Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

The problem isn't that her boobs are showing - it's that the whole design itself looks extremely tacky and cheap, blatantly designed to get horny teenage boys to ogle at her.

This was fine:

Midna.jpg

Midna is a princess. Accordingly, her true form looks regal and elegant, and matches the look of the twili well. She looks like royalty from some other world.

Shia looks entirely different. Her whole outfit is specifically designed to show as much skin as possible without going for an M rating, and the design looks really dumb as a result. She looks like a magic belly dancer.

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem isn't that her boobs are showing - it's that the whole design itself looks extremely tacky and cheap, blatantly designed to get horny teenage boys to ogle at her.

This was fine:

Midna.jpg

Midna is a princess. Accordingly, her true form looks regal and elegant, and matches the look of the twili well. She looks like royalty from some other world.

Shia looks entirely different. Her whole outfit is specifically designed to show as much skin as possible without going for an M rating, and the design looks really dumb as a result. She looks like a magic belly dancer.

That's the problem I have with those kinds of designs. But, again, I don't have too much of a problem with it... if this isn't a major thing that a large variety of characters are going to have. They could've easily designed Impa that way and they didn't, so I don't see any reason to think this will keep up.

And if our theory is correct it may even be toned down for the western release. Still annoying they did it in the first place but I'm excited about being able to play as a bunch of Zelda characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's the problem I have with those kinds of designs. But, again, I don't have too much of a problem with it... if this isn't a major thing that a large variety of characters are going to have. They could've easily designed Impa that way and they didn't, so I don't see any reason to think this will keep up.

And if our theory is correct it may even be toned down for the western release. Still annoying they did it in the first place but I'm excited about being able to play as a bunch of Zelda characters.

I don't think it'll carry over to a lot of characters mostly out of respect for the existing character design. They have the token sex appeal character to throw around in marketing, so they're good. I do wholeheartedly expect all original character designs for this game to be awful, because both Cia and NotVolvagia both look really lame and generic.

I don't think it'll carry over to a lot of characters mostly out of respect for the existing character design. They have the token sex appeal character to throw around in marketing, so they're good. I do wholeheartedly expect all original character designs for this game to be awful, because both Cia and NotVolvagia both look really lame and generic.

I don't think Valga looks that bad actually... mainly because how accurately they based him off of Volvagia. That's what's impressive about him. And although I don't like Cia's sex appeal, the design of her mask and her color scheme really impresses me on how accurate they based it off of Meg from the Poe Sisters (assuming its not coincidental, but that is too similar to be a mere coincidence).

Although I do hope revisions like this are few and far between, and I also hope that any additional female "original" characters aren't just shoehorned in with a stripperific outfit for sex appeal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, and Cia was shown on Nintendo UK's press server. Chances of censorship are low.

It doesn't help that Cia's breasts are that silly unnatural looking round. It's like she pasted two skin colored balloons on her chest.

But I still dig Valga, even if he looks to be a generic tough guy. He's probably going to be the loyal minion who sticks with Cia when the real big bad shows up and shows to be more brawn than brain, but hey, who knows?

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe Cia will get her original outfit back once the real big bad shows up or as an option when you play as her.

So does anyone notice like..the last 4-5  pages of  discussion in this topic have been about a girl's tits?

• Thumbs Up 3

So does anyone notice like..the last 4-5  pages of  discussion in this topic have been about a girl's tits?

I just call out shitty character design when I see it. Booby Witch With A Great Bod is a particularly bad offender and nothing more.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just call out shitty character design when I see it. Booby Witch With A Great Bod is a particularly bad offender and nothing more.

Yeah, but like....I think the point has been made. I would just appreciate talking about something else given all the new information that we've been given.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, and Cia was shown on Nintendo UK's press server. Chances of censorship are low.

Got a link? Zelda pun intended

Not doubting you, just intrigued to see it for myself.

Other legacy playable characters seem likely, especialy with what looks like Skyloft showing up, does anybody have any favorites from 2D or 3D games they would like to see? personaly I would enjoy seeing both of Midna's forms, and just for amusement factor, Groose

It also looks like Cia is messing around with time and space to me

oh and finally, I really, really hope the ball and chain show up!

It's because they're ridiculously large for her body, and scream shallow fanservice. And in Zelda, that hasn't been a thing outside of Twinrova and Veran; and even then they were tame compared to this. Most times when we have Zelda females, the first things we don't point out are their breasts, but look at all the provocative poses she makes. It's like the pictures are asking you to talk about it.shia.jpg

Again, most of it boils down to this for me; if the camera knows where to focus, I won't be bothered. But if I am bombarded by nothing but ass and boob shots, I'm going to be all sorts of annoyed.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is all I have unfortunately. But it's from the guy who posted all the other stuff too so I don't see any reason to doubt him.

Looks legit enough to me - I didn't think they'd censor her in the first place anyway, was just a thought that crossed my mind.

Although, in defense of Cia's provocative appearance, at least from a story-driven perspective if the Japanese synopsis thingy holds true... she's basically trying to "make Link hers" and seduce him (or crush him in the process like he crushed her heart?), so maybe she's trying to appeal to his inner horny teenager by showing off a bit of cleavage. And she's a sorceress, for all we know she's magically enhanced her cup size to aid her cause! :P

It may be flimsy reasoning, but hey, it's something right? :lol:

Looks legit enough to me - I didn't think they'd censor her in the first place anyway, was just a thought that crossed my mind.

Although, in defense of Cia's provocative appearance, at least from a story-driven perspective if the Japanese synopsis thingy holds true... she's basically trying to "make Link hers" and seduce him (or crush him in the process like he crushed her heart?), so maybe she's trying to appeal to his inner horny teenager by showing off a bit of cleavage. And she's a sorceress, for all we know she's magically enhanced her cup size to aid her cause! tongue.png

It may be flimsy reasoning, but hey, it's something right? laugh.png

It's a pretty disgusting way to do it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Although, in defense of Cia's provocative appearance, at least from a story-driven perspective if the Japanese synopsis thingy holds true... she's basically trying to "make Link hers" and seduce him (or crush him in the process like he crushed her heart?), so maybe she's trying to appeal to his inner horny teenager by showing off a bit of cleavage. And she's a sorceress, for all we know she's magically enhanced her cup size to aid her cause! tongue.png

It may be flimsy reasoning, but hey, it's something right? laugh.png

I get that, but there are more tasteful and interesting ways to be sexy and alluring than throwing on an Evil Peackocking Magic Belly Dancer™ outfit, lol.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's a pretty disgusting way to do it.

Well, I did say it was flimsy reasoning :P

Clearly, it's just Team Ninja's influence for the token "sexy" character - you only have to look at any of their other games, it's basically their trademark - and hopefully it won't be the case for every single original female character in the game, so I think the main concern is that they treat the pre-existing Zelda characters with respect. Impa is hopefully a good first sign of this, as she's tastefully represented here, and not overly sexualised just for the sake of it.

It's inevitable there's gonna be a few busty chicks in here, but that's Team Ninja for you. If however we get to the end and rescue Zelda only to find out she's rockin' double D's, then yeah, complain away.

Lmao can I just say I love that we're calling her Booby Witch with a Great Bod? 

Fucking creased here.

• Thumbs Up 4

I probably wouldn't be so bothered if her breasts made more sense for her body. Big women have the largest boobs; smaller women have smaller boobs. Yeah, there are exceptions, but not even exceptions look like they got the pump through 'em. Those thing look like they could kill a man if she turned his way, and pop with the lightest tap of a nail.

Edit: Good god; this has devolved into just talking about breasts. I feel like I'm on the One Piece forums again.

Well, I did say it was flimsy reasoning tongue.png

Clearly, it's just Team Ninja's influence for the token "sexy" character - you only have to look at any of their other games, it's basically their trademark - and hopefully it won't be the case for every single original female character in the game, so I think the main concern is that they treat the pre-existing Zelda characters with respect. Impa is hopefully a good first sign of this, as she's tastefully represented here, and not overly sexualised just for the sake of it.

It's inevitable there's gonna be a few busty chicks in here, but that's Team Ninja for you. If however we get to the end and rescue Zelda only to find out she's rockin' double D's, then yeah, complain away.

Actualy, its Team Omega, its pretty standard for the villainous dark Magic user to have the skimpy outfit, while the hero female warriors who are not ninjas almost always have full outfits and real proportions, now there are a couple exceptions but most aren't

also this was the main villainous dark magic user of warriors orochi 3 https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzR9Bx1wcOZsDyQ like I said, Cia is not unusual, however there aren't going to be a ton either

Other legacy playable characters seem likely, especialy with what looks like Skyloft showing up, does anybody have any favorites from 2D or 3D games they would like to see? personaly I would enjoy seeing both of Midna's forms, and just for amusement factor, Groose

It also looks like Cia is messing around with time and space to me

oh and finally, I really, really hope the ball and chain show up!

If she's messing with time and space, that makes perfect sense and is a perfect explanation for the kinds of characters that could appear.

Seriously, Ball and Chain...? Actually that would be epic. Ball and Chain has been around forever in Zelda games anyway, those enemies in LTTP and as annoying as hell.

My #1 would always be our lovable Forest Sage. Frankly, I think the Seven Sages from OOT are shoe-ins anyway. Powers of nature FTW. Also, Agahnim. He's a classic and I'd love for him to pop up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh thank god, I always wanted a Zelda game where I can finally play as Link

Yeah man it gets kind of boring playing as Zelda all the time

• Thumbs Up 4

10174844_794902713862425_600444800743752

Since this is a fully intact skyloft that indicates Time and space manipulation, so I think my theory isn't far off, also I want to say 

HERE COMES THE GROOSE!

tongue.png 

• Thumbs Up 4

Since this is a fully intact skyloft that indicates Time and space manipulation, so I think my theory isn't far off, also I want to say 

HERE COMES THE GROOSE!

tongue.png 

Nah, my first thought is that the game was non-canon and Skyloft was just falling out of the sky. Now that you bring it up, it does look like time and space may be unraveling, which would definitely support the theory that it is canon and connects to a large variety of games due to timespace manipulation.

That said, I think it makes more sense now that if it is canon, its post-OOT/MM after Link gets back from Termina, which is what I've been speculating. Yeah, Impa looks a little different, but it can just as easily be a retcon.

• Thumbs Up 2