Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

To be fair it wasn't mentioned in the Japanese synopsis either. It was only brought up in the character profile and as an aside in the Famitsu article.

It other words, people are blowing it out of proportion as per usual. Its a relatively minor plot point. (And in all honesty, EVERYONE in Zelda games tends to have a crush on Link. :P)

• Thumbs Up 8

It other words, people are blowing it out of proportion as per usual. Its a relatively minor plot point. (And in all honesty, EVERYONE in Zelda games tends to have a crush on Link. tongue.png)

*flashbacks to 1998* "so there's this Zora chick who gives Link an engagement ring" "ZELDA IS RUINED"

So basically they spun the crush aspect of the game really hard for the JP marketing to appeal to that demographic. 

That's reassuring to hear. Hopefully the people put off by that aspect in this thread won't be so put off now and will give the game a chance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Never did quite get what was so off-putting about a villain crush in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if, due to a probably more linear structure, and action focus, we might get voice acting for the first time in the series?  I feel like I'd be okay with it as long as Link is a silent protagonist of course.  I could see Impa as being not totally silent but a woman of few words.

I dunno, it's prolly just because these shots look so high quality and FMV-esque I can't imagine Cia just talking through text boxes.  I certainly hope we at least get made-up Hylian language voice acting.

If Tingle is playable I demand to be able to perform Kooloo Limpah myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is probably nothing, but it's interesting to note that Nintendo UK only uploaded the game's logo, the artwork that Carbo posted above, and a screenshot for each of Link and Impa. No glimpse of Cia or any of the other characters at all yet. Could they possibly be toning down Cia's... ahem, assets... for the European release, perhaps? Might explain why they've chosen to only share a handful of the screenshots rather than the full set we saw in the Japanese scans.

Of course, either way, there'll probably be the obligatory Team Ninja swimsuit DLC so it's kind of a moot point laugh.png

Of course, either way, there'll probably be the obligatory Team Ninja swimsuit DLC so it's kind of a moot point laugh.png

Could this possibly include Link fighting in a speedo

I would buy that for the hilarity alone 

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if, due to a probably more linear structure, and action focus, we might get voice acting for the first time in the series?  I feel like I'd be okay with it as long as Link is a silent protagonist of course.  I could see Impa as being not totally silent but a woman of few words.

I dunno, it's prolly just because these shots look so high quality and FMV-esque I can't imagine Cia just talking through text boxes.  I certainly hope we at least get made-up Hylian language voice acting.

If Tingle is playable I demand to be able to perform Kooloo Limpah myself.

Actualy, the character models are generaly at the level in game for the commanders, while the enemies and area tends to be somewhat lower 

Did anyone notice the skyloft statue on that floating island?

That's because the floating island is Skyloft, I would imagine :lol:

Interesting to see it showing up in this game though - definitely implies some sort of connection to Skyward Sword, be it timeline related or otherwise!

That's because the floating island is Skyloft, I would imagine :lol:

Interesting to see it showing up in this game though - definitely implies some sort of connection to Skyward Sword, be it timeline related or otherwise!

That's the interesting part though; the statue already fell at the end of Skyward Sword.

I'm getting the stronger and stronger feeling that this game is just going to take objects, characters and items of interest from throughout the whole Zelda franchise, making it more of a Smash Bros. "all-star" game than anything canon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm getting the stronger and stronger feeling that this game is just going to take objects, characters and items of interest from throughout the whole Zelda franchise, making it more of a Smash Bros. "all-star" game than anything canon.

Until I saw the floating island I so hoped and expected this game to be a canon Zelda game, but yeah, this does appear to just literally be a mash up Zelda game that's a huge not to various games in the series. It can be argued that the island falling out of the sky isn't anything special; Skyloft stays in the sky and I think its implied that "City in the Sky" from Twilight Princess is probably Skyloft.

However, the statue of the Goddess? That fell out of the sky at the end of Skyward Sword, and Hyrule was formed after Skyward Sword. Unless they come up with some explanation that the Goddess Statue was lifted back up into the sky again, its definitely non-canon.

Well for those wanting a closer look at the cartoony pics, here you go

057.jpg

they're over on 4gamer, only have this one due to gonintendo rehosting it

http://www.4gamer.net/games/242/G024284/20140523002/

Also the booby one had full robes prior to the dark transformation

That doesn't surprise. I figured that the dark outfit is something she changed into after she became twisted.

One of the key elements (a minor one) is that Link has the ability to talk to fairies, but does that mean he might be speaking or will the fairies speak to him?

I think I'm more interested to see who you can play as in the game, I've always wanted to play as other Zelda characters. It's already showing it has quite a lot of story in it already just from screenshots and character descriptions.

• Thumbs Up 2

One of the key elements (a minor one) is that Link has the ability to talk to fairies, but does that mean he might be speaking or will the fairies speak to him?

I think I'm more interested to see who you can play as in the game, I've always wanted to play as other Zelda characters. It's already showing it has quite a lot of story in it already just from screenshots and character descriptions.

We are supposed to be getting a large variety of characters from the series. In one of the bits of info I read on here, it specifically said play as Zelda characters. That would imply that they are bringing back characters, not creating brand new ones (although we will get some new ones; Shia and Valga are inspired by Meg and Volvagia, but Wizzros appears to be new). That makes me happy; that's the BIGGEST reason I want to play this game right now. I've always wanted to play as characters other than Link.

It'd be nice if they tried this in future main Zelda games as well, granted with a smaller cast of course.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also the booby one had full robes prior to the dark transformation

I'm pretty sure that black area in the cartoony picture is her open breastplate.

Also, I have zero problem with her costume. I mean...guys are allowed to go topless and that's as close as women is going to get that's legal. She don't need no armour to defeat you.

The game's listing on the US Nintendo site is now up, along with some new details:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/8yAfhMHGxHAyS8paJmVjQVK0mI9BUl-G

Cut down entire legions of enemies as Link™, Impa and other Legend of Zelda™ characters using over-the-top powerful Dynasty-Warriors-style moves. This tour de force through the beloved locales of Hyrule will have you battling the fiercest enemies in Zelda history. Think tactically and conquer missions in the most efficient way you can to save Hyrule!

The delicate balance of the Triforce has been disrupted, and Hyrule Kingdom is once again being torn apart by a dark power, this time lead by Sorceress Cia. Now it’s up to the legendary hero Link to face hordes of enemies and find the missing Princess Zelda™.

Advance the story to unlock new playable characters with unique moves and weapon types. Collect Rupees and other useful items to upgrade weapons and craft badges, which you can use to bolster each warrior’s abilities. Then unleash the full power of your attacks with intense combos to clear wave after wave of Bokoblin hordes. You’ll have to get your gloves dirty to save Hyrule this time.

• Play as fan-favorite characters like Link and Impa for the first time in the series!
  • Battle the fiercest Legend of Zelda enemies across Hyrule’s most famous locales.
  • Lay waste to your opponents with brutally efficient attacks and intense combos
  • Think tactically and complete missions in the most efficient way possible

Interestingly, we get more screens here than Nintendo UK uploaded, showing off some of the other characters... but still no Cia. Could my random speculation about her design being altered for the West actually be true? blink.png

If Cia's design is being changed for the West that would give even more credence to my idea that the game is being regionally marketed.

Unfortunately it also means that people will complain about censorship.. which would be kinda ironic given how many people dislike the boob.

I could deal with the tits but I could also deal with them being censored. I'm okay either way really. It's not like really dumb regional censorship like in Azure Striker Gunvolt where they changed the main character by removing his ponytail and the little bit of midriff he bared because you know...we can't handle a somewhat feminine looking male character in North America........angry.png

But that's off topic. 

I'm pretty sure that black area in the cartoony picture is her open breastplate.

Also, I have zero problem with her costume. I mean...guys are allowed to go topless and that's as close as women is going to get that's legal. She don't need no armour to defeat you.

I'm warming up to it, but the major issue is this is heavily lopsided towards women in games for the most part. As long as they don't start doing this for every classic Zelda character they create, and perhaps even add a couple of fanservicey males as well, I'm ok with it. The bigger issue I have is when games portray women as sex objects, and they do that when they make the grand majority of females as fanservice for the male audience with a disproportionate number of females over males.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm warming up to it, but the major issue is this is heavily lopsided towards women in games for the most part. As long as they don't start doing this for every classic Zelda character they create, and perhaps even add a couple of fanservicey males as well, I'm ok with it. The bigger issue I have is when games portray women as sex objects, and they do that when they make the grand majority of females as fanservice for the male audience with a disproportionate number of females over males.

Actualy, it wasn't that bad in Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, the lighter fan-servicy outfits were saved for the ninjas, or the one dark magic user in the game(who was also one of the bigger villians), Warriors, and mystics, and others for the most part had full outfits wheter robes or armor.

They just always give the evil dark magic user the lighter outfit cause she always relies on ranged attacks, and it kinda makes sense in her role