Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

I'm glad to provide a less disturbing theory on Groose's breeding:

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Wind_Tribe

The Wind Tribe from Minish Cap: they live in the clouds, and they're all redheaded like Groose...

I am well aware of the Wind Tribe. I figured that the Wind Tribe were post-SS, pre-TP Skyloft residents. I don't necessarily think Ooccoo are descendants of the same people either, though.

I am well aware of the Wind Tribe. I figured that the Wind Tribe were post-SS, pre-TP Skyloft residents. I don't necessarily think Ooccoo are descendants of the same people either, though.

Personaly, I thought he stayed on the surface, and was the founder of the Gerudo tribe, and it was his fault all that none of them wanted male children XD 

• Thumbs Up 2

Sorry to double post, but one of those nagging questions has been answered

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=229185

Hyrule Warriors to feature Zelda-style voice acting

May 27, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

「ゼルダ無双」公式   @zelda_musou 
Follow
"@strocknhayabusa: 各キャラクタは、ゼルダ本編にならったボイスアクトになっています。つまり「ヘイッ!リッスン!」な感じ。@zelda_musou ボイスはついてますか?"

5:33 AM - 25 May 2014

109 Retweets   35 favorites   
Retweet
In other words, we'll be getting a lot of grunts, groans and short bursts of voice. That's totally fine with me!

So ya, no voices

On one hand, this sucks majorly. On the other hand: No Other M voice acting.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually pretty dissapointed by that. I figured this would be the perfect Zelda game to implement voice acting into, but I guess Nintendo wouldn't budge.

I'm going to assume that after the backlash of Metroid's voice acting in Other M, Nintendo decided to avoid it instead of correcting it and using a cast like in Uprising. I'm not really sure how to feel about this as I'm split.

I'm going to assume that after the backlash of Metroid's voice acting in Other M, Nintendo decided to avoid it instead of correcting it and using a cast like in Uprising. I'm not really sure how to feel about this as I'm split.

Other M isn't even relevant to this situation. They've done voice acting right more than once since then.

Not a dealbreaker but it does kind of suck that we won't be getting voice acting :(

Eh, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper showed me it can work with out English voice acting at least, because there are still plently of dialogue boxes during battles and cutscenes

Doesn't really suck to me, Zelda doesn't need voice acting, and I figured we wouldn't get it. It wouldn't be so bad if Zelda was given voice acting as soon as they hit the transition to 3D, but they never did, and at this point they probably never will. Grunts are perfectly fine, as long as the characters sound great no problem at all. ^^

Maybe we'll get more characters TALKING IN HUGE TEXT to show that they're yelling again because Nintendo hasn't realized how primitive that looks yet. 

I've been saying this for years: Dragon Quest VIII figured out the perfect way for voice acting in Zelda: Everyone talks except the hero, the name of the hero is skipped over in a spoken line.

It mantains the whole "Silent cause avatar" trope while adding more life into the game.

Hell, do it just like Level-5 and hire british voice actors, that would help make it different than other voiced games out there.

• Thumbs Up 1

A shame :/ also kinda implies that even Zelda U will remain almost entirely text based even now.

There's nothing inherently wrong with lacking voice acting, but for cinematic games it can really help set the feel of the scene, and also allow you to concentrate on the images of the scene rather than drawing your eyes to the text box at the bottom.

Ah well ._. maybe someday.

Zelda isn't a cinematic game, though =P

I don't think it means anything for Zelda U, though. That's the big Zelda project, while this is just a small one. I'm not saying there will be voice acting in U, but HW not getting any doesn't mean much, I think.

I hope Zelda gets it eventually. There's no particular gain from staying behind times like this.

Eh, kind of expected. Wonder what they will do with Zelda HD though.

I've been saying this for years: Dragon Quest VIII figured out the perfect way for voice acting in Zelda: Everyone talks except the hero, the name of the hero is skipped over in a spoken line.

Yes, I want to see this too! All the characters speak in cutscenes and stuff but main character Link stays silent. I just don't want them to give Link a speaking voice, it seems weird to me. Of course I do want everyone else to talk, whether it's in English or just Hylian gibberish. They were almost there in Skyward Sword with the Ballad of the Goddess sung by Zelda.

The question of voice acting depends a little on how much text there actually is... although, to be honest, voice acting never really comes off well for me.  I think it's partly because I'm not interested in hanging around for the actors to finish their lines before I progress the text.

Edit: Actually, I thought Kid Icarus: Uprising had amazing voice acting, so there's that.

When It comes to voice acting, Nintendo can be hit or miss. So if there ever was a Zelda game with voice acting, I'd have to hear something before I get excited or fearful. 

But what is it with Nintendo and being behind the times a lot? Is it a tradition thing that they don't want to let go?

It's really only with specific games these days, it seems. They have no problem with voice acting in plenty of other game series, it's just Zelda.

If they go for voice acting, they need to ditch the lame "press A to continue dialogue" approach for cutscenes. It kills the pacing and it's no surprise that a few select cutscenes in Skyward Sword did exactly that. ICO/SotC approach or bust. I want to feel like I'm playing/watching a subbed version of a game spoken in Hylian.

No voice acting? Sigh, let down. I've been saying for a while I think Zelda should bring in voice acting, the storytelling would really benefit.

The idea of time and space being torn asunder to essentially give us Zelda Generations is making my panties moist.

I need this game inside me.