Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

Sorry to double post, buuuuut MIDNA GAMEPLAY, a glorious 17 minutes of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nck3ml-6TYs&feature=player_embedded

• Thumbs Up 2

That new Zelda design is bordering on serious new waifu territory for me goddamn what a beauty.

• Thumbs Up 2

Go take your weird waifu talk somewhere else.

Anyway they took too much Twilight Princess inspiration. Needs more Skyward Sword

• Thumbs Up 1

That new Zelda design is bordering on serious new waifu territory for me goddamn what a beauty.

I ALREADY CLAIMED HER AS MY WAIFU SO NO

*clears throat*Yes.  Gorgeous design.*cough*

Looks awesome! But why is Midna in her cursed form? Shouldn't she be in her original form? Other than that I absolutely love the Great Fairy, really sexy and seductive. Even something as simple as red toe nail polish makes a huge difference.

Looks awesome! But why is Midna in her cursed form? Shouldn't she be in her original form? Other than that I absolutely love the Great Fairy, really sexy and seductive. Even something as simple as red toe nail polish makes a huge difference.

Because her imp form is more iconic. That's the one she appeared in more often.

This looks like it is handled much better than the Dynasty Warriors style of games, it's more akin to the One Piece Pirate Warrior map layouts and combo attacks. I'm going to seriously love this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

This looks like it is handled much better than the Dynasty Warriors style of games, it's more akin to the One Piece Pirate Warrior map layouts and combo attacks. I'm going to seriously love this game.

It kinda annoys me how I keep seeing people say "its just Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin." It does have a lot more from Zelda than JUST being Dynasty Warriors. Its mostly like Dynasty Warriors, yeah, but they're still not quite the same.

It kinda annoys me how I keep seeing people say "its just Dynasty Warriors with a Zelda skin." It does have a lot more from Zelda than JUST being Dynasty Warriors. Its mostly like Dynasty Warriors, yeah, but they're still not quite the same.

Those people must not know how to read then since the link Mando posted mentions items. I don't play any Warriors games but I doubt any have specific items like bombs and the like to be collected and used.

-Link can also collect Rupees dropped by enemies and glowing hearts to restore his life

you are able to throw multiple bombs at once                                                                                                                                      

in Castle Keep you'll find a power up bomb, a one use item with a huge blast radius                                                                   

- the trick to beating him is throwing bombs in his mouth when he inhales   

game pauses when you collect items and does a traditional Zelda reveal-

Ok, I was kinda thinking it at this point. But Aonuma does prove one thing: JUST because its a spinoff DOESN'T mean its non-canon. He's saying its non-canon for completely different reasons.

It's non-canon so they can do stuff like having Midna in there, as an imp, without screwing up anything.

Yeah, I kinda figured it would end up "non-canon" back when they said there'd be some surprise characters, since some of them probably won't really make sense from the standpoint of the main Zelda series. I mean, just look at the moon.

Yeah, I still think a non-canon cameo-fest was the best way to go for a project like this. Trying to legitimately depict one of the big-ass canon backstory wars would've been cool too, but they're obviously having a blast throwing in as many references from every inch of the franchise as they can and I really dig it.

And the total lack of canon constraints means there's no reason not to include a playable Groose. Ideally with some sort of super crowd-clearing pompadour headbutt attack.

• Thumbs Up 6

If this is non-canon can Link talk please.

And this negates the need to create a 4th timeline when the Twilight Realm rips time apart and sends Skyloft careening into Hyrule Castle.

So, have we gotten any confirmation about that frighteningly tiny character-select screen yet?

Would like to know if that was just, like, a "starting" roster or something.  It only had nine-or-so slots, and that's not enough room for all the characters that I want to fap to.

To be fair I have no idea how dynasty warrior games work in regards to character unlocks. I'm guessing the 9 are like the normal unlocks and there may be one or two secret unlocks.

Although to be fair 9 characters is more than enough considering we are only used to playing as Link.

I'm constantly rewatching the treehouse section on this game. It looks so chaotically fun it not JUST hack and slash, having some element of strategy aswell, which really pleases me, I love my strategy games. Although I do like that whole there IS some strategy, it isn't really the main focus. Does that make sense? I'm glad it's not totally mindless hacky-slashy, but I'm glad it isn't totally strategy based either so you do get to have some time to just cut down enemies.

To be fair I have no idea how dynasty warrior games work in regards to character unlocks. I'm guessing the 9 are like the normal unlocks and there may be one or two secret unlocks.

Although to be fair 9 characters is more than enough considering we are only used to playing as Link.

I'm constantly rewatching the treehouse section on this game. It looks so chaotically fun it not JUST hack and slash, having some element of strategy aswell, which really pleases me, I love my strategy games. Although I do like that whole there IS some strategy, it isn't really the main focus. Does that make sense? I'm glad it's not totally mindless hacky-slashy, but I'm glad it isn't totally strategy based either so you do get to have some time to just cut down enemies.

It makes perfect sense to me, because that's pretty much exactly what I liked about Dynasty Warriors Gundam.  It gives you the very basic pleasure of just laying the beat down on tons of dudes, but it also gives you territories to capture, allies to support, and major enemies and threats to stop, all of which force you to think about where to go and which butts to kick instead of just fighting until everything's dead.

Unfortunately, I can't provide much insight on what'll happen with the character roster.  The one game I played used a wheel for the character select screen.  Unlocking new characters just added them to the wheel.

Oh yeah that's why it looks great, the "does that make sense?" Was in regards to me saying I like it because I like strategy, but I like tat it doesn't have lots :P thought it sounded contradictory or something xD

Yeah, I've never played any, even if the 9 or so characters is all we have I'll be happy, considering I'm only used to playing Link

I doubt the final roster will be 9, well I mean, usualy they are bigger, and the way they have been talking they have said every character you have ever wanted to play in the series you can play, but then add in dozen original characters for the plot, if I had to guess that's the story's base hero roster with a few hidden slots, but the post-game will have additional bonus, and proably all the villians playable

Also I think the blue haired girl may be a realitive of Cia from the same clan, whether a sister or cousin

now, I don't know what the standard is for the crossovers, but it does sound different than the Warriors Orochi 3 hyper, which had all the character slots in shifting rows, and variable collumns

There is also the chance that, this roster screen they saw is the demo version, which is likely, for all we know it could be in prepration for a wide release demo with unlockable bonus's for the demo.

also 9 sounds small for what we already know, even for the story, as Midna, Impa, Link, and Zelda makes 4, then add in for the blue haired mage, a Goron is likely, and another obvious one or two, like a Zora, and possibly Groose and (tingle), then we don't have any reps from the 2D side, which would be extremely likely to get some

guess we just need to wait and see

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt the final roster will be 9, well I mean, usualy they are bigger, and the way they have been talking they have said every character you have ever wanted to play in the series you can play, but then add in dozen original characters for the plot, if I had to guess that's the story's base hero roster with a few hidden slots, but the post-game will have additional bonus, and proably all the villians playable

Also I think the blue haired girl may be a realitive of Cia from the same clan, whether a sister or cousin

now, I don't know what the standard is for the crossovers, but it does sound different than the Warriors Orochi 3 hyper, which had all the character slots in shifting rows, and variable collumns

There is also the chance that, this roster screen they saw is the demo version, which is likely, for all we know it could be in prepration for a wide release demo with unlockable bonus's for the demo.

also 9 sounds small for what we already know, even for the story, as Midna, Impa, Link, and Zelda makes 4, then add in for the blue haired mage, a Goron is likely, and another obvious one or two, like a Zora, and possibly Groose and (tingle), then we don't have any reps from the 2D side, which would be extremely likely to get some

guess we just need to wait and see

Actually, 9 characters are the known number of characters we have yet, so it makes sense they'd have nine slots in the demo.

1.) Link

2.) Impa

3.) Zelda

4.) Midna

5.) That Blue-haired Girl

6.) Cia

7.) Valga

8.) Wizzro

9.) Ganondorf

We haven't seen the villains in action, and we've only seen a brief glimpse of Ganondorf and the blue-haired girl, but its still nine characters we are aware of at this point.