Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

Guys! The new Bishie Link transformation is already starting to work!

N42wBTt.png

The game's garnering female interest!

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys! The new Bishie Link transformation is already starting to work!

N42wBTt.png

The game's garnering female interest!

Honestly, Link looks basically the same as he's been since Twilight Princess. His designs are slightly altered each time, but that's about it.

Transformation? What was Adult Link before this game, then?

...I miss Young Link.

With the statements that they're going to be including popular Zelda characters I think the chances of Skull Kid getting in are pretty good. They clearly know how popular Skull Kid and Majora's Mask as a whole are, and I think he could be a pretty unique character as well. Plus he doesn't age anyway so there's no worry about it being "impossible" for him to be in the game because of continuity shenanigans (not that that really seems to be a problem for the game anyway with that Skyloft picture)

Whether it's actually the Majora's Mask Skull Kid or just a Skull Kid doesn't really make much of a difference either, unless he's wearing the mask. There's plenty to draw from just with the Skull Kids encountered in the Lost Woods in OOT and Twilight Princess if they want to draw from that as well

With the statements that they're going to be including popular Zelda characters I think the chances of Skull Kid getting in are pretty good. They clearly know how popular Skull Kid and Majora's Mask as a whole are, and I think he could be a pretty unique character as well. Plus he doesn't age anyway so there's no worry about it being "impossible" for him to be in the game because of continuity shenanigans (not that that really seems to be a problem for the game anyway with that Skyloft picture)

Whether it's actually the Majora's Mask Skull Kid or just a Skull Kid doesn't really make much of a difference either, unless he's wearing the mask. There's plenty to draw from just with the Skull Kids encountered in the Lost Woods in OOT and Twilight Princess if they want to draw from that as well

In THIS game, I definitely think getting in characters like Skull Kid are highly likely. Smash Bros. is the one I had questions over because that's all of Nintendo's properties. This one, though, is entirely Zelda, so yeah, I definitely see all kinds of classic supporting and villain characters coming back, plus with perhaps a few more monster bosses redesigned in a humanoid form.

I just had a thought; if this game is about time and space being ripped; is it possible that we may see multiple Links?

I just had a thought; if this game is about time and space being ripped; is it possible that we may see multiple Links?

Its possible, but the likelihood is they'd only be represented as alternate costumes of regular Link.

Probably not. I don't know how Dynasty Warrior games work, but a Toon Link or TP style Link could be post game content.

Or preorder costumes for main canon Links. I dunno

New Info, and still bids well for lots of returning playable characters

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228989-hyrule-warriors-devs-talk-characters-gameplay-elements-weapons-and-special-messages

Hyrule Warriors devs talk characters, gameplay elements, weapons and special messages

May 23, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy | Comments: 0 | Show/Hide

The following info comes from general producer Hisashi Koinuma, producer Yosuke Hayashi and Eiji Aonuma...

“Out of all the playable characters [in Hyrule Warriors], there are some surprising characters that made us say ‘why did you pick this one?!’” - Aonuma

- Aonuma had no special requests for specific characters to appear in the game
- Aonuma believes his team would be mad if he asked them to match the amount of characters Hyrule Warriors in his next Zelda game
- characters can change their weapons and have a completely different fighting style
- weapon enhancement and character growth systems implemented
- the fire rod you see in the trailer isn't from the Zelda series
- weapons and other important in Hyrule Warriors are acquired through treasure chests.
- the iconic treasure chest opening animation has been prepared for all playable characters
- boss fights will have a Warriors touch
- there will be instances where you’ll face a bunch of smaller enemies to charge up your meter, then unleash a special attack on the boss
- strategically use items that can be found around stages to take on the boss

Koinuma: “We plan on having Hyrule Warriors’ first playable demo at E3 this year. With E3 being the opener, we’ll be releasing more and more new information afterwards, so please look forward to it!”

Hayashi: “After watching the trailer that will be shown at E3, it would make us happy to know that you guys will get a better idea of what we’re trying to do. We’ll sequentially reveal the other playable characters, so don’t miss it!”

Aonuma: “I believe it’s safe to say that this title was born as one of the answers from thinking of a new The Legend of Zelda game. By all means, we’d love to have as many people possible enjoy this game.”

Link

For that sounds seriously like we are getting tons of characters from throughout the series

• Thumbs Up 2

“Out of all the playable characters [in Hyrule Warriors], there are some surprising characters that made us say ‘why did you pick this one?!’” - Aonuma

Link Sonic confirmed.

sonic-lost-world-zelda-link.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Link Sonic confirmed.

sonic-lost-world-zelda-link.jpg

Or Groose, definitely Groose, perhaps our favorite forest sage, and Midna as well 

The more info we get, the more excited I become. Can't wait to see what they've got in store for us at E3!

• Thumbs Up 1

To think, only a week ago, this thread was dry as a desert. Now we get more info and lo how it springs to life!

I'm definitely looking forward to more footage of this game.

Or Groose, definitely Groose, perhaps our favorite forest sage, and Midna as well 

So yes on the second one. I've been dying to see her appear in another game again and nature powers would be awesome in this kind of game. :D I'd totally main her. Actually I think all three are fairly likely and I definitely think the Seven Sages in general are shoe-ins (we've already got two of the seven, let's face it Zelda WILL be playable).

But yeah, I love this, it basically confirms exactly what I anticipated; this will be made up of a few new characters and a ton of returning characters from past titles. So that makes me happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd pre-order and buy 3 copies of this game for Groose alone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one angry that we have to play Link's shitty friends in this game?

- the fire rod you see in the trailer isn't from the Zelda series

That's weird, since Zelda has a Fire Rod...

Am I the only one angry that we have to play Link's shitty friends in this game?

But...you don't know who you can play as yet other than Link and Impa? He's being all cryptic about who you can play as, as usual. He could even mean "why would you want to play as Ganondorf??" as his disbelief.

Also about the fire rod...well, yes it has, but not that one where you use it as if you were a sorcerer is what he means, I guess.

Uh...I thought this was Legend of Zelda, not Sonic. huh.png

And I'm joking by the way, for those who can't tell

Considering that this is one of the few games where we can actually play as anyone other than Link, I'd say yeah. I mean, how often do we get a playable Impa of all characters? And we have no clue who else is in store for us.

Someone on NeoGAF posted some comparison screens for the original reveal compared with the new screenshots. Crazy how much visual improvement can be made in such a short time.

Images under the tags;

iXBeSFtFQPx88.png

gal_05.jpg

ixWaVKCi5vNqZ.png

gal_06.jpg

Backgrounds are still far from jaw-dropping but the character models seem to have improved a lot. Wonder if they'll improve even more before release.

It's still so weird to me how Nintendo games seem to look better over time from their initial reveal but other AAA games look worse. Perhaps developers should stop false advertising and work from point one on making the actual game look as good as they can make it.

Someone on NeoGAF posted some comparison screens for the original reveal compared with the new screenshots. Crazy how much visual improvement can be made in such a short time.

Images under the tags;

iXBeSFtFQPx88.png

gal_05.jpg

ixWaVKCi5vNqZ.png

gal_06.jpg

Backgrounds are still far from jaw-dropping but the character models seem to have improved a lot. Wonder if they'll improve even more before release.

It's still so weird to me how Nintendo games seem to look better over time from their initial reveal but other AAA games look worse. Perhaps developers should stop false advertising and work from point one on making the actual game look as good as they can make it.

AAA games probably go all out for the initial preview, but then after realizing its too much for the hardware to handle they have to cut back. Nintendo always focuses on gameplay and quality first, so the initial screens are always lesser in quality.

As for the backgrounds versus character models, I have heard that the character models in Dynasty Warriors games ALWAYS get the most detail. The backgrounds are less so, especially since there are so many playable characters they can't make everything look extremely pretty. The next main Zelda game will undoubtedly feature just Link as playable (or if they start getting the feel for it, they might start adding in additional playable characters but only very few) so that game will have the jawdropping graphics.

This one still looks pretty decent, and in the heat of the action the lower quality of the background graphics isn't going to be all that noticeable.

• Thumbs Up 2

One problem I have with the graphics is the ground. It's just a (Not so good) grass texture. I hope the add some patches of grass in places. It doesn't look very good right now.

I'm currently playing Jak 3 and in Haven Forest that what is done and it looks pretty good.

But...you don't know who you can play as yet other than Link and Impa? He's being all cryptic about who you can play as, as usual. He could even mean "why would you want to play as Ganondorf??" as his disbelief.

Also about the fire rod...well, yes it has, but not that one where you use it as if you were a sorcerer is what he means, I guess.

Uh...I thought this was Legend of Zelda, not Sonic. huh.png

And I'm joking by the way, for those who can't tell

Considering that this is one of the few games where we can actually play as anyone other than Link, I'd say yeah. I mean, how often do we get a playable Impa of all characters? And we have no clue who else is in store for us.

I was joking =P I thought posting it on a Sonic site and emphasizing on the "shitty" made it obvious =P

• Thumbs Up 1

I was joking =P I thought posting it on a Sonic site and emphasizing on the "shitty" made it obvious =P

Well I partially knew that myself by pointing out the Sonic relation.

Tho I figure to make a statement taking it a face value just to be safe. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope the add some patches of grass in places.

Yeah how else am I supposed to find rupees

Rupees are a confirmed mechanic and you can buy items from shops in this and and find items in chests, so yeah. I bet we will have patches of grass throughout the game, though.

I'm not talking about grass to cut. I'm sure that'll be around enough. I'm talking about purely visual grass to make the ground look less flat.