Awoo.

Hyrule Warriors (Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warriors sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!)

YoshiUnity

If Agitha really is playable, then there should be absolutely no hang-ups for letting Tingle be playable. I wonder what he'd do for his moveset, though. He's a cartographer, right? 

Hopefully, if he's in, they'll make him ridiculous and fun to play. 

Tingle will be just like his AT in SSBB.

He'll just make the game harder for everyone else.

Seeing Tingle actually get to interact with a Great Fairy would just be the weirdest thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Seeing Tingle actually get to interact with a Great Fairy would just be the weirdest thing.

Ah, this just proves it, Tingle can't possibly be playable. (He'll probably still be in the game in some way, though. He'll sell you maps of each area! :D)

So, either this roster is going to be monstrous, or it's going to be a Twililght Princess-fest and I'm going to be extremely disappointed. :|

• Thumbs Up 3

So, either this roster is going to be monstrous, or it's going to be a Twililght Princess-fest and I'm going to be extremely disappointed. :|

Right now I'm thinking the latter.

Considering how much they recycle Twilight Princess designs in Smash Bros and how this game seems close-ish to TP in style, I can totally see them re-using TP characters rather than digging from Zelda's rich history just because it's easier.

Well, we already know Skyloft makes an appearance somehow, so I think we'll get some Skyward Sword representation too.

Honestly I kinda disagree, so far we've got representation from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. All three of them have a major influence on this game with enemies from throughout all three games, and even the moon from Majora's Mask.

The three antagonists we know of so far are inspired by Ocarina of Time bosses. Impa is a cross between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time. Zelda is inspired by several different Zelda's (mostly TP/MM) with her own flair, and all the enemies we have so far are largely inspired by both TP and OOT.

At this point, I doubt we'll get anything outside of the more "realistic" 3D Zelda games, but I do think we'll get representation from all four of those games. WW's style clashes so much with the others that its unlikely to get much representation.

I still stand by us having about 18-20 characters (well, stand by since my latest revision; my previous speculation was 30 minimum, but now I'm starting to think 30 might be a bit high).

Well, we already know Skyloft makes an appearance somehow, so I think we'll get some Skyward Sword representation too.

OOT Stalchilds have already been seen as well as King Dodongo, plus the moon from Majora's Mask. Also, we have the Hookshot, not Clawshots from SS/TP.

• Thumbs Up 5

I do hope the toon games get at least one good representative. Vaati or Medli come to mind, although I have no idea what a Rito would even look like in a more realistic art style (kinda gross, probably). They could do Alfonzo, maybe, or Byrne?

The best thing would be scooting around the battlefield as Anjean, but that'd probably be too much Impa for one game.

Byrne would probably translate well to the game. His look and proportions aren't so odd that they couldn't adapt him.

I do hope the toon games get at least one good representative. Vaati or Medli come to mind, although I have no idea what a Rito would even look like in a more realistic art style (kinda gross, probably). They could do Alfonzo, maybe, or Byrne?

The best thing would be scooting around the battlefield as Anjean, but that'd probably be too much Impa for one game.

I definitely think Vaati has a very good chance of making it since he's one of the few recurring villains. Medli would be great, but would be hard to redesign into a realistic art style. Byrne perhaps could work well.

I hope they do include more of the major/popular characters and don't just go for random "shock" characters. I can take one or two but if the game is comprised mostly of Agithas it'll be pretty boring honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope they do include more of the major/popular characters and don't just go for random "shock" characters. I can take one or two but if the game is comprised mostly of Agithas it'll be pretty boring honestly.

Actually Agitha is extremely popular. She's a bit of a shock character, but she's still a popular choice. I do think we'll get mostly major/popular characters anyway, though, with only 1-2 actual "shock" characters.

In terms of Wind Waker Representation, what about the Hyrulean King? I Can't remember his name though :(
Him or tetra COULD get more realistic looks.

And the Ganondorf seen in the ending of the trailer definitely looks like the OoT Ganondorf

And the Ganondorf seen in the ending of the trailer definitely looks like the OoT Ganondorf

Could someone get a pic of this? My internet is too slow for me to spend so much time loading a video :/

Could someone get a pic of this? My internet is too slow for me to spend so much time loading a video :/

Screen_Shot_2014_06_23_at_22_22_47.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Still, with Agitha being a playable characters my hopes for Groose to be a fighter suddenly don't seem so far-fetched.

In terms of Wind Waker Representation, what about the Hyrulean King? I Can't remember his name though sad.png

Him or tetra COULD get more realistic looks.

Daphnes. I wouldn't mind him at all, either. He could be Zelda's father in this game.

Still, with Agitha being a playable characters my hopes for Groose to be a fighter suddenly don't seem so far-fetched.

I never considered Groose to be all that "way out there" personally. My favorite choice is still Saria, and if they decide either to represent all major races or represent the Seven Sages, she's actually quite an easy pick and would be great with forest and nature-related powers. Though I am being cautious about her, I think she's about as likely as Groose overall.

If I get a playable Saria, I don't care who else they add. I've been wanting her to come back forever. biggrin.png

Looking that over... I REALLY think its actually Ocarina of Time's Ganondorf design. Well, its a new design, but inspired by OOT more (and frankly I far prefer OOT Ganondorf anyway).

OoT Ganondorf really gives the impression that the guy really was human at one point, compared to TP Ganondorf who has a more typical warlock flair, so I'm fine with this.

For toon-ish games, wouldn't ALttP and Link Between Worlds count? We haven't gotten characters specifically from the Lost Timeline yet, so pulling a few from there would be neat. Sahasrahla, Irene, Jerry Agahnim, even Yuga and Hilda would fit well here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks. The gem on his forehead looks a bit different, so I'd say this is a new design. Might be based on the OOT design, though. Hard to tell with so little, though.

OoT Ganondorf really gives the impression that the guy really was human at one point, compared to TP Ganondorf who has a more typical warlock flair, so I'm fine with this.

For toon-ish games, wouldn't ALttP and Link Between Worlds count? We haven't gotten characters specifically from the Lost Timeline yet, so pulling a few from there would be neat. Sahasrahla, Irene, Jerry Agahnim, even Yuga and Hilda would fit well here.

No, they don't have the same "toony" design for the characters. The models for characters in WW, MC, FS, ST, etc., are not realistically proportioned or anything like that.

LTTP and LBW are just 2D versions of the full-size Zelda character designs overall. The "toon" designs look more like Pixar characters. Some of the non-toon designs are a bit wacky, but they still have realistic body proportions and the like.

I do think it'd be nice from some characters from the Lost Timeline, but I don't expect more than 3. Out of them, I'd really like Agahnim. Sahasrahla would be cool but I can't imagine him being included (then again, I couldn't imagine Agitha being playable either), but for Hilda, I can only really imagine her as an alt of Zelda. Yuga could be his own character, though.

At the same time, A Link Between Worlds might be a bit too new.

Thanks. The gem on his forehead looks a bit different, so I'd say this is a new design. Might be based on the OOT design, though. Hard to tell with so little, though.

Its clearly a new design, but I still think its closer to his OOT design, and I far prefer that. All characters are getting redesigns anyway, though they might have their original designs as costumes.

More info on Agitha and Lana:

Following our Hyrule Warriors report yesterday, further details have surfaced about new playable characters Agitha and Lana.

Agitha, who hails from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, uses a parasol in battle, and can call upon and attack with insects.

Lana, who we speculated was Princess Lana of Captain N: The Game Master, is actually an original character. She is a witch who wields a book of magic in battle, and can create barriers to brush away enemies. When the barrier is broken, however, the shock will cause her damage.

Also revealed, Link’s Hook Shot will make a reappearance. It can be used to reach places normally not accessible.

Additionally, when you have certain strengthening items on hand, it’s possible bring down the moon from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask as an attack.

Hyrule Warriors is due out for Wii U on September 26 in North America and September 19 in Europe.

http://gematsu.com/2014/06/hyrule-warriors-lana-brand-new-character

Sounds pretty cool.

Lana, who we speculated was Princess Lana of Captain N: The Game Master, is actually an original character. She is a witch who wields a book of magic in battle, and can create barriers to brush away enemies. When the barrier is broken, however, the shock will cause her damage.

Well, that all but confirms Lana to be the blue haired girl from the box art then. Sounds like a pretty cool character!