Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

With the way they are emphasizing how many characters they put in, and that anyone could play as their favorite, I would argue that we will at least have the roster of the last Dynasty warrior game, which was 50, and we could quite likely have even more 

Again that's a very overambitious estimate. Don't forget that Warriors games have many returning characters and moves, Hyrule Warriors is a completely new roster with largely new moves and enemies and everything.

50 characters in Dynasty Warriors 8 which could have tons of re-used assets from previous games does nowhere near imply that a completely new game will have more. A far better comparison would be Pirate Warriors, a game released just a couple years ago, which had 13 characters. Yes, Pirate Warriors 2 had way more, but again re-used assets means that development time doesn't need to be spent much on finished characters from previous entries.

If Hyrule Warriors was going to have a Dynasty Warriors cast and characters/moves/enemies could be recycled from Dynasty Warriors 8, then sure, over 50 would be possible, but this is a new ground-up game, I would say 50 is practically impossible and you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think 30 max, personally, probably nowhere near that. Especially since Pirate Warriors, a game released after Warriors 7 which had 60+ characters, only had 13 characters, because these assets unlike mainseries Warriors games had to be created from scratch.

I'd be happy with like 15 TBH or even the 9 announced now but maybe that's because I never played DW before this game.  

Well, it would be cool to see the goddesses finally wreck shit up in person, assuming that Din, Nayru and Faore are avatars of the goddesses and not simply oracles with their names. 

Again that's a very overambitious estimate. Don't forget that Warriors games have many returning characters and moves, Hyrule Warriors is a completely new roster with largely new moves and enemies and everything.

50 characters in Dynasty Warriors 8 which could have tons of re-used assets from previous games does nowhere near imply that a completely new game will have more. A far better comparison would be Pirate Warriors, a game released just a couple years ago, which had 13 characters. Yes, Pirate Warriors 2 had way more, but again re-used assets means that development time doesn't need to be spent much on finished characters from previous entries.

If Hyrule Warriors was going to have a Dynasty Warriors cast and characters/moves/enemies could be recycled from Dynasty Warriors 8, then sure, over 50 would be possible, but this is a new ground-up game, I would say 50 is practically impossible and you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think 30 max, personally, probably nowhere near that. Especially since Pirate Warriors, a game released after Warriors 7 which had 60+ characters, only had 13 characters, because these assets unlike mainseries Warriors games had to be created from scratch.

But how many did Gundam Warriors have? and also, again I think 30 is likely considering how much they have been emphasizing how many characters are playable, and being able to play as your favorite 

But how many did Gundam Warriors have? and also, again I think 30 is likely considering how much they have been emphasizing how many characters are playable, and being able to play as your favorite 

Gundam Warriors had ~20, and robot models are very easy to create compared with human models, many assets can be reused or retooled for them, especially since in Gundam a lot of mechs are alternative versions of other mechs.

I think 15-20 is a realistic maximum for Hyrule Warriors.

To be fair, when they are emphasising the character numbers they usually accompany it with "in a Zelda title" so anything above like 3 would be large numbers for a Zelda title. Honestly I'd be happy with the 9 we have teased already

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, seeing a Hilda version of the Zelda design would be enough to justify her in my mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Zelda's always had a particularly strong female cast.  Nice to see that represented here, but I certainly hope they aren't pushing important male characters aside just to add more females for "diversity".

I hardly think that will be a problem though, considering this looks like the second coming of Jesus so far. <3  Just when my Smash Bros. hype goes down the tubes, Hyrule Warriors comes to save me.

We got some translated info from the Japanese site

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=230959

Hyrule Warriors - details on characters, attacks, enemies and more screens

Jun 14, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

Fire Rod

- magical weapon capable of producing flames
- can shoot flames at a large mass of enemies in a wide range
- will change form depending on the attack method

Zelda

- Zelda commands the troops while standing directly on the battlefield
- dignified beauty with a noble and royal atmosphere
- calm eyes capable of assessing the course of the war
- can calmly defend and bravely attack
- uses a rapier as her weapon
- flowing manner of attack

Midna

- fairly minded personality with a sharp tongue
- gentle but strong
- Cia has altered her appearance
- currently hunting for Cia to regain her original form
- fights while riding a Shadow Wolf
- ride the wolf straight into enemies
- uses her hair to form hands to strike her enemies
- can pick them up and fling them away

Palace of Twilight

- Hyrule Kingdom exists as the World of Light
- another world exists as the Twilight Realm
- Twilight Realm’s royal family lives in this palace
- residents of the World of Light and the Twilight Realm are unable to travel into each other’s world
- the two worlds have been connected again through someone’s magic

Eldin Volcano

- sparks fly constantly inside the cave of this active volcano
- lava can erupt straight from the walls
- this can block paths due to seas of flames
- mining is regularly conducted in the back of the cave,
- this is done to collect good quality ore

Enhancement Items

- appear when you defeat an enemy
- may appear if you break pots
- the power of an item will increase for a certain amount of time when you grab one
- powered up bomb will allow you to blow away large amount of enemies

Multiplayer

- one player plays on the GamePad
- one uses a Wii U Pro Controller or Wiimote/Nunchuk while playing on TV

Weak Point

- strong enemies may present opportunities to strike them back after the enemy uses specific attacks
- a gauge will appear on the screen
- build up the gauge with attacks to earn a “Weak Point Smash”
- gauge can be depleted if you get hit
- one of the weak point opportunities is when King Dodongo opens his mouth
- throw a bomb inside his mouth to make an explosion in his stomach
- this allows for a transition into a Weak Point opportunity
- strike repeatedly in order to increase the gauge for a Weak Point Smash

More screens here

This should be interesting, looks like its technicly another Midna... or another time who knows how things work in the twilight realm

So Midna has been cursed again by Cia. Better than having her in her imp form for no given reason, I guess.

So Midna has been cursed again by Cia. Better than having her in her imp form for no given reason, I guess.

Well the alternative would have been a time jump to during the events of twilight princess, which would have messed with the timeline

Now that we know that Cia is capable of twilight cursing(which I want to say was the same thing for both link and midna, though different forms obviously), perhaps that means we might get a couple other twisted/animal versions of iconic characters first then true one

also if the plot does involve saving Cia midway or 3/4s into the plot, unless she used boosted magic from Ganondorf, that means that we could unlock Midna's true form that way with additional moveset, but again we will have to wait and see in September, can't wait to see who else they bring into the plot

So, I think I get what's going on here. It appears this game follows the NORMAL timeline, but exists outside of it. As such, in this non-canon game, all other games still exist, but this game itself doesn't strictly fall into the timeline.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Midna's alternate form is counted as a separate "weapon" for her. :P

I have to ask, does ANYONE have any idea why this game is so expensive? I know its probably a placeholder but Amazon lists it at £49.95 while Smash Bros is listed at £39.95? Just seems oddly specific for a placeholder.

Sorry to double post. Not sure if this has already been mentioned, But the Japanese website was launched a while ago launched and they have 2 special editions of the game, The Premium Box and the Treasure Box.

Premium Box (10,800 yen + tax)

• A copy of the game
  • Official art collection
  • Tri-Force model clock
  • “Courage” costume set (3 types)
  • “Wisdom” costume set (3 types)

Treasure Box (13,800 yen + tax, exclusive to Amazon Japan and Gamecity)

• A copy of the game
  • Official art collection
  • Tri-Force model clock
  • “Courage” costume set (3 types)
  • “Wisdom” costume set (3 types)
  • “Power” costume set (2 types)
  • Hero scarf
  • Treasure chest accessory case

Info from here

http://gematsu.com/2014/05/hyrule-warriors-japanese-website-opened

Oh and Japan get it on the 14th August

Also, large image gallery from the Japanese Website here

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/gallery.html

So yeah, Japan August 14th

Europe September 19th

USA September 26th

What's with these 1 month differences for every other game Nintendo makes except Pokemon? It's pissing me off.

Sorry to double post. Not sure if this has already been mentioned, But the Japanese website was launched a while ago launched and they have 2 special editions of the game, The Premium Box and the Treasure Box.

Info from here

http://gematsu.com/2014/05/hyrule-warriors-japanese-website-opened

Oh and Japan get it on the 14th August

Also, large image gallery from the Japanese Website here

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/gallery.html

So yeah, Japan August 14th

Europe September 19th

USA September 26th

Well, at least we'll know by mid-August approximately how long the game is and whose in it. :D

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Midna's alternate form is counted as a separate "weapon" for her. tongue.png

I'd kinda want her alternate form to be a separate fighter if at all possible.

Either way, if I can play as both forms, it's still gonna get my money...when I get a Wii U.

It could also be her second super move... if you take a look at the trailer again, you'll notice everyone else had at least two big moves (and Link probably only has more than that because he can actually swap weapons).

But are they independent? 

Considering the Treehouse guys kept on saying stuff like "they don't even need Link around" or "he was only invited 'cause they're nice and he's pretty", I don't think we need to worry bout that. B)