

Combing The Best Parts of Zelda & Musou

We have used Zelda series systems like hearts for health and magic gauge, coupled with the playstyle of using items to take down bosses, and arranged them in a 'musou' context along with the music and sound effects that are tradition in the series.
It's a new world born from a combination of the the Zelda and the Musou molds.

Story

The Triforce, composed of sacred symbols of Courage, Wisdom, and Power, will grant the wish of all who touch it. Many battles between good and evil have been fought for it through the ages.

When Hyrule was in danger of falling into the hands of evil, a hero wearing a green tunic appeared to strike down the ambitions of the evil powers. To ensure the evil would never return, he broke the evil's spirit into four pieces, sending three pieces off into the depths of space-time, and sealed the fourth piece at the entrance to the Temple with the Master Sword.

For generations since then, at the edge of Hyrule, a sorceress has watched the equilibrium between the Triforces three aspects; Courage, Wisdom, Power, using a crystal, looking for any sign of a disturbance, but...

Link

Now THIS has me the most excited

Play As Many Characters

Various characters from the Zelda series will be playable! Find your favourite and use them to fight the hordes!

Many characters and weapons from the Zelda franchise will appear as playable. You have control over the attacks, which have been beautiful and refreshingly presented using Wii U's graphics.

when they say various, its obvious that Link, and Zelda are excluded, but that still implies there might be many more, we just need to wait and see

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228893-hyrule-warriors-more-story-information

Now THIS has me the most excited

when they say various, its obvious that Link, and Zelda are excluded, but that still implies there might be many more, we just need to wait and see

Huh. I'm kinda hoping they actually include Toon Link as a playable, as he's my favorite incarnation of Link, but sadly, doesn't sound like that will be the case. Ah well, at least there will be lots from the entire series! (hopefully someone from WW)

• Thumbs Up 1

Shia, The Black Witch; An evil witch, who had her good soul chased out of her by dark forces. She has a strong sense of self, clearly states her desires, and a provocative and aggressive personality. She wants to make the whole world hers, but especially she wants to make Link hers.

... Hmm. Unless I'm mistaken, she's gonna be the first Zelda antagonist who actually has something of a villainous crush on Link?

... Hmm. Unless I'm mistaken, she's gonna be the first Zelda antagonist who actually has something of a villainous crush on Link?

After that Super Smash reveal trailer, can you blame her?

This analysis was pretty good, also the female gamer approves of Shia and plans to cosplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wY_Kg0-GnlQp

Also now I want the special edition, I mean artbook, scarf, and tri-force clock, awesome

also it is unconfirmed about wheter or not the game is canon

Sounds like Shia is possessed by Demise, then.

The game isn't canon, so I doubt that.