Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

Considering the Treehouse guys kept on saying stuff like "they don't even need Link around" or "he was only invited 'cause they're nice and he's pretty", I don't think we need to worry bout that. cool.png

I don't blame them, I'd invite Link for that reason, but I can't say the invitation would be for saving the world.

The more I think about it, the more I like Zelda as a warrior princess. Especially using a sword for once instead of a bow. Not to say the times she's used the latter in the main games haven't been cool moments, but I never really liked the "Guys Smash, Girls Shoot" trope very much.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't blame them, I'd invite Link for that reason, but I can't say the invitation would be for saving the world.

The more I think about it, the more I like Zelda as a warrior princess. Especially using a sword for once instead of a bow. Not to say the times she's used the latter in the main games haven't been cool moments, but I never really liked the "Guys Smash, Girls Shoot" trope very much.

Technically she had a sword in Twilight Princess... not that she actually used it. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Technically she had a sword in Twilight Princess... not that she actually used it. tongue.png

God dammit Sakurai!

...Wait...

• Thumbs Up 2

Technically she had a sword in Twilight Princess... not that she actually used it. tongue.png

She used it in her boss fight as Puppet Zelda.

She used it in her boss fight as Puppet Zelda.

True... but only for like one attack where she dives down after you. The rest is just a typical Phantom Ganon/Agahnim tennis match.

So the new Famitsu possibly revealed two new playable characters. One is a new one named Lana (Maybe the blue-haired girl?) and the other being Agitha, the bug collector from Twilight Princess.

Zant also apparently has an appearance.

This week’s issue of Famitsu has another update on Hyrule Warriors. We have news about a pair of new playable characters in the game as well as ones that will be making return appearances from the Zelda series.

First, Famitsu reveals two new playable characters. The first, as far as I can tell, might be Agitha from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. There’s also someone called “Lana”, though it’s unclear who this might be at present. Original character? Princess Lana from the Captain N: The Game Master animated TV series? It probably wouldn’t be wise for me to speculate since the information isn’t detailed. Take this part of the update with a grain of salt for now.

Aside from playable characters, Famitsu also confirms that Argorok – who we’ve seen previously – and Zant from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be appearing in Hyrule Warriors. We should have more (and clearer) information soon. Only preliminary details have leaked out of this week’s Famitsu so far.

Read more at http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-confirms-new-playable-characters-zant-appearance-in-hyrule-warriors/

Agitha is pretty out there. Interested to see how she fights. She'll probably be summoning bugs.

Here's a pic of her if you don't know her:

Agitha.png

Any victory animations from Agitha must include her taking a bath in snail slime like she wants to in TP.

Still hoping for Ilia though.

Actually, that's just Lolita, but this is kinda awesome news? Agitha was one of the few characters from TP that played a memorable role in the game, despite how optional it was, she had a lot of personality and charm. Honestly if the rumours are true she'll end up with a fighting style to One Piece Pirate Warrior's 2 Perona. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4LpvX3VxWo 

Except she'll fight with bugs and lolita styled attacks instead of goth and possessive ghosts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Surprising choice, but not one I'm against. I can only imagine how creepy her specials are going to be...so many bugs...

Agitha?! SERIOUSLY?! Wow... I think I even forgot to list her on my massive list of Zelda females, I would never have expected her. (More hope for Saria? A nature-based moveset would be extremely original! :D)

She's probably one of the characters Aonuma was surprised about being added.

Agitha huh? That's a pretty unexpected yet understandable choice as a playable character.

It's pretty obvious that her moveset will primarily consist of bugs, but I wonder if she can summon colossal bugs like Gohma. 

Agitha huh? That's a pretty unexpected yet understandable choice as a playable character.

It's pretty obvious that her moveset will primarily consist of bugs, but I wonder if she can summon colossal bugs like Gohma. 

Probably as her more powerful attacks.

I still think there's a decent chance at getting the rest of the OOT sages. All of them would be unique. Rauru might be dropped in favor of Gaepora to represent Skyward Sword, but its pretty much assumed they're the same, anyway. There's no other notable Goron characters, and the only other especially notable Zora character is Mikau.

I am curious if they'll represent WW. I'm not really sure as the contrasting art styles might cause some problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably as her more powerful attacks.

I still think there's a decent chance at getting the rest of the OOT sages. All of them would be unique. Rauru might be dropped in favor of Gaepora to represent Skyward Sword, but its pretty much assumed they're the same, anyway. There's no other notable Goron characters, and the only other especially notable Zora character is Mikau.

I am curious if they'll represent WW. I'm not really sure as the contrasting art styles might cause some problems.

Have Darmani instead of Darunia and Makau instead of Ruto and the Deku Butler. They could represent Majora's Mask and Link's transformations.

To represent WW, give Darmani a Hawaiian shirt as an alt. costume xP

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously, nobody's posted this?

This is totally fucking awesome! You can go full-on Nanoha with the Fire Rod! AND IT TURNS INTO A THROWING AXE.

Wow, Agitha is really exciting news, pretty much any major NPC is now fair game for speculation.

King_Harkinian.png

B e l i e v e .

• Thumbs Up 9

If anyone can get in the game, they should use the most important NPC in TP.

Falbi.pngWho'd you think would be in this spoiler? Ashei?

• Thumbs Up 2

Saw the red pointy tip.

Thought it was Groose.

Saw that it was not Groose.

Still recovering from comatose shock. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Have Darmani instead of Darunia and Makau instead of Ruto and the Deku Butler. They could represent Majora's Mask and Link's transformations.

To represent WW, give Darmani a Hawaiian shirt as an alt. costume xP

Darmani could work, but Darunia is a more important character. The Deku Butler could be playable, though. I wouldn't mind that and he'd represent Deku Scrubs.

I'd like at least a female Zora (there are no known female Gorons), and Ruto is the most important Zora by far. Mikau would be very cool as well, though, I just don't think we'd get more than one of the less populous races. Zoras have been around longer, though... Maybe we could get both Mikau and Ruto, but I kinda doubt it.

Also, this comment about "Lana"... Someone else mentioned that "Lana" could be short for "Lanayru." Aka, probably the blue-haired girl, basically Nayru in human form. My current theory is that the blue-haired girl is actually Link's fairy in this game turned into a human (or with the ability to grow to full-size at certain points; the Great Fairies are certainly quite big) and I also think its possible that Nayru might've turned herself into a fairy named Lana to help Link, but merging theories together starts to get a bit questionable.

Either way I think "Lana" is probably the blue-haired girl on the boxart.

If Agitha really is playable, then there should be absolutely no hang-ups for letting Tingle be playable. I wonder what he'd do for his moveset, though. He's a cartographer, right? 

Hopefully, if he's in, they'll make him ridiculous and fun to play. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather not have Tingle be playable, but if we have a fairly large cast I don't care.