Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

The game isn't canon, so I doubt that.

Actualy, that's never been actualy said, all that's been said is that its not a main game, not that it was canon, we didn't have an actual direct quote on that. The Big A(can't remember his full name :P ) does seem to have primary direction on the game

He may have direction, but he has pretty much said he's been hands off on this experience outside of adding more Zelda elements to it. He fully admitted this is a game he could not make. Now whether it's canon or not is up in airs; I'd like too see what they pull to make it so and GameXplain's video actually got me theorizing. If Valga turns into Volvalgia ingame, then was the Dodongo we saw in the trailer a human too?

Anyways.

Story

The Triforce, composed of sacred symbols of Courage, Wisdom, and Power, will grant the wish of all who touch it. Many battles between good and evil have been fought for it through the ages.

When Hyrule was in danger of falling into the hands of evil, a hero wearing a green tunic appeared to strike down the ambitions of the evil powers. To ensure the evil would never return, he broke the evil's spirit into four pieces, sending three pieces off into the depths of space-time, and sealed the fourth piece at the entrance to the Temple with the Master Sword.

For generations since then, at the edge of Hyrule, a sorceress has watched the equilibrium between the Triforces three aspects; Courage, Wisdom, Power, using a crystal, looking for any sign of a disturbance, but...

- You know; just throwing this out there, but that doesn't sound like Ganon. Just a hunch.

Edit: Also; this does a much better job of outlining the plot of the game in an epic way that doesn't reek of bad anime harem.

Co-op greatly excites me. I've never actually played a Musou game, so this'll be a first for me. 

... Hmm. Unless I'm mistaken, she's gonna be the first Zelda antagonist who actually has something of a villainous crush on Link?

let's not kid ourselves, Link's kind of a hottie

• Thumbs Up 6

Co-op greatly excites me. I've never actually played a Musou game, so this'll be a first for me. 

let's not kid ourselves, Link's kind of a hottie

from Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, I can tell you that the Co-op works great because both players have freedom of taking their path, but can easily work towards the same goal, and you can do assymetrical, which works ok, if you are spread out, but if you are both close to the tv the split screen works just as well. does make me wonder if they will keep the 3 character tag team though 

• Thumbs Up 2

If Team Omega were thinking of American Musou fans, they'd include an online mode too. Hopefully as more details are revealed that comes to light, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.

If Team Omega were thinking of American Musou fans, they'd include an online mode too. Hopefully as more details are revealed that comes to light, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.

actualy Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper had an online mode, I wouldn't rule it out, they already have the infrastructure  

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_n5ytukJPfv1t6jvvlo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5ytukJPfv1t6jvvlo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5ytukJPfv1t6jvvlo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5ytukJPfv1t6jvvlo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5ytukJPfv1t6jvvlo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5ytukJPfv1t6jvvlo6_1280.jpg

Witch Lady got a hot bod, mmhmm.

Also hello Twilight Portal my old friend.

• Thumbs Up 2

... Okay, I'm not gonna lie: Shia's design is pretty atypical from what I expect from the Zelda series, even with things like the N64 (and Twilight Princess) Great Fairies and Veran in mind. It's gonna take some getting used to for me. I just hope that her characterization isn't completely shallow...

Edit: Also; this does a much better job of outlining the plot of the game in an epic way that doesn't reek of bad anime harem.

At least until you get to the actual stupid part, lol.

For generations since then, at the edge of Hyrule, a sorceress has watched the equilibrium between the Triforces three aspects; Courage, Wisdom, Power, using a crystal, looking for any sign of a disturbance, but...

... then she gets thirsty and gets brainwashed. Oops.

Witch Lady got a hot bod, mmhmm.

Part of me feels bad about calling her Booby Witch before finding out whether or not she has an actually decent personality.

The other part is a total cynic and doesn't think she will, and is thus content with calling her Booby Witch.

Hm.

• Thumbs Up 3

At least until you get to the actual stupid part, lol.

... then she gets thirsty and gets brainwashed. Oops.

Part of me feels bad about calling her Booby Witch before finding out whether or not she has an actually decent personality.

The other part is a total cynic and doesn't think she will, and is thus content calling her Booby Witch.

Hm.

Hmm, you are in charge of guarding one of the most powerful objects in the universe, and having complete control of your emotions, but you fall in love, and your emotions get amplified by a great power, and makes you vulenerable. Makes sense to me. Also why they aren't the deepest characters in the world, Team Omega writes a decent character, and is realitively good at exposition on character motivations, and this isn't the first time they've had a bad guy brain-wash a good guy (so essentialy the Tri-force causes mental imbalance)

Actualy, one of the nice things about WO3H, is the relationship between linked soldiers, you actualy have to upgrade their bonds, to improve relationships and unlock bonus missions, and I wouldn't be surprised if that extends here, perhaps the bonus missions(and characters) might be from tales and legends the characters relate to each other, and you can unlock the character from that story for non-story mode or side missions

The other part is a total cynic and doesn't think she will, and is thus content with calling her Booby Witch.

Hm.

Can we come to a level way and just call her "booby witch with a great bod" That totally works for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Having a "great bod" can only go but so far with this sort of thing, though.

Going back a bit...

Play As Many Characters

Various characters from the Zelda series will be playable! Find your favourite and use them to fight the hordes!

Many characters and weapons from the Zelda franchise will appear as playable. You have control over the attacks, which have been beautiful and refreshingly presented using Wii U's graphics.

Let me just say that if I can't play as Tingle here, I will be most disappointed.

Let me just say that if I can't play as Tingle here, I will be most disappointed.

I was going to say this was unlikely, but then I remembered that while Tingle may be unable to kill opponents physically, but he can kill them financially. It could be a tale of degradation to match There Will Be Blood or Shadow of the Colossus, except instead of Daniel Day-Lewis you're that a-hole from collections.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, I was on page 12 and had to catch up to the discussion...

I'm not exactly complaining about "booby witch" Shia's dress. I actually like it. Fanservice aside, I don't see it that far from the series that gave us shapely characters like Midna the Greay Fairy which you could almost consider flat out nude. In fact, it says something that she wears more clothing than those two. So the wacky dress I can let slide for right now.

Her characterization on the other hand is a different story. That and the camera angles focusing too much on her assets.

This analysis was pretty good, also the female gamer approves of Shia and plans to cosplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wY_Kg0-GnlQp

Also now I want the special edition, I mean artbook, scarf, and tri-force clock, awesome

also it is unconfirmed about wheter or not the game is canon

Video isn't working.

Going back a bit...

If we've got tons of Zelda characters from throughout the series, I don't give a crap about whether Tingle's playable or not. If we get tons of playable characters from throughout the series, and Tingle just HAPPENS to be one of them, I don't care about Tingle much, I just won't play as him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some new assets have just been uploaded by Nintendo UK, including the English logo:

10329987_481650461967889_618211371295647

Looks like Hyrule Warriors will be the final name for the game!

• Thumbs Up 4

Some new assets have just been uploaded by Nintendo UK, including the English logo:

Looks like Hyrule Warriors will be the final name for the game!

Ok that looks pretty sweet

10174844_794902713862425_600444800743752

Hyrule Warriors, the imaginative upcoming game for the Wii U console, combines the action-packed game play of Tecmo Koei’s Dynasty Warriors series with the iconic characters and worlds from The Legend of Zelda series. In addition to the focused action game play of leading one soldier against a massive horde of enemies, the Dynasty Warriors series is also known for its epic storyline. In this game, players control Link as he faces a powerful new enemy – the evil sorceress Cia – and her army to rescue the captive Princess Zelda. For the first time ever, Princess Zelda’s loyal Hyrulean Captain Impa makes her debut as a playable character. Impa equips a huge sword and can perform powerful combos to defeat enemies. Many other surprising playable characters make appearances in Hyrule Warriors, and each playable character will have signature weapons and action animations.

The first stage of the game takes place in Hyrule Field, a location that will be very familiar to fans of The Legend of Zelda series. The game-play structure of most of the stages bears a close resemblance to the Dynasty Warrior games, so Hyrule Warriors is a game that can truly be enjoyed by fans of both The Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warrior series. Players must defend or reclaim areas by fighting against hordes of enemies and using different types of flashy and powerful moves. Players will encounter new enemies such as Sorceress Cia, but some familiar enemies like Bokoblins and Lizalfos from The Legend of Zelda series will also appear in the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

As expected, the Western plot synopsis makes no mention of *Cia's crush on Link at all it seems. Perhaps it's only a small plot detail afterall and doesn't actually define the whole plot.